PDA

View Full Version : Delays, VIN Numbers and Build Dates

ShadowMach
09-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Alright, just about to chew my fingers off (nails are already gone). Any word on the Delay that Five Oh B posted the other day? Done it apply only to Automatic's or all Mach1"s?

Also, any news on Build Dates and VIN Numbers? If I remember correctly someone was proclaiming they would have their's by today.

If we could get some clarification on these things I know I would feel a lot better.

:SMASH:

POLSMACH03
09-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Delay ain't the word. My fingers are gone working on the wrists now. Nothing has coming out yet from what I can tell. We are running out of days till 10/7 something has to break soon. All I recall seeing are a couple of posts about 30 cars in October for Cincini zone and I think it was 32 for the Pittsburgh zone (each about 200 dealers!!!!) but who knows if that is true.

Still nothing official as far as I know.

ShadowMach
09-12-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks PolsMach. I know some on this site have access to info...at least to tell us that the Ford Order Computer tells them. Hope they will let us know soon!

Mustang Matt
09-12-2002, 02:35 PM
I was the one who was suppost to hear something today,still haven't gotten the call from my dealer.
Don't worry, I won't forget to post when I do hear something.

BLUEOVAL
09-12-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm at the store today, and I called the zone rep., There is still an unexplained delay on the auto trans, also the original "material hold", he is trying to get more info as to build dates and vin's but all the FMC brass seems to have clammed up. I will post accurrate information as it becomes available.

POLSMACH03
09-12-2002, 02:50 PM
they have been "clammed up" since day one!!!!!!

WarpdSpazm
09-12-2002, 03:01 PM
Even I'm starting to waver.... There's a red '99 Saleen S-281 supercharged coupe available for 29,100 with 21,000 miles... It's looking pretty nice, especially since I could have it by next week....
I just don't know anymore... I need to see a mach 1 for myself.... i knew i should have sucked up the time off and gone to charlotte
:SMASH:

ShadowMach
09-12-2002, 04:27 PM
I know what you mean. There is a Roush here locally I can get for les than 20 g's. Also, I might just hunt up a 2002 Mineral Grey GT and add a few tweaks to it like a chip, K & N stuff, etc. and be driving in a few days. It is just so darn frustrating waiting with all this swirling around!

:confused:

WarpdSpazm
09-12-2002, 04:38 PM
exactly... and i'm second guessing the bulging shaker hood.... i like the look of CDC's new design for the aftermarket shaker....

might look good on a min grey GT (maybe even a vert).

34Ford
09-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Hey WarpdSpazm,
Ya should'ah went to Bristol TN instead.

The sun was shining and I got to start the torch red Mach up.
Not to mention watching Mustang after Mustang drag race.

Boy those Pro 5.0's will haul a$$

Dennis

ShadowMach
09-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Well I dunno. I have seen the Mach 1 in person and I do like that hood. It looks for more muscular that any photo can depict. But it is the waiting and the not knowing that is about to drive me crazy. I just wish we could get some clarification from those who have the knowledge. *sigh*:SMASH:

BULLITT680
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
And now the true test of stamina begins...Who has the will to wait out the full term until their Mach 1 is delivered to the dealership from which it was ordered? Hmmmm??

Firstever
09-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Especially for those that won't get delivery until Spring. They'll have to wade through all the posts the 'early delivery' people will be posting. I'll be one of those waiting. Be gentle with me folks when you day comes:D

BULLITT680
09-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Firstever

There are many positive aspects to having a longer wait in order to obtain the Mach 1...not the least of which is that it gives the those that obtained a 5-speed model early a chance to get some of the bugs sorted out for the later happy owners and also to find out what works and what doesn't work as far as performance mods. In the long run; getting the car later saves the owner money...smaller payments due to less principle financed (assuming the owner "saved" some of his money during the extra period of waiting) and not wasting money on aftermarket parts that are unproven on the Mach 1. These are just some of the bennies to the extra wait.

POLSMACH03
09-12-2002, 08:34 PM
I'll take mine NOW thank U.

02mach1
09-12-2002, 10:51 PM
If it's true Cinn. and Pitt. area get the Mach1s 1st that's means I maybe get the 1st auto. Mach1s because My order was on 5/17/02:cool:
Intl.SN95 Late Model Mustang Owners Club & Registry For all 79-03 Mustangs (http://clubs.hemmings.com/lmmustang) :THUMBSUP:

StangRay
09-12-2002, 11:13 PM
By waiting till spring, you will have more leverage for dealing. Think about it.

If the production numbers go up past 6,000.00, then you can cancel your order and buy a "dealer stock" Mach 1 somewhere else for less than the one on order. Also too, if the production numbers rise, you will know that the car is no longer a collectors' item, drop your order to salvage your money, then go out a buy a car you don't get screwed on.

Also, if the price does not hold up by spring, again, you can deal for a better price.

The only negative is that you have to wait. But for you, that decision was already made.

You seem to have a bargaining edge.

02mach1
09-12-2002, 11:21 PM
Will more to put down on my mach1 and less payments for me:D :LAUGH: :CHEERS:

Firstever
09-13-2002, 05:55 AM
Yep, that's the plan. I've been worried about the car coming in sooner than expected and having to work out a storage plan with the dealer until ready to purchase. I've expressed this concern from day one with my salesman and he assures me he can work something with me in case it does arrive early. But in the same breath he assures me the car will not be arriving until sometime January. I told him I'll be ready to purchase in early March...i.e. I'll have the downpayment money saved up by then.

Yes, it does give me time to save and hear about others deliveries and impressions. I'm just hoping everything works out with the dealer and no suprises come along. Don't know how they can be so sure about delivery times but at this point, I have no reason to disbelieve them.