PDA

View Full Version : Questions on waterwetter

Ricksterman
09-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey all, when I bought some stuff from Steeda I picked up a bottle of the waterwetter (only $10), since I noticed a number of you here use it. So my question is does it work as well as the manufacturer claims? And would it make more sense to flush the system first and reduce the antifreeze/water ratio (more water) to maximize the effect? I do live in the desert (not AZ or NV thank god), so summer temps get to a 100F, but winters are very mild (average winter day 45F).

Again thanks in advance, I love you guys.....

GUMBALL
09-20-2004, 12:42 AM
In most racing series, anti-freeze (glycol-water mix) is not allowed - if spilled on the track, it is slippery and must be cleaned up like oil.
That is where Water Wetter, Purple Ice, and a few other additives come into play. They are designed to work with water as an anti-corrosive and water pump lube. They also allow better metal-to-liquid heat transfer.
If the coolant is a few years old, or discolored, then empty and flush.
These additives will work with most glycol based anti-freeze solutions - or, if one lives where freezing is not a factor (like AZ.) then just water and WaterWetter will work just fine.
Follow directions regarding quantities.

Mach1Madman
09-20-2004, 10:41 AM
It helps with "warm up". It warms up faster and helps with heat transfer in the cyl. head.:cool: Overall it lowers temps about 5 or 10 degrees or so w/ stock glycol mix. I've used it in ALL of my vehicles, and YES it does work.:THUMBSUP: Used in combination w/ a low temp thermostat it can help keep detonation under control if U use a Performance Tune (Predator for example).:CHEERS:

Ricksterman
09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks! Needed a quantitative assessment.