PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the newly mounted trunk battery.

03AV8R
09-19-2004, 10:50 PM
OK here is the first pic.. The "push off" bar isnt attached yet.. Ive gots to drill thru the taillight & i wanna make sure i do it right.. :CHEERS:

03AV8R
09-19-2004, 10:52 PM
It is indeed a kit from Summit.. They have several.. its a 1 guage cable setup.. :CHEERS:

jbrad88
09-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Nice job. Looks good and clean. Nothing like a 40lb weight going to the right rear.

I am really looking forward to you getting into the 11.50's on motor...

G-townMACH
09-19-2004, 11:30 PM
looks shweet man!!:THUMBSUP: but most importantly, does it raise the skinnies more???:devil:

blueautomach
09-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Looks great man! :THUMBSUP:

03AV8R
09-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by John and Renae
Nice job. Looks good and clean. Nothing like a 40lb weight going to the right rear.

I am really looking forward to you getting into the 11.50's on motor...

Thanks, that would be awesome, im just looking for 11.70's really!

Removing my lightweight bat from the front & replacing it with a heavy 1 in the rear has thrown the car outta balance at the moment, i just wasnt used to it.. Launches funny actually, till i get it dialed back in again.. Didnt have time really.. adjustment on anti-rollbar was way off.. new clutch tomorrow! :THUMBSUP:

03AV8R
09-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by G-townMACH
looks shweet man!!:THUMBSUP: but most importantly, does it raise the skinnies more???:devil:

i hope it will !! Car Needs to be setup again, it has thrown off the "balance".. :CHEERS:

Phil
09-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Nice set up!!!

P Machy
09-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 03AV8R

Removing my lightweight bat from the front & replacing it with a heavy 1 in the rear has thrown the car outta balance at the moment, i just wasnt used to it.. Launches funny actually, till i get it dialed back in again.. Didnt have time really.. adjustment on anti-rollbar was way off.. new clutch tomorrow! :THUMBSUP:

you aint kidding. i just replaced my stock with an optima bat mounted in the trunk. it took me 3 runs to get used to the side way feeling when i got into 2nd gear.....its wearing out the passenger tire faster then the driver side now.

it should help you net a good result with it :CHEERS:

DanK
09-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Install looks good. Just make sure you keep us posted on the new times. Especially when the air starts to cool at night.:THUMBSUP:

neversatisfied
03-28-2005, 07:25 PM

You guys must be incredible drivers to notice a difference of locating your battery to the back.

03AV8R
03-28-2005, 08:21 PM
You guys must be incredible drivers to notice a difference of locating your battery to the back.

Are you kidding?? Try launching at the track with nottin in the trunk & than put 50 pounds right over the rear right tire & launch again.. I thought i was going to take out the tree on my first launch! :smokin:

neversatisfied
03-28-2005, 08:49 PM
That sucks, I didn't know it would be that big of a difference. Did you get better track times with mounting it in the trunk?

04DSG Mach
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM

How much more does your heavyweight battery weigh?

MattN03
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM

Heck, I want to know what his Mach weighs without driver :smokin:

03AV8R
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM

I had a small lightweight "Dyna-Bat" battery in the front for most of my racing time (about a year).. When i went to rear trunk-mounted battery (end of last season) i used a large 1000 CCA battery that i had for "jump starting" other toys i own.. I only used that temporary cause it was just sitting there looking like it needed a good home & i needed a fullsize battery to get everything lined up & wired up properly.. A couple months ago i switched it out with 1 of those fancy dancy Optima things for $169?? Its a fullsize battery but only weighs like 24 Lbs Vs. the 45 pounder i had in there! So it should be a little better than before (if & when my track ever decides to re-open).. Basically i went from a 13 pound battery up front to a 50 pound battery (& box) etc. overnite..

My Mach1 hasnt been weighed for quite awhile but id be willing to bet its lighter than any other.. Id estimate 2875 without driver?? Thats might be way wrong though.. Ill letcha know when i tech in next time.. :smokin:

loathe
03-30-2005, 12:54 AM
where did you run your wires? did you run it underneath all the interior carpet or run it under the car?

03AV8R
03-30-2005, 11:11 AM
where did you run your wires? did you run it underneath all the interior carpet or run it under the car?

Actually there is no carpet in the back but i did run it inside the car.. Still dont know if thats even legal everywhere?? I ran it under the door kickplate, under the side plastic piece & thru the firewall.. Its not under any carpet really.. :)

BONESTOCK
04-05-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey Rodney,

Can you tell me which kit you got. I'm interested in buying one.

Thanks,
Mike