PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma SHAKERS GTG 11 Dec........

Mister L
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
The un-official "Oklahoma Shakers" are rallying a get together on Saturday the 11th of December in OKC. Location and time to be determined. Suggestions are the following:

Buffalo Wild Wings ~ Moore or NW OKC
County Line Barbecue ~ West of MLK by the Cowboy Hall of Fame
Cattlemans ~ South Agnew from I-40
Outback ~ Numerous locations
Cheleno's ~ Numerous locations but original is on Robinson, N of 44th street
Tony Roma's ~ Meridian?
Fire Mountain ~ I-40 W of Meridian?
Golden Palace ~ Numerous locations
Golden Corral ~ Numerous locations
Sante Fe ~ SE 29th MWC or I-240
The HOG House ~ South Agnew from I-40
Olive Garden ~ I-240 or other location
HOOTERS ~ I-240 or NW Expressway

Parking may be an issue if we have to use the lot behind Cattleman's otherwise we could park on the street.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and the Mach cruise afterward. Sounds like fun! Pray for good weather!!!!!

This gathering is OPEN to any Mach or Mustang Family owner who wants to join us.

:COOL::COOL: :COOL: :COOL:

Mister L
12-06-2004, 11:10 AM
FIRE MOUTAIN...............never been there but looks like a nice place. That is my vote!

I'm flexible on the time.

soonerjoe
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi, My name is Joey Higgins. I registered for the site a while back when I was looking at Mach 1's. I ended up getting an 03 Cobra instead. I still love the Mach's and look forward to meeting some fellow Mustang enthusiast. I also have a 68 stang (not running) that I plan to fix up again.

5OhNA4.6
12-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Marty, Fire Mountain is a great place to eat. If we plan on going there, it would have to be at an akward time, due to the fact that during peak eating hours you usually cannot get a seat for 2 people, let alone 10+. Parking can also be a beeatch. I really don't care about the location, but would prefer sometime around lunch.

-Kyle

5OhNA4.6
12-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the crew Joey.:CHEERS:

soonerjoe
12-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 5OhNA4.6
Welcome to the crew Joey.:CHEERS:

Thanks!

o4yellomach
12-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I vote for Hooters on NWE Plenty of parking and Oh those chicken wings

okc-AZURE
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by soonerjoe
Hi, My name is Joey Higgins. I registered for the site a while back when I was looking at Mach 1's. I ended up getting an 03 Cobra instead. I still love the Mach's and look forward to meeting some fellow Mustang enthusiast. I also have a 68 stang (not running) that I plan to fix up again.

Joey,

I have a 68 stang (running) as well and have a few parts that I need to get out of my garage. I converted my car from a C4 automatic to a 4-speed top loader and still have the original spindle & drum assemblies, C4 bellhousing, and a few other misc parts. Let me know if you are interested and I'll make you a heck of a deal... FREE!!!! I'll make that offer to anyone who is interested for their own use anyway (I don't want somebody to take the parts & then sell them).

By the way welcome to the club and the MACH1 registry!

okc-AZURE
12-06-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm open for most places. My comments are below. By the way if we eat at Fire Mountain we could park most of the cars at my work @ Reno & Meridian. It's only ~1 mile down the road and the MACH's would be safe there!

> Buffalo Wings
Great choice!!!

> The County Line
Sounds good!

> Cattlemans
Great place to eat but I'm scared to park the Taurus in that parking
lot... let alone the MACH!!!!

> The HOG House
Good choice!

> Outback
Good choice & lots of locations to chose from!!!

> Golden Palace
Chinese is good.. but I don't recognize this one.

> Golden Corral
If we are going to the big buffet, maybe we should go to Fire
Mountain instead?

> Tony Roma's
If we go here.... Maybe we could do it on a Monday night for all you
can eat ribs. They dropped the baby back AYCE but you can still do
it with the st Loius ribs!

> Olive Garden
If everyone votes it, I will eat here!

> Cheleno's
Definitely a great idea. I have been to Chelino's on NW expressway &
on Meridian... but I'm sure any of their locations would be great!!!

Mister L
12-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Glad to see you on the board here Joey!

