PDA

View Full Version : MeccaTune hid's

townson24
03-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Not for my mach, but for my wife's envoy. Bought them off ebay. Paid $260 shipped. The first set didn't work at all. The second set has one bad ballast. But, when they come on, they really light up the road well. Can't wait to get a set for my cbr 954 and mach. Just trying to shed some light on these systems they work incredibly well.

FordMan
03-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Just beware of buying directly from 3gmtrading.com, also known as cartech.com, and if you do be sure to pay with a means you can dispute later. The only downside I know of with the MeccaTune kits on ebay is they don't use relays in the wiring harnesses - not good for the long-term health of your stock headlight wiring.

townson24
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Overall I am ok with the quality. Just a little pissed off that this is now the second set and still having problems. I bought them from lucentstyles. I will stay away from the other guy. If lucentstyles doesn't respond to my most recent email I will dispute the entire charge; they weren't too eager to respond to my first problem. Only got a response when I threatened them.

FordMan
03-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I bought a McCulloch kit for my wife's Mustang from eBay and the overall quality, especially the kit wiring harness, is superior to the MeccaTune kit in my opinion (I have installed both). Very good customer service too. I don't know what happened at 3gmtrading, they supplied MeccaTune headlight kits for several group purchases beginning early last year and gave great service, but then sunk to very, very bad service late last fall.