PDA

View Full Version : Speedworld vs Firebird

rsnider
12-14-2004, 03:51 PM
OK... I'm tired of going out to Speedworld and having their starting line slick as goose snot! They seem to pay no attention to the launch pad and I don't believe they know what VHT is?

Have any of you had the same experience? Has anyone had better luck with Firebird. It's a long drive but I'm willing to drive all the way down there if they are doing a better job at preping the track.

QTRPONY
12-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I have not been to either for a few months but I have been to both at least 10 times (Speedwoorld about 25) in the last 18 months. I quit going to fireturd and would only go back for a big event like FFW. As bad as you think it might be, Speedworld is much better.

You need to stay away from "street drag" night because they do not even attempt to do any track prep. Go on Friday nights or on weekend events. They have races going on but they always have a "Time Only" lane running too.

Don't waste your time driving to Fireturd unless it is for a major event.

my04
12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Rick, you have to go on Saturday morning or sat night. Thats when they have there bracket races going on. They switched to thursday nights and the track is very pitiful.

rsnider
12-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Yup... I've been going on Wednesdays (earlier this Fall). The best 60' time I've ever gotten with my Mach was on stock tires before the 410's at Firebird the night before FFW last year (2.0).

With the drag radials and gears I haven't gotten below 2.3 at Speedworld and the bad launch is killing the 1/4 mi. times.

I'd be up to getting as many Mach's together as possible and going to the track?

Anyone interested?

ASUMach1
12-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah Rick I might be interested. I've never had my car to the strip. What do I need to do? Drive shaft loop, helmet?

rsnider
12-15-2004, 01:46 PM
If you run below 14.0 you will need a helmet. Other than not wearing sandals or shorts that's it.

I finally broke down and bought a helmet so I didn't have to keep borrowing Tim's. If you do not have a "SNELL" approved helmet we can share.

Things to consider:
Leave your spare tire/jack at home.
Don't have more than 1/4 tank of GOOD gas.
Double check your air filter to make sure it's not dirty.
Bring a tire gauge, or we can share. 40psi front/20 psi rear, air is available at the track.

And be prepared for a drive... it's a long way from ASU. Maybe we could meet up at my house? It's only a mile or so out of the way. I need to get on the Internet and check Yahoo maps. I know that there is a way to Grand Ave. going through West Wing that will avoid all the Sun City traffic lights (AND COPS).

Hey Tuck are you interested? Maybe we can get Sodbuster (Tim) to go as well?

Jason... what dates will you be back home in California?

ASUMach1
12-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Sounds like fun Rick, I'll probably buy a helmet since my head is grande :MADNOEL: , and just to be safe. I'll be in AZ all through the holidays. Sounds like a good time!

QTRPONY
12-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I am interested-I have not been in a couple of months. Let me know when though to make sure I don't have any plans. Also-we are talking Speedworld right? I hate fireturd.

Maybe we can actually have a Mach 1 Shoot Out like I have tried twice to do now with no success. Seems most of you guys want to talk about racing instead of actually racing :mean!:

We can figure out who the fasted Mach is in AZ.

rsnider
12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
If we all go to the Speedworld web site and check out their calander we can then post what dates work for us.

I like the idea of "sticking" with the dates when there is a high probability that the track is preped.

Sodbuster
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
The last time I followed Rick out to Speedworld and didn't race, I kind of wished I had. So......... if you all are going , count me in too.
Maybe with my suspension mods I can get under 14 seconds now :SMASH:

QTRPONY
12-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Maybe we can actually have a Mach 1 Shoot Out like I have tried twice to do now with no success. Seems most of you guys want to talk about racing instead of actually racing :mean!:

Just as I thought-you guys just want to talk about racing instead of actually runnin'.

:devil:

my04
12-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Tuck, Im still down to go. Just have to talk all those other old guys into going. :LAUGH:

Sodbuster
12-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Just as I thought-you guys just want to talk about racing instead of actually runnin'.