I did not know that Fire Mountain was a buffet.

ACMECH (Super Dave) doesn't have internet at his new house yet so we need to give him a buzz or relay thru mustangfrk so Dave gets the rally info.

Thats a pretty good deal Keith on the 68 parts.

We still need to come up with a time. Kyle says lunchtime..................is that before or after 1pm?

Before 3 for Shaker04 as they have an appointment at 3.

Sharon and I are flexible for anything after noonish!

o4yellomach
12-07-2004, 12:34 AM
i can make it anytime just let me know when and where

OKMach1
12-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Any of the eating places sound fine to me. They sure beat the choices in Cushing. Just post a time and place and I'll make it if I can. Welcome to the group Joey. I'm interested in seeing the accessory mounting/belt routing on a Cobra for my Mach project.

Kevin

5OhNA4.6
12-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Is 1:00pm okay?? That's actually breakfast for me, working graveyards and all. I'm still flexible.

White2003Mach1
12-07-2004, 02:34 AM
i'm flexable on time and place, my only concern is plenty of south forty type parking

welcome joey

okc-AZURE
12-07-2004, 11:59 PM
I forgot to put..... any time will work for me.

Mister L
12-08-2004, 05:48 PM
1 pm works for us..................we just need to know WHERE!

Okla.Mach1 03
12-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome Joey. I don't get off work till 2:30pm so I will miss the Lunch. I would still like to catch up with you all for the cruise afterwards. Mister L if you could E-mail your cell # to me I could see where your going to be about 2:30pm Thanks Michael

5OhNA4.6
12-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Mister L
1 pm works for us..................we just need to know WHERE!

I picked the time, that's all the initiative I can handle. Take point on the location Marty.

-Kyle

o4yellomach
12-08-2004, 10:32 PM
so where are we gonna meet at? Id like to get together with other mach owners and meet you all. This will be my first gtg

okc-AZURE
12-09-2004, 12:34 AM
We could always meet at 3PM along with the Oklahoma Mustang Club. We wouldn't need to eat at Eischans but we could follow them... or meet up with some other Mustang entusists before we went cruising!!! The details are as follows for the Oklahoma Mustnag Club meeting:

Hello fellow club members,

Don't forget this Saturday we are going to Kingfisher to see the Christmas lights.

We will meet at 3:00 pm at the corner of NW Expressway / County Line Road (NE Corner?). This is the parking lot of the old Payless Cashways. I've been told it takes about 30 minutes to get to Eischan's. However, they don't do reservations on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully, since we will be there between normal lunch and dinner times we won't have to wait very long. After we eat we will go to the park to see the lights.

See everyone on Saturday.

Mister L
12-09-2004, 12:50 AM
So thats where Shaker04 has to be at 3. Gotcha figured out Keven and Kathy!!!!!!!!!

If I'm takin' the point on the location my vote is still for Fire Mountain. 1pm at Fire Mountain...........if seating is an issue we can go elsewhere. I think it would be fun if our group of Mach's merged on the OMC's event!!! I'm definitely game for a cruise but we need to organize it. Determine WHO is the lead so we don't get scattered like quail. My vote is for REX (typical lead guy) or Kyle (Cop connections!)

Marty

mstangfrk95gts
12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Screw OMC.....

thanks for the trophy tho...

that is all.
carry on.

White2003Mach1
12-09-2004, 01:29 AM
thanks.......................

i love being the first guy :COOL: ..................wait that makes me cannon foder :SMASH:

5OhNA4.6
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Fire Mountain at 1300 sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind taking a little cruise either. Rex would have to be the point man. I couldn't find my way out of a paper sack once I get outta the city. Saturday looks like it will be a beautiful day, high of 65, 10% chance for showers.

soonerjoe
12-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by okc-AZURE
Joey,

I have a 68 stang (running) as well and have a few parts that I need to get out of my garage. I converted my car from a C4 automatic to a 4-speed top loader and still have the original spindle & drum assemblies, C4 bellhousing, and a few other misc parts. Let me know if you are interested and I'll make you a heck of a deal... FREE!!!! I'll make that offer to anyone who is interested for their own use anyway (I don't want somebody to take the parts & then sell them).

