PDA

View Full Version : It's just not right.

jsingletary
07-31-2004, 07:46 PM
So I am on my way home on I95 yesterday. I see a red saleen GT on my tail. I get ready to drop to 3d gear to smoke this guy 6 inches off my bumper, and suddenly remember there has been a FHP in a red steeda mustang on the interstate nailing people. I get over to the center lane and let him go by. As he passes I see the FHP tag and the stealth police lights on the bumper. I can only imagine what he was thinking when he saw my tag (FST MACH) 1/2 mile later he had a 350Z pulled over for speeding. So, fellows beware! You never know who's on your tail. Jeff.

jsingletary
07-31-2004, 07:48 PM
In the first mention of the state trooper I call it a saleen and then later a steeda. To be clear it's a steeda. Jeff.

H-TownMachI
07-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Just one of the reasons I only race at the track. Just not worth it on the street or highway. Good decision.:THUMBSUP:

DanK
07-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Shooweee, close call. I hope my memory is that good when I need it.

Vic229
07-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Yep its a red Steeda Level 1 Mustang. Seized through forfeiture proceedings after the guy was arrested for excessive use of speed and some other charges. The FHP call it there aggressive driving deterrent tool.

BONESTOCK
07-31-2004, 09:08 PM
****!! Close call!

cobbmach1
08-01-2004, 12:10 AM
very interesting..they grab you for speeding but its ok to tailgate an innocent driver?? should have tapped the brakes:worship:

loathe
08-01-2004, 01:18 AM
i won't race unless the driver revs at me, but I have to meet the person in the flesh before I setup street races.

Vacprime
08-01-2004, 02:41 AM
Close call Jeff and thanks for the heads up. I'm moving to FL this week and I'll have to keep a sharp eye out.

I agree and right behind you H-town, I've had my fun on the highways...now I only push it on the tracks...ain't worth the trouble.

Good deal!

-Vac

408coupe
08-01-2004, 03:03 AM
sounds like entrapment to me, he rides your bumper to either piss you off and you stomp the gas or speed up to get him off your rear and then tickets you. That is crap!

Sapperstang
08-01-2004, 08:23 AM
I don't think I would pull over for him. If it really does not look like a police car then he can follow me until I get somewhere safe around other people.

Cobranut
08-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Shoul'da stopped real quick for the rabbit that hopped up on the road.
Whether it's a cop or not doesn't give him the right to tailgate anyone, and you can sue the s**t out of the state for the negligence of their cop. :SMASH:

badjoey
08-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Cobranut
Shoul'da stopped real quick for the rabbit that hopped up on the road.
Whether it's a cop or not doesn't give him the right to tailgate anyone, and you can sue the s**t out of the state for the negligence of their cop. :SMASH:

and have that cop sharpening pencils instead of being an azz

yeehawjester
08-07-2004, 11:54 AM
So do you think he'd get a little feisty if you asked him if he wanted to race if he had you pulled over?:ANGEL:

ZincDude
08-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Man thanks for the heads up. I would have never expected that.

Mach1Madman
08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Just like all the other cops out there they think because it goes fast (mph) that they can drive. Cops can't drive. Just like Corvette owners.:LAUGH:

quark
08-07-2004, 09:08 PM
i think thats bogus instead of looking for crimes they try to make crimes happen.....

years ago i was on hempstead turnpike ny cruising ..i came to al ight a camaro pulled up beside me starting reving ..i put my clutch in starting reving when the light turned green i poped that clutch hard i looked to my left no one there i thought i was kicking *** till the camaro was behind me with the police light on dash flashing..gave me a reckless driving ticket :(

southbeachmach1
09-13-2004, 05:03 PM
That's definitley entrapment or something, one way or another its illegal. If we see him down here we should definitley try to get him on video or something and get him off the road. Maybe call 911 if he pulls crap like that, get his badge license plate # or something.

Where are you seeing this guy approximately on I-95?

jsingletary
09-13-2004, 08:39 PM
I've seen him in Palm Beach and Broward counties with a FHP plate on the back.

Iceman
09-13-2004, 11:46 PM
hey jsingletary i see you got some work done at SRC. ijust got a sct custom chip done there. i go to fau right around the corner. real nice guys there. what kind of gains did you get out of yor chip? ionly got 10 rwhp at peak but could have more at mid range havent really looked that hard at the print outs. what else is there to mess with other than timing, a/f, with the chip. i dont really feel i got my moneys worth

southbeachmach1
09-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I got my SCT chip done there also. I only gained 5 hp and tq peak. Timing and A/F is really the only things you can mess with, and you don't want to mess with them too much. As you modify your vehicle the chip will give you the flexibility to further tune your car so you have perfect A/F ratios and timing.

Now, one thing to keep in mind its not all about peak HP/TQ. Look at your before and after pulls on the graph and you should see higher gains on other parts of the graph. There are parts of my graph where I'm making 15-20 hp/TQ more than I used too, you just don't see a huge peak gain from doing a chip on a relativley stock motor, but you'll find that your torque is not dumping off quite as quickly after the peak as before. Your making more power at different RPM ranges than before. From what I understand this is mostly from the timing modifications. I don't know if he showed you the map tables on the computer, but I have seen them and the stock program for most vehicles retards the timing after the torque peaks and from what I understand this is something the manufacturer does for emmissions and stuff. Its my understanding, that the chip gets rid of the timing retard and allows you to make a little more power at higher rpm's. Some cars will get higher gains from adjusting the A/F ratio depending on how bad the original tune was to start with the from the factory.

NITROSTANG
09-14-2004, 12:12 PM
The Steeda FHP car is not an FHP car. It is a Palm beach County Sherrif Car. It is stationed at Boynton beach. It is kind of scary to see. Broward County Sheriff has an unmarked Cobra and 2 Marauders.

I am not 100 % sure but I believe it is Not considerewd Entrapment. If some one comes up on you and taunts you it is still up to you to go with them. Where the issue comes in is if they are breaking the law themselves to get you to race. Like speeding themselves.

jsingletary
09-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Maybe I was mistaken. I was pretty sure I saw a FHP tag on the back. The point is they are out in force. Save your racing for the drag strip or get a ticket or worse get your car taken away.

jsingletary
09-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Iceman
hey jsingletary i see you got some work done at SRC. ijust got a sct custom chip done there. i go to fau right around the corner. real nice guys there. what kind of gains did you get out of yor chip? ionly got 10 rwhp at peak but could have more at mid range havent really looked that hard at the print outs. what else is there to mess with other than timing, a/f, with the chip. i dont really feel i got my moneys worth

Southbeachmach1 pretty much summed it up. The best thing is the ability to custom tune your chip for later upgrades with out having to go to a stand alone computer. I saw SRC tune a 600 RWHP mark 8 that drove like stock and still got 23 MPG with the A/C on the highway. so, I'd say the money is well spent for being able to tune the factory ECU with high horsepower apps.

masonvx
09-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the steed or the cobras or marauders.

I for one live in tallahassee and TPD has there Mach1 Black with
S.P.E.E.D on the side They have 2 of them. I am currrently in the process of applying with them. I was volunteringfor them and i talked with the 2 traffic officers that dirve them and they say they are out looking for any kind of street racing.

southbeachmach1
09-17-2004, 06:53 PM
they say they are out looking for any kind of street racing

Not with that dorky logo they aren't!!

At least they are not trying to be sneaky about it.

FL 03 Mach 1
09-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by cobbmach1
very interesting..they grab you for speeding but its ok to tailgate an innocent driver?? should have tapped the brakes:worship:

:worship: Now that is some funny Sh*t.

Mach1Penguin
09-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by southbeachmach1
Not with that dorky logo they aren't!!

:LAUGH: :p :CHEERS:

Warp Speed
09-18-2004, 05:49 AM
I know this topic gets beat up on a regular basis, but.
It amazes me the amount of time and money law enforcement departments use to try and catch people speeding. If you go out west the police use helicopters and airplance. Is speeding really that bad. You can go to jail for speeding, and receive a criminal convection. I know that speed kills, and there will be all these death and detruction stories that were caused from speed, but guess what. They are still happening. Even with the police protecting us from ourselves and our evil right foot. I know officers dont like to hear this stuff but it is true. Speeding tickets pay their salary.
I am not against police, I am against Gorrilla Warfare Revenue Generators. Oh wait, its in the interest of our safety.

Mikestang
09-18-2004, 09:37 AM
I dont think the cops should be tailgating

When I get tail gated I slow down if this means doing 20 mph on a highway well it does

Lets face is some not all cops are jerks that dont respect the laws they are paid to enforce

03AV8R
09-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 408coupe
sounds like entrapment to me, he rides your bumper to either piss you off and you stomp the gas or speed up to get him off your rear and then tickets you. That is crap!

Thats ki.da what i was thinkin!

It is on the cover of the latest Modular power Magazine.. Big write up inside.. Its just a GT with a K&N & some steeda gizmos.. maybe 270 HP but i doubt it.. Shoulda confiscated my Mach1 & maybe we'd be impressed.. :COOL:

stampde
09-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I had a cop pull up on me late at night in my development,right on my bumper but it was late and I had no idea it was a cop,so I sped up to get him off my ***, it was a 25mph zone I guess I got up to 40mph,then turned on my street and his overheads went on ,I was 100 ft from my driveway so pulled into it.he wrote me for careless,speeding and eluding wich is a criminal offense in N.J. I had to pay $3,000 for a lawyer,the prosacuter offered me 5 years in state prison if you can believe that. for what??? driving 40mph and pulling into my driveway??? needless to say we got the in car camara tape from the police car wich showed I did nothing and they finally threw the case out. with much expense to me.just goes to show you the criminal justice system sucks and cops are as%%%^holes!!!! my lawyer doesnt want to sue,he says we cant,I dont understand that part??? but he did get me off. so what can I do??

Mach1Madman
09-18-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm sure loud exhaust and an expired inspection are dangerous too.:concerned "Loud" is a matter of personal opinion. I'm deaf in one ear and it could seem different to me. A pronounced sound or tone is different than loud.;) My buddy got a ticket for loud exhaust on his brand new bone stock Dodge Pickup.:mad: What a joke.

Mustang5L5
09-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by 408coupe

That is entrapment.

The need to question how they use this Mustang. A lot of people like to start races with Mustangs. So if they drive around in this GT and instigate people, it could very well be called entrapment. It's a gray area.

Now where ilive, they use a blue 99+ GT as undercover traffic enforcement targeting aggressive drivers. They just sit back and drive and wait for someone to start weaving or cutting people off on the highway, most times they radio to another cruiser up ahead or sometimes the GT will pull it over itseld. But i have driven past this GT and he doesn't really instigates anything, he just waits for you to do something blatent

southbeachmach1
09-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by stampde
I had a cop pull up on me late at night in my development,right on my bumper but it was late and I had no idea it was a cop,so I sped up to get him off my ***, it was a 25mph zone I guess I got up to 40mph,then turned on my street and his overheads went on ,I was 100 ft from my driveway so pulled into it.he wrote me for careless,speeding and eluding wich is a criminal offense in N.J. I had to pay $3,000 for a lawyer,the prosacuter offered me 5 years in state prison if you can believe that. for what??? driving 40mph and pulling into my driveway??? needless to say we got the in car camara tape from the police car wich showed I did nothing and they finally threw the case out. with much expense to me.just goes to show you the criminal justice system sucks and cops are as%%%^holes!!!! my lawyer doesnt want to sue,he says we cant,I dont understand that part??? but he did get me off. so what can I do??

Wow that's just plain BS!! I wonder if there's anyway to recover the legal fees? At least you got off. And what's this crap about the prosecutor offered 5 years in prison??? For what? You know, there are some places in this country that really need to get their head out of the sand. People are getting murdered, robbed, raped and they are worried about some dude in a mustang pulling into his driveway after being tailgated by some crooked cop.

There are a lot of good cops out there, but I have to say this. Too many cops become cops because they can't do anything else with themselves. They need to make the requirements higher for becoming a police officer. Too many of them are just low life pieces of **** that couldn't do anything else so they became a cop. They have too much power and they abuse it.

themachsays
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Running red lights causes more deaths than streetracing. Cops just like busting streetracing because the deaths are more publicized than normal traffic deaths. Plain and simple its a way for police departments to waste taxpayers money.