PDA

View Full Version : spelling/grammar

sutyak
12-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Is it possible to add a spelling/grammar check to the forums? I'm not trying to play English teacher, but c'mon people. :rolleyes:
At least get *close* to a readable sentence!
No offense to those who are new to this English language thing. :THUMBSUP:

mark

socalmach1
12-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Leave Frank alone please:SMASH:

sutyak
12-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Haha. Sorry there socalmach1, I'm not trying to single anyone out. There have been quite a few posts that are downright unreadable.
There is a difference between bad grammar, those learning English as a second language, and those who simply don't want to use punctuation , capitalization, and leave out words.

I for one am not the greatest speller, and would appreciate an on-the-fly spellcheck, instead of typing a word in MS Word first and letting it spellcheck for me! ;)

mark

70MachCJ
12-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Do you actually think Frank would even use it? :rolleyes:

03mach1
12-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Yes, I have looked into that and...

Unfortunately, it is an EXTERNAL option for the forums. It is NOT built into it. It can run anywhere from $150/yr and up to link it to an online checker.

I don't it would be money worth spending for the forums. Just everyone double check your messages before posting,

IF you have long messages, just do them in MSWORD and run the checker on them and they cut/paste into your post.....

falcongtho3
12-30-2002, 07:45 PM
Sporadic, I had to get past it myself. Jusy don't read anything by 02Mach1 and you'll be fine. :D