By the way welcome to the club and the MACH1 registry!

Wow, I don't think I need any of those, but I do need help working on the car :)

I will let you know if I realize I need any of those part. I appreciate the warm welcome!

Shaker04
12-09-2004, 11:26 AM
See you at Fire Mountain. Marty, you're right, the cruise is our 3:00p destination.

Mister L
12-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Everyone on the Oklahoma Shakers email list was sent an email identifying the location and time to rally. Jeff Nash is military and has UTA but is still going to try and make it. KerleyFries (Clint Kerley) has to work till 5 or 5:30 and wants to rally if we are still cruising. He has the FR500 cams in his car, 4.30 gears and it sounds awesome. Looks like we will have a good turnout.........now if we can get ALL the colors this will be a first.

Cannon fodder? You know the city as well or better than any of us Rex!!!!!!!!!! We'll watch your "six"!:D

okc-AZURE
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mstangfrk95gts
Screw OMC.....

We can always crash an Oklahoma Deadhorse Mustangs meeting some other time!!! I like all mustang enthusists and never understood the rift between Oklahoma Deadhorse Mustangs and the Oklahoma Mustang Club. Hopefully the Oklahoma Shakers will be in good with both clubs!!!

okc-AZURE
12-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by soonerjoe
Wow, I don't think I need any of those, but I do need help working on the car :)

I will let you know if I realize I need any of those part. I appreciate the warm welcome!

I'm sure some of the members around here would be happy to help... or at least point out what needs to be done while they watch you work:MADNOEL:

03BlkMachOne
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by okc-AZURE
I like all mustang enthusists and never understood the rift between Oklahoma Deadhorse Mustangs and the Oklahoma Mustang Club.

Could age have anything to do with it?

okc-AZURE
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
The OMC has people from teenagers up to, well.... retired! I don't really know about the deadhorse mustangs.

I have heard that the OMC was rumored to be unfair to modded cars in shows but the best I can tell is that modded cars win their fair share or more in the OMC shows.

mstangfrk95gts
12-10-2004, 03:02 AM
well id rather have some ignorant young people post on our message board than have a bunch of stale assed old guys/gals judging me or my car.

OMC is a fine organization, but when i started OKDHM it was so myself and other who didnt want to have to put up with people who get hives if they see a 65 straight six with non date coded hoses, and the wrong color chalk mark on the firewall.

as, far as the younger crowd on the OKDHM messageboard goes, 75% of em never come to meets and therefore are not OFFICIAL members, so dont think youd have to put up with em.

Just a tidbit of why i dont like the OMC atmosphere.

A buddy of mine and i went to a OMC show with the intention of showing his car.

01 Pewter Cobra witht the following.

Bassani LT headers,Bassani X, and Catback
full built IRS with girdle and 4:30's
Chrome Moly Tube K member
QA1 coilovers all around

Everything Steeda makes for a 01 Cobra suspension wise.

Steeda Ultralight wheels with Nitto 555's and DR's

150 shot NOS system, Custom stereo and sub rack in trunk...

the list goes on.....

Anyway, when this car was beaten in the 99-up "Modified" class by a stone stock 99 V-6 automatic vert, whos only mod was a Cold Air kit, catback and a set of ugly assed stick-onl flames...

i decided that OMC was not really a place for younger Mustang enthusiasts.

im done.

Johnny Nitro
12-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by mstangfrk95gts
well id rather have some ignorant young people post on our message board than have a bunch of stale assed old guys/gals judging me or my car.

OMC is a fine organization, but when i started OKDHM it was so myself and other who didnt want to have to put up with people who get hives if they see a 65 straight six with non date coded hoses, and the wrong color chalk mark on the firewall.

as, far as the younger crowd on the OKDHM messageboard goes, 75% of em never come to meets and therefore are not OFFICIAL members, so dont think youd have to put up with em.

<SNIP>

i decided that OMC was not really a place for younger Mustang enthusiasts.

im done. Obviously, I disagree.

5OhNA4.6
12-10-2004, 05:42 AM
John, with all due respect,...as the Pres of OKDHM, I am certain that you are aware of the Official Deadhorse Scavenger hunt that took place last month. During that event, several of the "Official Members" took to the streets of OKC and did the following: vandalized city/gov property, vandalized private property, comitted larceny of city property, and illegally impeded the flow of traffic by baricading hi-way ramps. As a result, these fine Official Members helped the entire OKDHM Crew earn a name within the local law enforcement community. Most notably the 3rd shift of Hefner division. I know that there are fine all around stand-up car guys in OKDHM(yourself included), but they are a HUGE minority. The majority of the kids over there are punks, and have adversely branded everyone who affiliates themselves with the organization. I'm not trying to air your club's dirty laundry, but the core group of those who post regularly, or "Official Members", definitely do not fall within the first aforementioned category.

As for the OMC and the way they judge cars...I digress.

10mmPhil
12-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Nitro
Where's the love? :MADNOEL:

after reading all this, im at a loss on what to say.

i just hope to see some fellow Ok Shakers at the
fire mountain.

10mmPhil

mstangfrk95gts
12-10-2004, 02:23 PM
what happend with the scavenger hunt, which was put on by some of the members, and not a "sanctioned" DH event was unfortunate, and all but one involved with the illegal activities were kicked out of the club.

Our charter reads that OKDHM does not condone illagal activities such as street racing etc.., however the actions of a few immature people has tarnished our image with the local law enforcement community, and were are going to have to work hard not to be sterotyped as a bunch of punks like those in other local car clubs such as OK-Speed.

any person accociated with illegal activites during a OKDHM event or even a group event not neccesarily sponserd by OKDHM is subject to discharge from the club and is immediatly banned from the message board.

Once again, i started OKDHM as a place for the younger mustang enthusiasts to belong because i saw a definite rift between the core members of OMC and most younger enthusiasts.

I will reiterate that OMC is a quality organization, but just not for everyone.

My wifes Mach 1 won best on class at the 2004 Hot Summer Nights car show, and we had a great time.

Please dont take my comments to mean that i have some sort of Issue with OMC, i just think that alot of people like myself feel out of place at thier meetings and such.

Thank You.

John Johnson

President and charter member of OKDHM.

10mmPhil
12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Nitro

10mmPhil, were you the guy my brother and I met at the ORA MG Shoot in September?

yes, im the guy........sure was a fun time.

bang...bang....bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbang

mstangfrk95gts:

john, thanks for the explanation/clarification on the matter.

10mmPhil

Mister L
12-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Great food, great people, good time and even had good weather! Nice to meet new folks and see the gang again. We finally had ALL the colors............11 Mach's total. Kyle took photos and they will be posted later.

Happy Holidays!

5OhNA4.6
12-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Awesome turnout!!!! It was great to see everyone and their cars. I had an absolute blast cruising back and forth to Okarche.

Pics and vids have been sent.

-Kyle

Okla.Mach1 03
12-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Finally glad to meet up with the club. I hope I don't miss another get together. I had a blast. My son really liked the 4-wheeler and motorcycle chase thru the parking lot. It was like real Cop show. Take care and be safe Mike:CHEERS:

o4yellomach
12-13-2004, 01:34 AM
i had a great time never seen so many good lookin cars a once. Cant wait till the next one.

soonerjoe
12-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Great time guys love the machs!!! Did you guys have any luck on 39th st?

Clint it was good seeing you at Thunder Valley on Sunday, I was hoping to see a few other mach 1's out there. Do any of you guys ever race at Thunder Valley?

10mmPhil
12-13-2004, 05:42 PM
thanks to Marty and all for the SuperFun time.
it sure was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to Kyle for the pics and videos.
i think my fav. is the group one shot from the tower.

Hope to see everyone at the next Get2Gether.

10mmPhil

p.s. havent been to thundervalley yet, but want to.

Shaker04
12-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Kathy and I had a blast. Great time at Fire Mountain and the cruise to Okarche. Thanks Kyle for the video and pics.

03BlkMachOne
12-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Sounds like you guys/glas had a great time. I will try to make the next one.