PDA

View Full Version : 3.90's put in

cook2456
01-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Got them put in along with my K&N and 255 KDW's all around. The motor seems snappier and more willing to rev than what it already was. Bad thing is, we still cant get to figure how to calibrate the speedo. We have plugged it in to the computer with the cord that runs into the chip right underneath the drivers side just above the gas pedal, that program has control of everything and we even went in and set the car to believe it has 3.90 gears in it. It still reads as if it has its original 3.55's though. Im going back again tomorrow and we're going to play around with some other stuff, maybe try saving it to the chip again or something. I sure am glad I went to these gears though. I can stomp it in 2nd now and depending on the asphalt, get the tires to break loose pretty well. I would say it gets to 60 a couple tenths quicker also. They're fun though, 3rd gear is alot more responsive also. Well, gotta go. Take care.

Cook

KCSailor
01-16-2003, 11:19 PM
are those the 255/45's or the 255/40's and how do you like them compaired to the original tires?

89lxbill
01-17-2003, 09:07 AM
you can correct the speedo with a chip or a calibrator. Check your MM&FF magazines for various sources.

Tomcat427
01-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Glad you like your 3.90's, I love my 4.10's!:HOPPY:

When you get your speedo adjusted post some rpm's vs mph. I would like to see how they compare.

I invested in the Dallas Mustang Speed-Cal. I did not want to try and adjust it through the chip, or putting in different speedo gears.

:CHEERS:

SVTyballz
01-17-2003, 04:41 PM
A Speed-cal type box or computer chip is the only way to correct the speedo. No speedo gears anymore.

gary