PDA

View Full Version : Or Cobra Pumps

04SPRMACH
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Can I install these into my Mach1 tank and make it work until I can get the cobra tank too. Its a cost thing!!
How can I make the cobra pumps fit??

Orange Blast
12-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 04SPRMACH
Can I install these into my Mach1 tank and make it work until I can get the cobra tank too. Its a cost thing!!
How can I make the cobra pumps fit??

You can....but you will run out of gas if you do not run a half tank or more.

The Cobra tank has a built in resevoir area like a bike tank. So it is always at the highest point there at the pump. The stock Mach/GT Fuel pump sits at the very bottom of the tank without that detail. So yes it will fit...but you decide.

ITS BACK
12-12-2004, 04:43 AM
Yes you can. There was a thread about that not to long ago. All you have to do is bend the tabs out of the way, or brake them off completely.

Lonestar 7
12-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Steeda also sell a fuel pump upgrade.:THUMBSUP:

04SPRMACH
12-12-2004, 09:57 PM
I know about the steeda upgrade, but I have been told by many people not to get those-- Junk I guess??

B4THUNDER
12-12-2004, 10:44 PM
04SPRMACH: did you get your SCT chip done up using a dyno tune or just used an SCT tune? Oh any times yet?

GaPonyFarm
12-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 04SPRMACH
I know about the steeda upgrade, but I have been told by many people not to get those-- Junk I guess??

The Steeda pumps are NOT junk. They use all Ford oem specs. I've been running them hard for 7 months now, without so much as a hiccup... They are just hard to come by, for some reason. There's nothing wrong with Cobra pumps, its just not your only choice. Just be sure to get enough pump to do the job, without the need for a BAP.

I've answered this to you before, but... to remove the basket in the Mach's gas tank, just pull the tank and look down inside. You'll see the basket and that its just held in by three little tabs on the bottom. You can just straighten the tabs, or break them off, and pull the basket out. You can run to a 1/4 tank without worry, but anything below a 1/4 and you want to stay out of boost.

04SPRMACH
12-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks, but I have been specifically told NOT to go with the Steeda pump setup. I have done alot of research over on the Modular Depot forum, and found that their practically giving away the steeda dual pump setups. They are very plentiful, and therefore less desirable. Aparently they dont flow as well as advertised, and go flat when you need them most. I think the cobra twin pumps with the cobra tank is the correct way to go. If your going to do it--might as well do it right.