PDA

View Full Version : Plain and Simple?

Chris
01-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Just three days ago, I received my Mach 1 (grey). I would like to keep this gem of a car looking great for years to come. In your opinions, what would the 3 major things that need to be done in order for this vehicle not to need major detailing years to come because of non-correct upkeep from years past? I went to the Zaino website, but not really sure what is neccesary to purchase now. Helpful hints on the following would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on "washing" the vehicle (e.g. specific sponges, etc.). Tips on waxing (e.g. by hand, buffer, etc.). If waxing by hand is the preferred method, what item is best to remove the wax (cloth towel?). I thank you in advance.

Verk
01-26-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Just three days ago, I received my Mach 1 (grey). I would like to keep this gem of a car looking great for years to come. In your opinions, what would the 3 major things that need to be done in order for this vehicle not to need major detailing years to come because of non-correct upkeep from years past? I went to the Zaino website, but not really sure what is neccesary to purchase now. Helpful hints on the following would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on "washing" the vehicle (e.g. specific sponges, etc.). Tips on waxing (e.g. by hand, buffer, etc.). If waxing by hand is the preferred method, what item is best to remove the wax (cloth towel?). I thank you in advance.

I have been using Zaino for years and won't use anything else. The first time out, you will need their Z1. This is a Polish Lock and pre-cleaner. You put it on like wax but you don't wipe it off....just use the Z2 wax over it. You use this only the first time. Then you will need some Z2 Polish for clear coat paint. I also also use their Z7 car wash. This stuff is great and restores the shine to that just waxed look even after repeated washings. Between washes their Z6 detailing spray is great.

One very important tip on the Z2 wax, only take it off with a 100% white cotton towel. This is very important, it must be 100% cotton. The best thing about Zaino is that it comes off very easy and without any residue whatsoever. One coat looks great but for best results, apply two. The color just jumps out at you.

I used it on my black Corvette for years and it made the paint look a mile deep. I have found that it really makes the Azure Blue jump out at you.

I have used many different waxes over the years but Zaino is the best I have seen and nothing else will touch my Mach 1.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Chris
01-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much or your insight. Guess I will be ordering the products.:THUMBSUP: