PDA

View Full Version : Speedworld Sat. March 5

Torchmach
03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Got to get my Mach to the track while it is still mechanicly stock. My C&L MAF kit has been sitting in a box in my garage for a couple weeks now. This Saturday is the day. Kid at work just bought a 88' GT that he want's to see what it will do too. Any other Mach owner's intrested????

Keep on Machin' :yes:
Darel

rsnider
03-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Could be interested? We have a TON of yard work post-pool remodel. The yard is trashed. Is it a night race?

rsnider
03-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Is anyone planning on the Pavillions for April 2?

ASUMach1
03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey I can't head out to speed world on the 5th b/c i'm doing a ride along w/ DPS, but I should be out at the pavillions for April 2nd after the show in the morning. Rick, are you gonna be doing the CMC show and pony run on the 2nd and 3rd. It's still going on that weekend right Darel?

rsnider
03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Probably not. My weekends are pretty booked up for a while. Family wedding in Michigan in April, and my daughter getting married in July. I may be able to make the Pavillions... but everything else will be decided on the fly.

I've been able to get the 83rd ave. car show weather permitting. If anyone would be interested in getting a bunch of Machs together for a couple of hours I'm sure that could work out? We could meet at my house and caravan over there, it's only a few mintues away.

QTRPONY
03-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Is anyone planning on the Pavillions for April 2?

I am thinking you should forget about the Pavillions and lets all plan on doing Fireturd that Friday night (April 1st.)

1. It would be a good chance to get together.
2. Should be some other cool stangs out there due to the show that weekend.
3. We can invite the boys from down south and they have time to plan their schedule to be up here.
4. Maybe give the AZ Mach shootout one more try (third time is the charm right?)
5. AND most importantly- hopefully my car will be ready by then.
6. Oh and I forgot-these cars are a lot more fun to drive then to sit around the parking lot at the Pavillions and TALK about how cool and fast they are.

rsnider
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Count me in.

Torchmach
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Jason,
April 2 at the pavillions is still on, will post more info when I know. Tuck has a good idea about Firebird/turd too. Lets here from some of the Southern AZ Mach's about what they want to do! Got to get a group of AZ Mach's together soon:yes:
Keep on Machn'
Darel

QTRPONY
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Sombody should start a new thread about the get together and title it so that all AZ machs will read it. It never works for me so sombody else try.

Torchmach
03-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Good idea Tuck, we can give it a generalize title so everyone in the State will be encouraged to check in. Did not make it to Speedword last night, had a 24Hr. Stress/Fatigue related bug, the weather was not encouraging ether. May try again next weekend, our efforts to get to the track might be the cure for Arizona's drought.

What is a good shop to take my Car into to run on the dyno. Want to get some readings on it while it is mechanicly stock so I can report on what works, and by how much.:yes:
Keep on Machin'
Darel

rsnider
03-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Should I register with the Copperstate bunch if I'm planning on Firebird for Friday night? I really don't want to join, manditory meetings sounds like trouble for me, but if they want to up their head count I'd put my name on their list or something.

Same question for Saturday at the Pavilions.

P.S. Dropped my time to 13.47 at 103.6 on Saturday at Speedworld.

Torchmach
03-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Rick,

No such thing as manditory meetings, we show up to what ever sounds like
fun to us! (Plus we get a discount on parts at Earnhardt, and Sanderson Ford)
Shoot Friday Night at Firebird Coordnator Matt Soeffner an E-Mail mbstang@cox.net Let Him know you are coming so He can give Firebird a head count, and you will be eligible for a trophy in what ever category He puts us in (AMP is sponsoring the trophies). Just show up at the Pavillions, if early, help hold down the parking spaces.
Thanks,
Darel

rsnider
03-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Will do.

Torchmach
03-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Thanks Rick,
Will see you at the pavillions, with hopefully, a bunch of other Mach's. My copy of 'Whole Lot of Shaking" will be back from frame shop, will bring it out. Got the Aluminum parts from my C&L MAF kit back from Metal Polisher, will be on the Car for the show (look good too!). :yes:
Keep on Machin'
Darel