PDA

View Full Version : Problem with valve stem caps..I think? plz help

LongviewMach1
12-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Ok I got my valve stem caps in today I tried to put one on are they made to cover the entire stem or not because mine leave about 5-7 threads showing on the tire...plz advise if THere is a trick to these or if thats what they lookup if someone has a pic with these on tires that would help a lot thanks.

TRMach1
12-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by LongviewMach1
Ok I got my valve stem caps in today I tried to put one on are they made to cover the entire stem or not because mine leave about 5-7 threads showing on the tire...plz advise if THere is a trick to these or if thats what they lookup if someone has a pic with these on tires that would help a lot thanks.
I put mine on today too, and it looks like they don't cover all the threads! Not a real big deal, since I don't think anybody looks that close at valve stems. The added protection they give are worth the slightly tacky looks of the threads showing, but I think I'll get another set of billet caps for looking cool at shows and stuff.

04Retro
12-26-2002, 09:01 PM
A couple of threads showing--how about almost 1/4 inch--looks like some kid wearing pants a little too short (floods)--no way--keep these on your car and you'll look silly. Dropping mine back in the mail tomorrow--as I paid via Paypal probably doubtful if I will ever see a credit on my MC account. I can afford to lose the $15 or whatever these costs-others might not be able to and should order with caution.

Great effort-maybe Ford or their supplier has changed the length of the thread portion on the valve stems but as my Uncle Joe would say-"These dogs don't hunt".

I know Dave W goesn't always get a chance to read all posts so I'm reporitng this thread to him as he/we are advertising this product on the web site and this is just wrong.:!!: :!!: :!!:

LongviewMach1
12-26-2002, 09:53 PM
I dont wanna be rude about it but I think They need to fix this problem by making valve caps that'll cover all of the threads. I'm not blaming the board for sponsoring but plz if the mods haven't any pull plz contact someone about making some that will fit over all the threads..this is a nice idea but a really bad product as of now...thanks

04Retro
12-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Longview--after my post above-I sent off a report to Dave W. and then I read annother Thread--see above for the main thread announcing these caps-go to the last couple of posts--there are photos of the thread 'issue' and Dave is apparently in contact with the provider.

LongviewMach1
12-26-2002, 10:07 PM
thanks bud let me know by pm if you get contacted

93-Bolt
12-26-2002, 10:09 PM
A few more choices in Caps ...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mustangweekly/accessorize---valve-stem-caps.html

04Retro
12-26-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks 93-Bolt--I've referred a few white Mach owners to another site that also carried those (93-Bolt's site is CHEAPER). I draw the attention of white Mach owners to these caps, you will not find a more APPROPRIATE, COOL, AND CAR SPECIFIC valve cap for a white Mustang/Mach 1--the top of the cap has a white background with the tri-color bar/running pony in the center. The cap has chrome sides and covered all the threads on my white 99--looked super--I've just ordered another set for my white Mach. Note-there are several versions on the site listed by 93-Bolt--one version is done in blue with the Ford logo--might work on the blue Mach's. :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP:

Edit: just a note re: the caps on 93-Bolt's site above--there are two different types of caps with white backgrounds shown. My experience is with the caps at the bottom of the page-hex sides-alone or with the key fob-wrench. These appear deeper then the round versions at the top of the page and are the ones I previously owned and found to cover all the threads.

POLSMACH03
12-26-2002, 10:48 PM
I have the plastic plated hex style and I think they look dynamite.

Vegas Mach1
12-27-2002, 01:57 AM
How about a close up shot of the caps.
I'll send mine back as soon as they get here, if they're that bad........ Thanx

04Retro
12-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Vegas Mach 1--go to the top thread in this section--it is titled: Sticky: Anti Theft Valve Caps. go to the last page of so and you will see an u[p close photo of the 'thread' issue--in semi-fairness to the manufacturer--I've looked at my Ranger PU and PT Cruiser--both have 'long' thread areas--the number of threads seems to have grown over the years-

03elanor
12-29-2002, 03:11 PM
I don't know why I didn't see this thread sooner. I too got the valve caps form this site and they do leave about a 1/8-1/4 inch of threads showing. Kinda dissappointed by that. Has anyone gotten the blue ones recommended by '03RCODE' or has Dave said anything about getting longer ones?

03mach1
12-29-2002, 05:05 PM
Well Guys, it must be Ford uses a longer threaded stem then others., I tested them on my wife's '99 GT and a few others and it covered all or less than 1/8" of the brass stem, I just took a permanent black marker or a bit of black model paint to cover it up.

I am working with KLM the manufacturer to see if we can get them a bit longer threaded or longer outer cap for our 'Stangs.

FordFanForever
12-29-2002, 07:32 PM
If all they steal is my valve caps im ok with that. As long as they dont key my car or somethin.

9mmBullitt
01-15-2003, 12:24 PM
I contacted KLM about the short Valve Caps and here is their reply:

It has been brought to my attention that the newer model cars seem to be using a longer valve stem, this has taken place since tooling up for the product. I am therefore, retooling for a deeper threaded cavity and plan on their production by the end of January. If you would like your caps replaced with these new caps, send your set to the address on your invoice, please allow for the time required to manufacture the replacements. You should receive them by mid February.

If you choose to receive a refund, send the set of caps to the same address with a request for a refund, once they are received in their original condition, you will receive a credit on your account.

I apologize for this inconvenience, and hope I was helpful in answering your questions.

Kris Maddalena
KLM Innovations
sales@spin-caps.com

04Retro
01-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Very cool reply--smart businessman in this for the longhaul--glad to see the response.:CHEERS:

03mach1
01-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Yes, KLM is working on a solution, as soon as the NEW prototypes are sent to me for evaluation and testing, I will post pics of the new ones.!!! :)

newmach1
01-15-2003, 06:01 PM
I just put my order in on Sunday! What will happen. Will they ship the 'old' valve stems, wait, or not place the order?
Help!:??:

03mach1
02-01-2003, 07:58 AM
Spin Caps II,

Due to FORD changing the stems on the cars from 2000 and up, SpinCaps has re-designed them to fit much better and cover all the threads!!

RETURNS:
If you have any problems or wish to get a new set, please return the ones you have (In GOOD Re-salable condition) to the address on your invoice and Kris will be more than happy to replace them!

NEW ORDERS:
If you wish to order them, please go to the products section.
http://www.mach1registry.com/products

Here is a pic of the new one on my Mach, Notice the new Fit! It actually touches the bottom of the stem and covers all the threads. :)

69mach03
02-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Awesome. Dave, will you please confirm that if you go to the following link: www.mach1registry.com/caps/index.htm (http://www.mach1registry.com/caps/index.htm) and order- you will receive a set of the Spin Caps II?

03mach1
02-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Yes, they will be the newer, deeper style caps!! Kris at KLM knows what to send anyone that orders from this site.

:)