PDA

View Full Version : Hey terre4.6

BoulderMach
08-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Just saw your inquiry about autocrossing here in Colorado. If you see this respond, and I can PM you some more info.

I'm running in the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America if your not familiar) Solo2 (autocrossing) events. They are huge by a lot of standards (179 drivers last weekend), but a lot of fun. However, you do NOT have to be an SCCA member to run. You can just show up, and register though you'll pay $35 in the Springs or $45 for Denver events (because they've had 300+ drivers) instead of the $25 members pay.

There's an event Sunday, August 22nd in the parking lot at World Arena in Colorado Springs. I can email/pm you details. I'm still waiting for info, but the local BMW club is also having an event on Saturday the 21st in the same place. I've just recently learned they welcome other makes (they need the money to cover their cost) so I may do both. Their event should be much smaller with maybe 6-7 runs instead of 4 (or 3 in Denver) runs in SCCA. Either way you'll be expected to do perform some work assignment. Everybody's got to chip in to get things to run.

:COOL:
And to make it a complete weekend of having fun with my Mach I'm also taking next Friday the 20th off and going down to Bandimere for the test-and-tune day which starts at 8:30am while temps should still be decent. MachMonster might also decide to come down to Bandimere that day though of course I can't speak for him.

Edit: It occurs to me I'm not sure about non-members having to work. Since your paying $10 more you may not have to. Personally, I've found working the corners kinda fun though.

BoulderMach
08-13-2004, 01:31 PM
bump bttt