PDA

View Full Version : won 1st place at car show

mach1 61
10-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Hi all. I entered an all Ford car show at a large SVT Ford dealership here on Long Island , N.Y. There was some pretty stiff competition in my class. The results were as follows: 01 Bullet 3rd place, 2nd place went to an 04 DSG Mach1, and I won 1st place with my 04 Azure Blue Mach1. Azure Blue rules. Yeah!

GOTdaBLUE1
10-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Azure Blue rules.

I knew that. :CHEERS:

EZMachN
10-27-2004, 03:43 AM
:THUMBSUP:

2k4mach
10-27-2004, 01:08 PM
congrats man :)

RCodeGrl
10-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by mach1 61
Azure Blue rules. Yeah!
They recognized.... :worship:

grimreefer
10-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Noice! :CHEERS:

Mr Scary
10-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Congrats, bro. :THUMBSUP:

TJ4Cam
10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Way to go! AB does indeed RULE!!:CHEERS:

mach1 61
10-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Hi all, Thanks for all the support. I've been in many car shows, and it never ceases to amaze me what can be in the winners circle.Case in point, my dear friend who entered the same show , in the Cobra class finished in 3rd place.??? He had spent about 4 days cleaning and waxing and polishing his 04 Cobra. This orange {a rare car} was the cleanest car ,bar none, in his class. He loses to an 04 Mystic Cobra, that was not clean at all, and that I beat at a show earlier this season. Go figure??? comments please.

Blue Hawaii 04
10-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Blue is the bomb!!!!! Congrats.:CHEERS:

IZZY
10-29-2004, 03:50 AM
You would've lost to a comp orange Mach. :THUMBSUP:

Wldponi03
10-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Azure Blue wins alot, I am on my 8th trophy the best one was in the Outstanding Class, I finally beat out a 98 Cobra who seemed to win at every show around. Even he congratulated me on the awesome car I drive. Not bad for a little Granny, also I am in some of the local magazines in Michigan. Just love my car, and the looks it gets everywhere I go.

mach1 61
10-29-2004, 11:56 PM
hi, mach1granny, congrats on all your car show wins. I have only won three trophys this year with my mach1. Do they judge the interior, engine compartment, paint, underside, trunk and desplay/presentation{I mean a sign, original window sticker, models of car etc, ?] let me know how the winners are selected, thanks Edvo

Wldponi03
10-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Some shows are juried Judges and they are the really big car shows, I did the Michigan Grand Nationals and won in the Mustang roundup. Juried shows you better not even have a piece of lint on carpet, those shows are real hard. Some judges even climb under car and look, now those I try to stay away from, its a daily driver and I want to enjoy the car, not store it.
Other then that make sure you clean everything engine, interior, wheelwells, outside. I am very picky with my car I hate to even take it out in rain.
I like to do the local shows they are so much fun, you meet alot of nice people, and everyone loves the Mach, and they ask alot of questions about it.
Also I have alot of Billet pieces to dress it up. So all I can really tell you is make sure it is clean and shiny. I don't have anything displayed like models or anything I do however use a Peeing dog by the front tire and that gets everyone over to the car. Just a conversation starter. Anymore questions feel free to pm me or e-mail me, I am getting to be a pro at doing shows. LOL
Also ask the people in charge of shows questions on how they judge, they can answer questions and some will even tell you what you are missing when getting car ready for show.
Just enjoy your car, and watch the ooohs and awes, sometimes thats better than a Trophy.

mach1 61
10-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi mach1granny, I'm glad to see you are getting to be a pro at the car show circut. I use my car as a daily driver also but I use mine rain or shine. I also do the interior, wheelwells, etc. I have 3k miles on mine and it is not garaged, I still try hard to get it cleaned. I also like the positive comments I recieve regarging my mach1. Car shows are fun and you do meet a great bunch of car people. Edvo