PDA

View Full Version : Accel Kool Blue Filter

sutyak
12-31-2002, 06:41 AM
Aside from the fact I don't have my car yet, I went ahead and bought an aftermarket air filter from SummitRacing.com
I went with the Accel Kool Blue filter. It's pretty much a blue K&N, but filters smaller particles. I can use the same filter oil as K&N also. For you out there who spend $50 each for a K&N every time you change your filter, you may want to look into this. It's on a special right now at Summit. I paid $21.50 and free shipping. I'm surprised I got it yesterday, because it was on major backorder and wasn't supposed to get here till mid January.
I'll attach a couple photos. Let me know if you want more.
the part # is ACC-KR1160 from Summit, and the part # on the sticker on the filter says MKR1160.
What a nice blue! A shame I'll never see it :D

FLYN_MACH1
12-31-2002, 04:44 PM
I thought that this was the one that didn't require the use of the "oil" system like K&N...

Isn't there one out there that is comparable to the K&N but is a "dry" type of filter?

BTW that is a great price on the ACCEL though.

Mustang Matt
12-31-2002, 05:57 PM
yeah, I thought the same thing, should be an oil-less filter

sutyak
01-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Says it right on the side of the box. Here's a photo. Requires care just like a K&N.

mark

RossG
01-02-2003, 12:01 PM
How did you get it so cheap? I went to Summit last night and it was $42.95.

Hook a fellow Macher up.

sutyak
01-02-2003, 12:07 PM
I bought it a couple weeks ago when I bought some Dynomax Super Turbos for my Ramcharger. Then, they were on sale, and running a special promo offer on a bunch of the Accel filters because they're so new. I jumped on it seeing as the K&N is $51 at Advance.
Really sucks if the promo is over. Maybe we can talk them into a discount as a group purchase or something? Maybe if Dave would advertise for the Kool Blue on the mach 1 registry site they Accel could provide all members with a nice fat discount?
Companies can be quick to provide discounts when you offer to advertise for them. I've advertised for a few companies on my website before.
What do you say Dave?
If Dave doesn't like the idea, I'll soon be making a site for my Mach 1 once I get it, and I'll see what strings I can pull once it's up.:THUMBSUP:

mark

toast
01-02-2003, 07:48 PM
I can say that this is a very nice filter and infact i pefer this filter over the K&N. I have it installed on my camaro and it seemed to give it alittle more power on the top end plus it filters out the drit pretty good. Mantance is fairly easy and is the same just like a K&N, but DO NOT use K&N oil to reoil this filter. I almost made this mistake and lucky for me summit had the recharge kit in stock for the Accel. Not only do you have a chance of runing the filter but it voids the filter's warrenty in the process. The kool blue is a very good air fliter for the money.:THUMBSUP:

02mach1
01-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Got mine today from auto zone I had order about week.

RossG
01-05-2003, 12:36 PM
jegs has them for $32.95

azurething
01-05-2003, 09:28 PM
just ordered one from JEGS 32.99, but they are backordered 2-4 weeks.

azurething
03-08-2003, 09:53 PM
:) very easy to install filter thanks to the tips from this site.keep the info coming!:THUMBSUP:

killer55
03-09-2003, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sporadic
[B]For you out there who spend $50 each for a K&N every time you change your filter, you may want to look into this.

Hey Sporadic,

I believe that the premise behind the use of these filters is not only to get better air flow. But also not to have to change the filter every time it is needed. Just Clean & Reoil it.

I think that K & N says that it is a MILLION MILE FILTER. I would be suprised if you ever have to buy a new one because I don't think if you get your MACH 1 it will make a MILLION MILES !!!!

Concep"R"
03-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Can someone give me the K&N part# for the Mach?

Thanks

funk
03-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Concep"R"
Can someone give me the K&N part# for the Mach?

Thanks

I dont know the #, but it's the same as the GT's

killer55
03-10-2003, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Concep"R"
[B]Can someone give me the K&N part# for the Mach?

The K & N number for the Mach 1 is E-0945
It is the same one the the 03 Cobra's use.

Concep"R"
03-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks.

I also checked on the Accel, it's $43 from Jegs, almost as much as the K&N.