:devil:
Hey Tuck, how about coming out to PIR on Jan 15th or 16th and do a little autocrossing with me. Its a blast and the Mach's are very competitive in the stock class.A 2004 Comp. Orange car won the nationals in F.stock and Crissy Cobra won in her class too.
I race once a month and it would sure be cool to have another Mach or two out there. (hint to Snider). :santa:

rsnider
12-22-2004, 10:05 PM
I checked out the Speedworld calendar but am not sure what weekend day would be good? I can go just about anytime... so why don't you guys pick a day. Tuck you have about the most experience with the "Program" days. Pick a day when you think they will have the track preped and we can get the must runs in.

As for "Whimping out" I've been to Speedworld half a dozen times in the last year. But I'm tired of racing nitrous Acura's and STi's. I want to be there with some Mustangs!

Everyone have a good Christmas.

rsnider
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey Tim, can you post the active address for the registration for the Firebird autocross event? I kow they sometimes fill up early. Are you signed up already?

Sodbuster
12-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey Tim, can you post the active address for the registration for the Firebird autocross event? I kow they sometimes fill up early. Are you signed up already?

Here you go guys. The next scheduled event will be January 15th at PIR. It is a practice day....a test and tune sort of thing. $40.00 gets you 10 runs that you can use anytime during the day to tweak the car , try different things etc. You will have to work two different 45 minute sessions on this particular day. It is going to be very popular and limited to the first 80 cars. I am signed up already.
The following day January 16th is the first event of the new season but registration is not open for that yet and as always it will be $20.00.
Just click on the link here and go to the registration page to enter.
The club is setting as many dates at PIR as they can get because it is such a big place. The last races we had there were almost a mile long and took around 90 seconds to get through....a very long time in autocrossing. It was great.
Any takers ??????????

www.azsolo2.com

QTRPONY
12-28-2004, 01:37 AM
Anybody up for Friday (DEC 31) at Speedworld? They are having a test and tune day 9AM-3PM for a race this weekend. I am guessing they will do some track prep for this and I don't think it will be very crowded, but who knows.

Tim, I am going to have to pass on the auto-X in Jan. I have too many things going on right now to get hooked in another hobby. :wall:

Sodbuster
12-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Tim, I am going to have to pass on the auto-X in Jan. I have too many things going on right now to get hooked in another hobby. :wall:
Its easy to get hooked on this too. I'll let you know about this Friday.

rsnider
12-28-2004, 07:38 AM
I'd love to go on Friday but we help with the "play it again" band" during the Fiesta Bowl Parade and we are seriously committed. We've helped for 18 years.

That would have been the perfect day too, with the wife and I being off all week.

rsnider
12-29-2004, 03:57 AM
Do you think there will be a time-only lane on Saturday????? I'd be interested if there is.

QTRPONY
12-29-2004, 05:53 AM
Yes if you look at the "details" for Saturday on the race schedule there will be a time only and street trophy lane. There will also be street drags on Saturday night but I don't know how the track will be.

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

rsnider
12-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I don't want to waste my time again with a lousy track condition... but I could be talked into going out Saturday during the day.

Is anyone interested in taking part in the actual race program?

How about it? Anyone else ready to run their Mach?

rsnider
01-02-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm headed to Speedworld on Sunday, Jan 2. They have a program scheduled but will have a time only lane. Gates open at 9 a.m.

My neighbor is going with his 69 Camaro. We are both hoping to lower out times by .3 with a good track.

We will be leaving 69 Ave/Loop 101 around 9:30 a.m. if anyone wants to meet us there or call me if you want to caravan. 602-686-2235 (cell)

Sodbuster
01-03-2005, 02:36 AM
I'm headed to Speedworld on Sunday, Jan 2. They have a program scheduled but will have a time only lane. Gates open at 9 a.m.

We probably passed you going the other way on our way home from Wickenburg. Hope you beat your record !
Post your slips !!!!!!!!! :PICS:

ASUMach1
01-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Hey Good Luck Rick, and hope ya' beat your record. I would have liked to go but i'm up in the Bay Area for 2 weeks. Good Luck again

my04
01-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Well this morning was great. Very good track conditions and you couldnt ask for better weather. Rick and my self ran pretty good. I ran 13.48@ 104 with street tires and Rick ran 13.51 @ 101-102ish on DR's. I was very pleased with my times cause of what kind of tires I was runnig. Hopfully we can get Rick to post some pics. :PICS:
Ethan

rsnider
01-03-2005, 05:53 AM
-The weather was perfect!
-The track was sticky!
-There were only about two dozen cars there!

