PDA

View Full Version : White Mach 1 that keeps appearing and dissappearing on Auto Trader.

LincMercLover
03-18-2005, 04:31 PM
His ad keeps going up and down on Auto Trader. His number doesn't work, but it has an e-mail option. I e-mailed him and finally like almost a week later I get this:

Thank you for email. The car is in perfect condition,with no scrach on it,no damage,the price is 9,500.00 USD with shipping included. It has a Clear Title and it is in Showroom Condition. The car is in Europe, Italy and it will be shipped from here on my expense. You will receive this along with all papers and receipts that you need to register it in your name.Also will receive the title,keys,owner manual. Shipping will be done via Parcelforce and it will take no more then 3-4 days.The shipping will be free so you don't need to pay any fees when you receive it at your door.I am affiliated at Square Trade , I have a a purchase protection account for 10,000.00 USD and I assume you know what this means.How you are protected by Square Trade, in case we have a deal:
1) If you will not receive the car as i described to you,although this is not the case,Square Trade will refund you with 100% from the whole amount which you paid me.Even in case you will not receive the car,they will refund you the money.
2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not give me the details from the payment.You will give the details to Square Trade.They will verify the payment and if is OK,if the money exist and are available under my name they will notify me to proceeder with the shipping.After you receive and see that the item is the one you want,you just notify Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.
Please REPLY WITH YOUR NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL.
I will wait for your email to let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about the purchase.Let me know if this is OK with you,so that we can move forward with this deal and for I can open a case with Square Trade.
Regards!
I need to sell my Mustang and if you are reaady to buy it i will sell it to you for 8,500 USD asap because i have some financial problems, and i need to know if you are still interested in buying my car or not . Please reply me.

dealerleads@autotrader.com wrote:
***VEHICLE LEAD***

The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at http://www.autotrader.com. The listing is provided by AutoTrader magazine.
To view the vehicle, click the link below:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=179438353

VEHICLE INFORMATION
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Year: 2004
Price: 9500
Mileage: 6800
Body Style: Coupe
Color: White
Cylinders: 8 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: Manual
Doors: Two Door
Stereo: Unavailable
VIN: 1FAFP42R44F184487
Description: 2004 FORD MUSTANG, 6,800 mi, air bag, ac, ps, cc, p/seats, p/windows, am/fm, pdl, p/mirrors, Condition like new!It is very quick., $9,500, 253-568-9651

BUYER INFO
Name: Rick Kaltenbach
E-Mail Address: my79towncoupe@aol.com
Day Phone: (314) 574-9559
Comments: I am very interested in your car. Is there any way I can get more pictures? Also, do you have a CarFax report on it? Thanks!

Fraud Awareness Tips For Sellers:
http://www.autotrader.com/research/shared/article_popup.jsp?article_id=12125

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

JLG41MACH
03-18-2005, 04:40 PM
IMHO,

Stay away....just my opinion.

If it sounds to good to be true...... :confused:

IMachU
03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
That is the same scam that shows up on eBay. The crook uses a real Mach (or whatever car) ad that has closed, and reopens it under his info. SCAM!!!!!!!! RUN, don't walk from this!!!!!!!!

sstock
03-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Phone prefix is western washington.
This guy is a crook no doubt.
Guys, if it sounds too good to be true--- it is!!!!!! Dont be a sucker, nothing in life is free or near free.

Steve

03mach1
03-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Yes, Scam at work!! OMG....here we go again!!!

GrimlokTT
03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Definately a scam.

Something similar happened to me. I received a cashiers check for almost twice the amount of the asking price of the car I was selling. I was supposed to send them a cashier's check for the difference and someone would come pick-up the car. I took the check to the bank and it was so real they started counting out the green. I made them double check to make sure the check was real and it wasn't.

Stay away!!!

sstock
03-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Unbelievable, the scum suckers wanted you to pay them to steal your car! :mean!:

GrimlokTT
03-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Yea...and it almost worked. I feel sorry for the people that fell for it! :notsure: