PDA

View Full Version : Things to Do for Mach 1 Owners at the Ford Centennial

Tony Alonso
03-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Bullitt owners will be joining up with their fellow "special edition" Mustang owners here at the Registry during the Ford Centennial Celebration in June. While we are 2 among the numerous Mustang groups who will be represented, Dave W. and I have been working with the leaders of the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (IMBOC) to generate some extra activities for attendees at the Ford 100. In addition, the Mustang Club of America (MCA) has a lead role in working with Team Mustang to plan additional activities as well.

Here's what is expected to be available -

a) a special MCA tent at the main Ford 100 event grounds where we will have a Mach 1 display (we would like a Registry member's car for this)

b) a special event at the Dearborn Assembly Plant on Saturday, June 14 - plants tours (the lines will NOT be running), a photo opportunity for owners and their cars to be photographed at the end of the production line (100 lucky owners of all registered Mustangs will be selected by lottery), a Mach 1 display in the plant (we again would like a Registry member's car), and a BBQ hosted by plant employees and Team Mustang

c) a Q&A/autograph session with current Team Mustang members, Art Hyde, and Scott Hoag on Sunday, June 15, at a karting facility called Kart2Kart - in addition, there will be a chance to race with these same folks and other Bullitt and Mach 1 owners wheel-to-wheel afterward

More details on the particulars will be given so that you will be able to understand how to participate in these events. In the meantime, if you want to attend these once in a lifetime activities with your Mach 1, here's what you need to do ON or BEFORE March 15 -

a) purchase your ticket to the Ford 100
b) register your car to be displayed immediately after you buy the ticket
c) send me a PM to inform me that you are attending

We have an official hotel and shirt for the Mach 1 and Bullitt owners. Please see the separate threads in this forum for more information. I am hopeful that more than 3 Mach 1 owners will be able to make the trip. There are currently about 20 Bullitt owners signed up and ready to go.

If you have further questions, please contact Dave or me. Thanks for your interest!

Tony Alonso
05-20-2003, 09:55 PM
We've also added several more things to our list. A complete calendar with dates and times will be forthcoming.

The added events are as follows -

a) a "welcome party" on Thursday night, June 12, at the official event hotel, with Team Mustang members attending

b) convoys on Friday, June 13, and Saturday, June 14, to the display areas

c) a group photo session

Tony Alonso
05-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Here is the full calendar of events planned for the Bullitt/Mach 1 100.

Thursday, June 12:
8:00am-5:00pm - a special invite from our friends in the SVT Owners Association; drag racing at Milan Dragway
4:00pm - Attend 'Ford Racing' autograph session w/other Bullitt/Mach 1 100 participants at the Ford 100 event grounds
8:00pm - Welcome party w/Team Mustang representatives at Bullitt/Mach 1 100 event hotel (Courtyard by the Mariott)

Friday, June 13:
8:00am-5:00pm - a special invite from our friends in the SVT Owners Association; drag racing at Milan Dragway
9:00am - Bullitt and Mach 1 convoy to the Ford 100 display grounds
12:00noon-3:00pm - "Drive the Track" charity event (for those registered with Ford)
5:30pm-7:30pm: Bullitt/Mach 1 100 Group Dinner (limited spots and registration will be required)

Saturday, June 14:
8:30am - Bullitt/Mach 1 100 Group Photo (photos will be offered for sale AFTER the Ford 100)
1:00-1:30pm - Mustang Club of America Presentation (includes Ford staff) at the MCA Tent on the Ford 100 grounds
2:30-5:00pm - Dearborn Assembly Plant BBQ for Mustang owners at the plant

Sunday, June 15:
1:30pm - Team Mustang Autograph/Q&A session at Kart2Kart Racing
3:00pm - Racing w/Team Mustang at Kart2Kart Racing

Of course, all of the other Ford 100 events are available during these times. Please send any questions to me via private message on this forum.

Tony Alonso
05-27-2003, 10:10 PM
One correction on the previous thread -

The dinner listed for Friday night, June 13, was primarily scheduled for the organizers to make the final preparations for the weekend events. Because of space limitations in the banquet area, the remaining spots will be filled by chance. A lottery ticket will be made available at the Thursday night welcome party at the event hotel.

I apologize for any confusion this has caused.

Tony Alonso
06-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Please download this detailed PDF file (http://mysite.verizon.net/greggvh/F100%20Site%20Layout.pdf) to view the Ford 100 event grounds and get an idea where some of the locations will be. Thanks to one of our friends on the IMBOC website for hosting this map.

Tony Alonso
06-10-2003, 02:20 PM
One more PDF file with a detailed map (http://www.freep.com/pdf/2003/06/09/ford_map.pdf) in a 3-D perspective. Again, thanks to one of our IMBOC friends for this.

03mach1
06-10-2003, 08:58 PM
:D :D

Big THANKS to Tony for coodinating all of this effort with both the Bullitt club and Team Mustang!

It should be one heck of a good time!!!

Won't be another until 2103!!

:CHEERS: :CHEERS:

falcongtho3
06-10-2003, 09:02 PM
I echo those praises for Tony, he has been a real help in getting things ironed out for me. This trip wouldn't have been as complete with out his very unselfish assistance. Thanks! :THUMBSUP:

Tony Alonso
06-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks, guys! Pray for good weather!! We definitely will be busy.

falcongtho3
06-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Been watching AOL weather forcast for the week, looks pretty good! Still got my fingers crossed...:THUMBSUP: