PDA

View Full Version : Which type of fuel system?

ITS BACK
11-10-2004, 09:18 AM
I have a twin turbo system that I am wanting to have on the Mach by the WFC in May. The previous owner of the system had it on his Mach and dynoed at 877 rwhp and 797 twtrq at partial throttle before spinning on the rollers as soon as he hit WOT.

Sould I change to a return syle fuel system or just add the necessary components to my returnless system?

I will be running upwards of 28 psi at he track, and 6-8 psi on the street.

Finally it has to be reliable on the street. It gets driven from St. Louis, MO to Tulsa, OK every June, and will go on the Power Tour when Vac. time is available.

Please post your opinions!

Iceman
11-10-2004, 09:54 AM
WOW 28 psi, woldnt that take like a complete engine rebuild? you said he spun on he roler on the dyno. thats weird maybe they didnt have him strapped well enough, cause ive seen 1200hp cars on a dyno that dont spin. anyway sounds like a lot of work!

ITS BACK
11-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Yep i've got all of the internals, except for the main girdle, sitting in the garage as of yesterday. Seemed kind wierd to me that he had spun too, but he did have the stock tires on, not slicks. :OUCH:

GaPonyFarm
11-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Doesn't matter what tires he had on...he shouldn't have spun at those numbers... maybe you weren't getting the whole story.

So far as the fuel delivery, one will be recommend over the other from the turbo maker. Follow their advice.

1WiCKEDMach
11-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Have it dynoed on a dynapack, it bolts straight to the hubs.

ITS BACK
11-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by GaPonyFarm
Doesn't matter what tires he had on...he shouldn't have spun at those numbers... maybe you weren't getting the whole story.

So far as the fuel delivery, one will be recommend over the other from the turbo maker. Follow their advice.

The system is a custom setup that he had designed himself with the goal of being completely hidden from view, except for the intercooler. So there is no single manufacturer of a "kit" to ask.

Right now i am worried about the fuel getting to hot at the end of the rails and turning to vapor after hours of cruising down the interstate. Does anyone think it would get that hot with the turbos mounted in the fender?

I never said that he had to much power for the dyno, just that those were his numbers before spinning. I don't know how they had him strapped down, but I did see the charts, and he definately did spin.

The only reason I had posted the dyno numbers was to give people, who might actually know what I need to do, an idea of how much fuel I will need.

OrangeCrush
11-11-2004, 10:50 AM
ITS BACK -

If this guy had it built didnt they tell him what kind of fuel system he would need?

From what you say the thing is going to be at around 1000 hp, so call a place that sells a system close to what you have HP wise and ask them.

Also I assume you have a shop set up to tune it after the install, call them and try to get some input.

If they are of no help let me know, I have a few people to call, but it would be better to get a recomendation from someone who will be working on the car.

Jim

ITS BACK
11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by OrangeCrush
ITS BACK -

If this guy had it built didnt they tell him what kind of fuel system he would need?

From what you say the thing is going to be at around 1000 hp, so call a place that sells a system close to what you have HP wise and ask them.

Also I assume you have a shop set up to tune it after the install, call them and try to get some input.

If they are of no help let me know, I have a few people to call, but it would be better to get a recomendation from someone who will be working on the car.

Jim
Actually this has had come about extremely quickly. I've only had the turbos for about 3 weeks, and the bottom end came on Tues. Two days before i bought the turbos I had told myself that I was not going to get any more mods.

I have not been able to find a Mod motor builder in the area that I'm comfortable with yet.

I have talked to the seller about it he said that either way would be fine fine for shorter distances. Could not say on way or the other on the 7+ hr. drives.

The last thing I need is to be the one to have problems because I decided to go the easy route.

P Machy
11-13-2004, 02:17 AM
it kinda sounds like this kit

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7914&stc=1

P Machy
11-13-2004, 02:20 AM
guess not!

this is the kit that and it looks like it has every thing that u dont have.

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/images/96-04%20Twin%20Turbo%20Kit%20Components.jpg

http://www.stlmustangs.com/forums/uploads/post-16-1093823007.jpg

OrangeCrush
11-14-2004, 10:10 AM
that is a nice kit, I just dont like the idea of having to take the front bumper off to clean the air filter,lol

a friend of mine has a twin turbo NSX, his are in the rear fender and just like that one if you had any kind on fender bender it would be bad, way bad.

just my .02

ITS BACK
11-15-2004, 01:23 AM
Sorry for not posting sooner. out of town deer hunting.

That is basically how it's laid out. But the tubing from the fender to TB is fiberglass and runs through the stock airbox, gutted Mass Air, and rubber intake tube. With the hood up you can only see the top of the wastegates at the very bottom of the radiator. I had them anodized black so you will have to know they are there in order to see them. Also the intercooler is black so it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. :THUMBSUP:

SpeedingMach
11-22-2004, 01:09 PM
That is my old setup and yes I smoked my tires on the dyno......we believe the car was well over 1000hp and what happened was I was taking it easy on the dyno watching the air/fuel well after I decided it was fine I punched the gas hard the car kinda jumpede and lost traction......the dyno sheet only read the 877hp before it fell off due to the tire spin.....the fuel system I use is twin 85gph in tank pumps and 85lb injectors

yes it had the best internals you can buy same as its back and he will have the first mach with 1200 hp if I dont get my *** in gear with my new setup

Ralph Greene
11-22-2004, 01:21 PM
I imagine you will go return system, with aftermarket electronics.

ITS BACK
11-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Machspeed er SpeedingMach whichever, now that your wife had the baby you have no more excuses. :D

mustangmike2003
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
What company makes that tiwn turbo setup, do they have a website, and how many mm's are the turbos?

ITS BACK
11-23-2004, 04:56 PM
If you are asking about my setup, none. SpeedingMach had custom made this setup. At less that is what I've been told.

SpeedingMach
11-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ITS BACK
If you are asking about my setup, none. SpeedingMach had custom made this setup. At less that is what I've been told. I built his setup for my car and it uses 68's but he can look at HP's website or even call Nate and he will fill you in on what you will need

mustangmike2003
11-23-2004, 11:38 PM
thats f-ing crazy, how much did the whole set up cost?

SpeedingMach
11-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by mustangmike2003
thats f-ing crazy, how much did the whole set up cost? for his setup it was very expensive due to the ball bearing turbos and intercooler I guess somewhere around 8 grand for his set up.........my new setup will be somewhere around 20,000 invested with the complete drive

SpeedingMach
11-24-2004, 12:33 AM
that is a nice kit, I just dont like the idea of having to take the front bumper off to clean the air filter,lol

a friend of mine has a twin turbo NSX, his are in the rear fender and just like that one if you had any kind on fender bender it would be bad, way bad.

just my .02 it is really easy to change airfilters....remove 2 screws and reach in and remove the filters....takes less time then if he still has the factory setup.....as far as a wreck...... its just like anyother part on the car...insurance will cover it

OrangeCrush
11-24-2004, 09:19 PM
I want to know who your agent is, heck most of my friends cant even get aftermarket rims and tires covered unless you take it in and get them added to your policy, and I think if I went in and told my insurance agent that I added twin turbos he would be like , that is awsome, now who are you going to get insurance with? lol, because he would not cover me in it with any reasonable rate.lol

SpeedingMach
11-24-2004, 09:37 PM
I want to know who your agent is, heck most of my friends cant even get aftermarket rims and tires covered unless you take it in and get them added to your policy, and I think if I went in and told my insurance agent that I added twin turbos he would be like , that is awsome, now who are you going to get insurance with? lol, because he would not cover me in it with any reasonable rate.lol after installed will the car run with out them?.........now if it is you fault it might be a little harder