Ethan had the best run of the day at 13.48? I got my best run ever at 13.51. Sam blew the rear end in his Camaro. 456:1 gears + good slicks + VHT = SNAP! He said he has always considered going to a better rear carrier, now he has REAL motivation.

Sorry the rest of the crew wasn't able to make it. It was a good day.

Tim, Looks like you and the sweety had a good time.

Happy New Year,
Rick

Sodbuster
01-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Way to go guys :yeh:
Those are terrific times.
Rick, those 4.10's are really doing the trick. Now I want some !
Too bad about Sam's rear end....but as much as I hate to say it...I guess its bound to happen :grr:

QTRPONY
01-15-2005, 06:53 PM
I am thinking tonight is going to be a good night at the track. They have a big race going on but they are still going to run the street drags tonight. I am guessing the track will be pretty sticky depending on how many people show up. Since it is not an import vs domestic night I hope it is not too busy.

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/events/ScottWells05.pdf

I am taking the GT out if anybody is interested in going.

Torchmach
01-16-2005, 01:12 PM
UH-OH.......He's baaach!!!!!

Sorry for my disapperance guys....between the Holiday Season,Work, and the problems I was having with AOL and the Registry Reformat....Big thanks to Dave Wagner for his help in getting me back to being able to making postings, seems like AOL security features border on paranoia.

My car is still 100% stock mechanically, have a C&L MAF kit on order, want to go out to Speedworld and get some baseline numbers before installing. Tuck and Eathan let me know before you are going out next time, No BSing here, need to know where is a good place for a "Brain Bucket" too.

Next Copperstate Mustang Club show will be April 2. This is going to be a BIG WEEKEND, Fri. April 1, can run our cars at Firebird/turd, Sat. April 2 the show at Earnhardt Ford/Chandler,Sun April 3 will do a Pony Run from Earnhadt/Apache Junction up Highway 88 to Lake Roosevelt, 188 to the Beline Hwy., Back down 87 to Mesa.

Am on the Board of Directors this year, and the Show Committee, plus the Show Chairpersons are good friends. There will be a Class fot 2001 Bullitts, 2003/04 Mach 1's if we have 4 entries. Well we have my car, another member just bought a Bullitt, and there are 2 other Mach's in the Club that entered the Fall Show, will talk to them ASAP.

Keep on Maching',
Darel

QTRPONY
01-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Darel,
You missed an OUTSTANDING opportunity last night. Probably had the best night at the track EVER. There was nobody there. There were 20 cars max that ran all night. I NEVER waited in line. Nobody broke. Somebody ran over the trap cones and they were down for about 20 minutes fixing that but they ran non-stop the rest of the evening. Once I got the tire pressure adjusted and started hooking, I had a blast. My last 5 runs were all faster than my previous best of 12.77@107:

12.719@108.819
12.700@108.728
12.722@108.536
12.623@109.074 (NEW BEST)
12.624@109.171

(This was in my 90GT and not the Mach) Would have been pretty tough if I had been bracket racing. The weather was great and the track was great.

I am not sure when I am going out next. Probably in the next 2-3 weeks. I need to look at the schedule. As I had suspected and mentioned in my earlier post there was a big race going on so the track was in great shape-I would avoid the Thursday night street drags-it will probably just get you depressed :notsure:

As far as a helmet. I got mine at the motorcycle shop just north of Bell on Cave Creek. They have a lot and I just happen to go in there when they had a clearance sale going on. The one I got was originally priced at $250 and I got it for $100. Just remember there are no points for looking good. Mine is just your basic white helmet.

Torchmach
01-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Tuck,

I am impressed with your numbers with your GT. Am going to rebuild motor in my 88' soon. First want to get 200 thou on the odometer. I know where the motorcycle shop is, do some work related business with Pet Food depot in the neighborhood. By the way, the yellow 96 Cobra convertable parked at Pet Food Depot belongs to the owners wife (A Fast Lady indeed). Jason has talked about running his car, maybe we can get a Mach 1 group together. I am serious about going, as a group, or with you and Eathen, Keep me posted.

Darel

Torchmach
01-16-2005, 10:54 PM
PS Tuck,

The latest person to stop doing business with Tommy Thompson at AMP is Dan Martorano, the owner of AMP's security service. Seems like Tommy was getting paraniod about Dan screwing him. Is Tommy smoking crack????
Thought you would like that one!

Keep on Maching'
Darel

ASUMach1
01-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey guys i'm back in the valley of the sun finally. It seriously rained every day in San Francisco. No fun....... Tuck and Rick, great times by the way. Hope that everyone had a great and safe holiday and new years. One of the first things on the to do list is to get a helmet so I can hopefully get out to the track soon. Darel, I'm already scraping up cash so I can enter the show in the fall. Also, does the pony run cost anything, and if so how much. Again hope that you all had a great holidays, and new years.

my04
01-17-2005, 02:27 AM
Hey Darel! Id be willing to go anytime. Was kinda wanting to wait till I could get some slicks. I just installed my 4.30s and the car is all kinds of crazy. Maybe I could talk Rick into using his Dr's. Either way with or with out tires id love to go. See what my trap speeds will be before I put on headers and get it tuned. Just let me know and we can set something up. Tuck great times on the GT. I was gonna head out but it was too late. Some of my buddys were out there. One had a Sonic Blue Cobra and the other was in a 63 nova wagon or his 64 nova(not sure what car he took).
Ethan

P.S.
We should try to get everybody out to the track before it gets hot!

Torchmach
01-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey Jason,
Preregistration for the show will be $20, day of show $25. No cost for the pony run. One of our members owns a Subway franchise is furnshing box lunches at cost; $3 per person. There is a lot more to be finalized before flyers are out, but the new (younger) board is promoting it with other clubs in region, Will have National Exposure with Mustang Monthly too, since they are the "hosts" of the pony run.

Ethan,
I heard today that there will be a big ricer shootout at Speedworld Sat. Jan. 29. Lets plan on Sat. Feb 5, will give Jason and Me a chance to get helmets, maybe you can get your slicks by then too. What headers are you getting? Am planning on a set of Bassani Mid-lenths myself. Maybe we should plan a dyno day before my C&L MAF kit goes on?

QTRPONY
01-17-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

Sombody gave you bogus info.

Torchmach
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the correction and web site link Tuck. Not only is there not a Ricer Shootout Jan 29, but the 29th is Saturday Night Street Legal Drags, as is Sat. Feb. 5. Everone put your 2 cents worth in on what Sat is best, Tuck, Ethan do you guys have any inside info on which Sat will be best? I am serious about going out to Speedword doe's not matter which night to me. But lets do it. :yes:

Keep on Maching'
Darel

rsnider
01-19-2005, 08:40 AM
I got mine at Pep Boys on Bell Rd. around 59th Ave. Bell-SNELL 2000 for $49.00 It's a black open face basic model, but that's all I needed. Check the SNELL number closely on whatever helmet you purchase because the dragstrip checks.

Later,
Rick

P.S. Welcome home

ShakeMe
01-20-2005, 03:19 AM
What is the elevation of Speedworld? Firebird?

Torchmach
01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Shakeme,

The Elevation for Phoenix is listed as 1090', which I would guess is real close for Firebird. Speedword is out to the Northwest of town, on the way to Wickenburg, which is listed at 2093, probably 300'-400' higher than Speedwords location. If you are planning on coming over try shooting for April 1st Thru 3rd. Tying in with the Copperstate Mustang Clubs Show, which should be a big one this year with Drags Fri April 1, the Car Show Sat April 2, and the Pony Run Sun April 3. Black Mach 1's are rare over here, you will be a welcome addition.

Keep on Machin'
Darel

QTRPONY
01-20-2005, 08:58 PM
What is the elevation of Speedworld? Firebird?

According to their webpages which I have to assume is accurate:

Speedworld: 1250
Firebird: 1243

Torchmach
01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks Tuck,

ShakeMe, there you have it from the Arizona Quarter Mile authority. My guess is Tuck has the elevations memorized. :yes:

Darel

ShakeMe
01-21-2005, 01:44 AM
Shakeme,

The Elevation for Phoenix is listed as 1090', which I would guess is real close for Firebird. Speedword is out to the Northwest of town, on the way to Wickenburg, which is listed at 2093, probably 300'-400' higher than Speedwords location. If you are planning on coming over try shooting for April 1st Thru 3rd. Tying in with the Copperstate Mustang Clubs Show, which should be a big one this year with Drags Fri April 1, the Car Show Sat April 2, and the Pony Run Sun April 3. Black Mach 1's are rare over here, you will be a welcome addition.

Keep on Machin'
Darel

Thanks,
A lady from Speedworld said it is 1250. Sorry to disappoint you but, my car is DSG :)

QTRPONY
01-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the correction and web site link Tuck. Not only is there not a Ricer Shootout Jan 29, but the 29th is Saturday Night Street Legal Drags, as is Sat. Feb. 5. Everone put your 2 cents worth in on what Sat is best, Tuck, Ethan do you guys have any inside info on which Sat will be best? I am serious about going out to Speedword doe's not matter which night to me. But lets do it. :yes:

Keep on Maching'
Darel

If anybody is still interested, I vote the 29th. I have to work the first weekend in February so I can not go play on FEB 5th. I am only going to go if we can get a group out (3 or more)-which I have failed to do on multiple occassions.

Torchmach
01-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Count me in for the 29th, that is two cars, who will make it 3, Ethan? Jason? Tim?
Darel :yes:

azdesert50
01-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey Guys

Well I have not posted in awhile, but I would like to head out there on the 29 if I can get a few runs in. I went out there last thrusday and posted my best time of 13.7 @ 104. So I would like to improve that some more.

my04
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Id be up to go on the 29th. I wont have my tires by then but who cares.
Ethan

rsnider
01-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Went to Speedworld yesterday with my neighbor (69 Z28). Spent from 10 am to 2:30pm and only got two passes. Sam got three. It was a great day for watching a lot of 9 and 10 sec. cars... but it sucked for Time only or Street Trophy classes.

I tried running with a fresh Diablo tune installed. Hoping that the computer didn't have time to retart timing. Didn't make much difference. I ran 13.65 and 13.64.

The wife may have a fit... but I could be interested in this Sat. night if you guys are still going?

rsnider
01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
A close friend that works at Ford as an engineer told me that knock in our Machs engine is DEATH. He recommended I leave the timing alone. He wasn't against other mods... just anything that could allow predetination. I feel that 13.51 for an auto with gears is about as good as it's going to get. Maybe I should just work on my reaction times and go racing.

Remember that we only get 91 octane gas, and it can reach 115 in the summer. Knock is a very real possibility without everything working just as it should.

my04
01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Rick
I think we can get a nother tenth or two out of your car. I gonnn go out on sat and I think Im gonna take off the sway bar for a little more wieght transfer. I dont know how you feel about your shaker working but I have a K&N filter charger for a 03-04 cobra that you could have and see if that makes a difference. Let me know.
Ethan

rsnider
01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
You will need all the tricks for traction. As for me, the BFG's dont even chirp at the starting line. Gas to the floor brake torques will not even spin them when the track is preped properly.

my04
01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Ya youre right. Saturday night should be really fun. Let me know if you want to try that intake.
Ethan

rsnider
01-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear... the 13.51 wasn't the A/F ratio, it was the 1/4 mi time. I need to remember that I'm talking to engineer types.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

QTRPONY
01-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Gentlemen,

With great pain, I am going to have to withdraw from the festivities on Saturday night. :yes:

At least with my Mach that is. I may still bring the GT out to play but am not sure. As of thursday I will not have possession of may car. :??:

For undisclosed reasons my car will be out of state at a secret location (California) getting undisclosed modifications (KBB :surprise: ) installed.

You guys get in all the practice you can and figure out which one of you is the fastest Mach is in AZ so that I know who to call out in Mar. :gears:

ShakeMe
01-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Gentlemen,

With great pain, I am going to have to withdraw from the festivities on Saturday night. :yes:

At least with my Mach that is. I may still bring the GT out to play but am not sure. As of thursday I will not have possession of may car. :??:

For undisclosed reasons my car will be out of state at a secret location (California) getting undisclosed modifications (KBB :surprise: ) installed.

You guys get in all the practice you can and figure out which one of you is the fastest Mach is in AZ so that I know who to call out in Mar. :gears:

So, you're the suc... I'm mean guy :santa: Good luck man. It will be there when I drop off my blower for service/upgrade. I'll check on it if I can.

QTRPONY
01-25-2005, 11:21 PM
So, you're the suc... I'm mean guy :santa: Good luck man. It will be there when I drop off my blower for service/upgrade. I'll check on it if I can.

Thanks, if you can- pics would be cool.

QTRPONY
01-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Any of you guys here in Phoenix want to buy my Predator? I won't be needing it anymore. I just restored the stock tune and it is ready to go. It has the latest R50d version which just came out last week. I have the power supply and serial cable for updating it. I can help you load it and make adjustments (it is not hard at all.)

$250 obo.

rsnider
01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
weather.com says rain all the way til Sunday! Looks like just when we get the interest we are going to get rained out.

Hey Tuck, I've got the Predator but I'd sure be interested in the power supply and cords necessary to download info. I could use a few minutes of instruction too. Are you willing to sell them seperately?

Rick
602-686-2235
rsnider@phxhs.k12.az.us

Torchmach
01-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Rick,
Lets hang in there and see what the weather will be like Sat. this is the desert after all. I postponded a long distance booty call to San Diego for Speedword on 29th, so I am serious about this. Won't the rain clean up the track for Feb.5 ??? I'll be back from SD for that week end.
Keep on Mach'n
Darel

rsnider
01-27-2005, 08:53 AM
"weather.com" is still calling for rain all day Saturday. I'll go if enough others are still up to it given that the rain stops and begins to clear. I'd really like to have at least three other machs there to make it worth while.

Should we all agree to check this site at six p.m. on Saturday to see what the roll call would be or should we take a rain-check and do it on a better day when we may have 5-6 machs there? I'd rather go when we can get a bunch of machs together.

Keep in mind that Speedworld has gravel/dirt/grass (mud) pits.

Torchmach
01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Rick,

Roll call at 6PM Sat. sounds good, Rain Check for Sat. Feb. 5 is OK too.
Give me a call at 602 595-2621, if we need to discuss plans. :yes:
Darel

QTRPONY
01-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey Tuck, I've got the Predator but I'd sure be interested in the power supply and cords necessary to download info. I could use a few minutes of instruction too. Are you willing to sell them seperately?

Rick, you can get the power supply and cable from radio shack for around $40. The Diablosport page has the radio shack part numbers. I will sell you the cable & PS for $25 UNLESS I close a deal on the Predator w\cables before you get back to me. If you want them let me know and I will edit the predator posts and ask $25 less. I can show you how to update yours if you want-the directions on the DS page work pretty good. The only problem I had was I had to adjust the com port speeds but that is no big deal.

Sodbuster
01-28-2005, 08:44 AM
"weather.com" is still calling for rain all day Saturday. I'll go if enough others are still up to it given that the rain stops and begins to clear. I'd really like to have at least three other machs there to make it worth while.

Should we all agree to check this site at six p.m. on Saturday to see what the roll call would be or should we take a rain-check and do it on a better day when we may have 5-6 machs there? I'd rather go when we can get a bunch of machs together.

Keep in mind that Speedworld has gravel/dirt/grass (mud) pits.
Sodbuster checking in early :smokin:

rsnider
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Now ALL the channels are calling for heavy rain all day Saturday! Nuts! I think the storm gods are all against this weekend. What say we re-schedule?

rsnider
01-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the offer. If you haven't sold them yet I'll take the accessories for the Predator. I could also use some lessons with the operation and use! When would you have time to get together? What part of town do you live in?

Rick

rsnider@phxhs.k12.az.us
602-686-2235

Sodbuster
01-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Rick,
Lets hang in there and see what the weather will be like Sat. this is the desert after all. I postponded a long distance booty call to San Diego for Speedword on 29th, so I am serious about this. Won't the rain clean up the track for Feb.5 ??? I'll be back from SD for that week end.
Keep on Mach'n
Darel
Darel, did you say you postponed a booty call ??? :rolleyses
Prioritize man, prioritize :smack:

Torchmach
01-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Yes Tim, but only by one day, She works Weekends so no major loss. She has seen pictures of me with my Mach, so I am wandering if it is me or the Car, but does not know how to drive a 5 Speed so I should be safe! This weather has left my Mach in the Garage alot lately, and my GT is getting very dirty. One day or another we will get Speedword in as a group. :yes:

Keep on Machin'
Darel

my04
01-29-2005, 03:38 AM
You guys are all thinking the worst. Theres only a 30% chance of rain today(im tipping this at 133am sat morn.)And it is arizona after all. So ill be there when the gates open If it dosnt rain. Is anyone gonna go to firebird and watch the NHRA time trials this weekend?

Torchmach
01-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Ethan,

Raindrops started hitting my skylight at 9:12 AM, lets hope there are just a few showers passing thru to clean off the track surface. Will be going out to get a Helmet this AM, will try Pep Boys on Bell east of 59th 1st, thanks for tip Rick.
When do you get your Mach back Tuck? With a Kenny Bell setup you should shock the S... out of a few 03/04 Cobra's and Subaru WRX's.

Keep on Machin' :yes:
Darel

Sodbuster
01-29-2005, 12:31 PM
WEATHER UPDATE.............raining hard at 67th Ave and Happy Valley at 10:30 am. :grr:
I dont know what the problem is with you drag racers though, we autocross rain or shine :eek: Lets you know the limits of your oversteer....and trust me, we oversteer. Even with the TC on and my suspension mods I was slippin' and slidin' :notsure:

QTRPONY
01-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Ethan,

Raindrops started hitting my skylight at 9:12 AM, lets hope there are just a few showers passing thru to clean off the track surface. Will be going out to get a Helmet this AM, will try Pep Boys on Bell east of 59th 1st, thanks for tip Rick.
When do you get your Mach back Tuck? With a Kenny Bell setup you should shock the S... out of a few 03/04 Cobra's and Subaru WRX's.

Keep on Machin' :yes:
Darel

They said 4-6 weeks. Usually performance shops are pretty optimistic so I am planning on 01 April. If I get it back sooner great.

Maybe we should reschedule for 02 April. :smokin:

my04
01-29-2005, 01:46 PM
1143am its stoped rainnig. Lets just hope it dosnt rain the rest of the day and we should be fine.

Torchmach
01-29-2005, 08:10 PM
It's 6:06 PM, anybody out there in Mach Land AZ????

Torchmach
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
This sucks !!!! We had some good Mach 1 Spirt going, I even got a helmet (Maybe I Will Need it in SD!!). Tuck ,the Copperstate Mustang Club will be hosting a night a Firebird/Turd April 1, maybe that will work for you new Blower. Should be a lot of Cars in from Tucson and SC for that night. We got to rescheadual in the next couple weeks though. Oh-Well duty/booty calls, off to San Diego in AM. Hope it is me, and not the Car.

Keep-on Machin'
Darel

rsnider
01-30-2005, 12:14 PM
I didn't even bother logging on at 6 p.m. It was pouring everywhere, I figured we all knew it was off.

While watching channel 13 about 5 this morning they were showing the storm that rolled through Whittman (Speedworld). They actually had a tornado! Granted it wasn't a warm air tornado like back east... but the weather was nasty enough to churn up a cold air twister.

Lets set our sights on another date. How about trying to pick a day at Speedworld that the track will be preped. I've learned however to avoid ADA points days. WAY TOO CROWDED.

Torchmach
02-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Made it back from San Diego ( It was me, but the Mach sealed the deal!! ). Sounds like a good plan Rick, rather than sticking my foot in my mouth again,(Twice in 1 week ) lets get some feedback from Tuck and Ethan on what would be a good date to rescheadual.
If anybody is a baseball fan and wants to go to San Diego for a Diamondbacks game during the Summer, stay at thje Gaslight District Radison, you can see left field from the bar on the 18th floor, and all you need to do is walk across the street to get to Petco Field. Did see a DSG Mach Westbound on I-8 around Crest as I was Eastbound around 1:15-1:30, on the way home.
:yes:
Keep on Machin'
Darel

rsnider
02-02-2005, 08:45 AM
How about we wait until Tuck gets his Mach back on the road???? Rumor has it that it will be worth the wait!

QTRPONY
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
FYI:

This thread seemed to be getting kind of long so I started a new one ("Phoenix Project") in the SW region forum for those that are interested.