PDA

View Full Version : Cat back Exhaust. Which Brand

jrscobra
01-10-2003, 10:12 PM
We have been trying to decide what exhaust to put on the Mach for a few days now and can't come to a decision. I think the Magnaflow system looks really good and sounds great. Has anyone got an idea on whether the GT system will work on the Mach? I know theyre alot alike, but with the factory subframe connectors, I wasn't sure. I think they will fit.

I want to do the complete cat back exhaust. The flowmasters just dont seem to sound like I want them to on the Mod motored cars. My Lightning has aftermarket mufflers made by Twister, as does my Cobra, but I'm thinking of something different for the Mach.

Anyone?

jr

Tomcat427
01-10-2003, 10:37 PM
I am having a MAC catback system installed on Tuesday.

Darkhorse
01-11-2003, 02:14 AM
I like Bassani and Magnaflow. They're both high quality and Bassani is expensive but very good. There are a lot of good brands out there. Go over to mustangexhaust.com and listen to different sound clips from different brands and setups. In the end go with what you like the sound of. If you're going to change your h-pipe, remember with an x-pipe you'll get a more exotic, raspy sound and the h-pipe will give you a more classic musclecar rumble.

Slicksaleen
01-12-2003, 02:51 AM
I went with the Bassani cat-back. IMO sounds GREAT! If you choose this one call Dugan Racing they have it for $569, compared to $640 from others. I chose this one because I only want to put one system on...(ALL stainless, not just mufflers) Fit is perfect, took 30 min. Whatever system you choose, remember you will need to cut off the stock system, it's welded together.

Cobrajetguy
01-12-2003, 03:23 AM
one word:

BORLA!

Darkhorse
01-12-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Cobrajetguy
one word:

BORLA!

Another good one, definitely. They've got a great sound and really last.