PDA

View Full Version : How do you mod the passenger window to auto roll down?

CoolBlueMACH
12-30-2004, 03:24 AM
saw someone in that Mach 1 vs 05 GT thread from corral had a mod that made the pass. window auto roll like the drivers side does. anyone know anything? wrong forum?

Lonestar 7
12-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Web electric has the kit about 24 dollars I think. Easy mod to do and very nice.

Orange whip 04
12-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Order the kit from Pony Performance. Comes with instructions.

GrimlokTT
12-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Order the kit from Pony Performance. Comes with instructions.

If you are talking about Pony Express Performance, I don't see that part listed anymore...?

Orange whip 04
12-30-2004, 11:42 AM
If you are talking about Pony Express Performance, I don't see that part listed anymore...?

Here is the link
http://www.ponyperformance.com/specials2.html

GrimlokTT
12-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Ordered...it's the same guy from both places....

DSG2003Mach1
12-30-2004, 01:04 PM
You can get those auto down modules from a Taurus (more common apparently) or any other Ford with driver side auto down from junkyards for around $10 as well. Just gotta know which wires to snip and splice. I know some of the Ranger guys would take several of these modules, they had auto up and down on their windows for roughly the cost of the kit.

Not downing the kit at all, I got one for a Bday present. Having all the connections ready to go and the diagram is great. Just a heads up for the do it yourselfers out there. May be hard to fit all the modules in the door though.

GrimlokTT
01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
OK...got mine and installed it. Works as advertised. Automatic down (For some reason, I thought it was automatic up as well).

Anyway, cons:
Nothing really to attach it to. I wrapped it in bubble rap and stuffed in the door.

No ground readily available...to ground properly. I cut about a .5 inch circle out of the sound insulating material to the right of the door handle. Then, I used a self tapping screw to insert it directly into the door for the ground.

Next time I find myself in a "you pull it" junkyard, I may look for a ranger to get the automatic up and down...as DSG2003Mach1 stated. (They do have auto up and down, right? Or did I misunderstand you?)

DSG2003Mach1
01-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I believe most rangers and explorers have them. The Ranger community was having better luck finding them in Tauruses though I believe.

I didnt wrap mine in anything...the pocket in that insert in the door holds it in place pretty well..havent heard any noises from it being in there..I spent a good 30minutes trying to figure how to mount it and gave up.

to get auto up will need 2 more of those modules (one for the up on each window) and to find a place to put the **** things

Sapperstang
01-10-2005, 07:43 AM
That was probably me that you saw. I got the kit from Pony.