PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions/Improvements/Comments/Ideas for next years Mach 1 Roundup

351c.i.d
10-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Ok guys/gals, lets get down to biz on this one.

While we had a great time this year in Vegas, we certainly hit some snags. We handed out feedback forms to everyone at registration and while we got some of them back, most didn't get back to us.
So now, this is the time to let us know what you think!!! We want to make next year's bigger and better then this year and we need help from EVERYONE!!!!!!
Don't be shy, go ahead and tell us what you thought, but please try to be constructive with it ok? If you think that the funky lil' tomatoes with the green beans stuffed in 'em at the welcome dinner sucked...tell me why and what we can do to fix them. Know what I mean?

Let's get the ideas flowing...everything from locations, dinners/breakfast/events/prizes/schedules, you name it. Who would you like to see/sponsorships/prices let's throw 'em all out there. If you think you can help, let us know. We can only do so much over the phone, and those that were in Vegas already really helped a bunch. If you have contacts, let us know! We're open to everything and anything, but remember, if we don't know it's broke, we can't fix it!

Let's get rollin'

revenbl
10-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I wanted to but couldn't make it.
It's a Nation (World) wide registry. Have it in a more central location.

Shaker Dan
10-07-2004, 01:27 PM
I could not make it because of commitments and location. So I can not tell you what I thought about what happened during the event.

First: a central location would be great. It would allow much more people to attend. Without sounding to greedy, Indy would not be a bad place. We have a great place to race, IRP (roadtrack and Drag). Plenty of restraunts, and the IMS. If you open the track events to all Mustangs they could pay for themselves there.

Second: Make sure that dinners are somewhere that is enjoyable and fun. I would venture to say that most Mach owners would prefer a good burger or steak to to some dressed up fish with bean pods on the side.

The fact that you got track time was awesome. keep that in for sure. Road coarse would be great also. And of course a show and shine competition.

I am looking forward to next year and hope I can attend.

351c.i.d
10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys, please keep the suggestions flowing. We're getting some great ideas from both the registry and the .org.
:THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP:

IMachU
10-07-2004, 03:37 PM
So Shaker Dan, who lives in Indiana, wants it in Indy. Texas folks want it closer to them. Well, I live in So Cal. Can we have it at the Staples Center? Close to California Speedway, on-location sets for movies/Overhaulin', we can even go body surfing during our breaks in between Starbuck's tours.

OK, sarcasm aside, I agree a more central location is good. Vegas was central to most who attended, except the folks who drove from CANADA! That is dedication! But the location, even tho I could not attend due to work, was awesome. Speedway, Shelby factory, lots of car-related stuff to do. Now, what other location with that kind of great weather, is there with all those gearhead amenities? Great Job, Tach and Steve!! If there is another location like that out there, I'm all for it. It is not fair for folks to drive 2000 miles each year for the convention. This year, Vegas. Next year, Daytona? I'd go to Daytona if the schedule allows!

ajs_mach
10-07-2004, 03:52 PM
I think a more central location would be great. I don't mind drive 10-12 hours for a good conventions, but 30hrs to Vegas? I would love to come to an event like this, but the distance is hardly feasable. I'm sure it was central to those that attended, because not many people want to drive from the east coast, etc.! I can't say flying in would be that fun, because whats the fun of being surrounding by other Mach's, while yours is sitting in the garage at home? I'm not saying it has to be in Cincinnati(as that would be inconvient for most), but somewhere within a day's drive (10-12hrs) would be nice. Perhaps a poll to see where most Mach 1 owner are located, and base the location as such?

04VAMach1
10-07-2004, 04:00 PM
We could also get together as small groups and pay to have our Machs transported to the convention. I wouldn't mind flying to Vegas, but our convention is geared around our cars. We would need people to commit early to do this at an affordable price though.

351c.i.d
10-07-2004, 04:07 PM
04vamach yes me and Tach9 are thinking of this ourselves. He thinks he can get a group rate going for those that would want to have their machs put on a carrier.
Good idea!

Tony Alonso
10-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Steve,

It might be good to coordinate the planning of a Convention as a "national" event with Dave Wagner. This year, the ordained (by Dave) "national" event was the at MCA 40th anniversary celebration.

More planning resources and increased participation would be the possible results of doing this. Also, we have access to support from the Fun Ford Weekend organization through one of the Registry members, mb4875.

Great job on trying to pull off an enormous logistical challenge!

351c.i.d
10-07-2004, 04:49 PM
It's funny that you should ask that but Dave didn't appear to be interested in helping our cause this year. I've asked for stickies on Convention threads and whatnot and Dave never answered.

351c.i.d
10-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Otherwise Tony that is a great idea and we will most definitely ask for more assistance this year and the idea of getting FFW into it sounds awesome!!!!
I'll be in touch with more info as it comes along.

Shaker Dan
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
IMachU, I was cracking up at your post. I tried not to be too greedy but hey, you always gotta take your shot.

I agree a days trip would not be too bad and would be better than the long trip.

Tony Alonso
10-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by 351c.i.d
It's funny that you should ask that but Dave didn't appear to be interested in helping our cause this year. I've asked for stickies on Convention threads and whatnot and Dave never answered.

Dave's a busy dude!