PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Vista, AZ Machs?

kdo2milger
07-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Anyone in this area? Where do you all go on the weekends? Any tracks close to me?
Ive seen 2 other machs in sierra vista (an 04 Black, and 1 DSG), but I don't think they are members here.

CW4RET
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Not too sure about Sierra Vista, but there are several of us in Tucson. Many of us belong to the Southern Arizona Mustang Club, see samctucson.org. We had 3 yellow '03's together on Speedway last night. I think there are around 12 MACH 1'S in Tucson. Also see the Southwestern International Raceway, they have test & tune on Friday nights. Many of us will be at the Cars in the Park show at Veteran Park on October 9th.

Are you in the military (UAV)? I am retired Army, and my wife is a MSG with about 10months left to retire.

Regards,
Chuck

kdo2milger
08-08-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm an E-6 Active Army, I reclassed into an UAV Operator from Armament & Electrical Systems Repairer on the AH-64A Apache. I will do a warrant packet once I graduate, which will be about this time next year.

I'll be at the Car show too.

One of these days I will get up to Tucson, where do all the machs usually hang out on the weekends?

What exit number off of I-10 would be the quickest way to get to the track?

CW4RET
08-08-2004, 06:30 PM
First of all everyone cruises Speedway Blvd. Also there is Little Anthony's Diner on Broadway that has a car show every other Saturday night. Next one on the 21 st.

Exit I10 at Houghton Road to get to SIR. http://www.sirace.com/

We will be coming to the Sierra Vista Car show as a club, so come by and say hello. I have a yellow '03 MACH 1, and a yellow '70 MACH 1 that will be parked side by side.

I spent 15 years in aviation, but I was a Logistics Warrant Officer, when we had Cobras. My wife is a Battalion Operations Sgt for a AH64D unit. An Army National Guard Bn that in converting to D models now.

Good luck on the Warrant Officer application, it was the best thing I ever did. Got mine back when they did direct appointments in 1981.

I got a friend that is the UAV airframe manager at Ft. Monroe, Walker Night is his name, he comes to Ft. Huachuca several times a year.

Hope to meet you sometime

Chuck

kdo2milger
08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Like wise here, I look forward to meeting more mach owners.
I've had mine since mid may and I have only met one mach owner, he's an E-7 Drill Seargant for the AIT UAV Students.
I'll make plans to come up on the 21st.
Getting on streets & trips right now to plot my course Chief:THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

kdo2milger
08-11-2004, 03:14 AM
man would'nt you know it:mad:
It turns out I am going to be on a detail with the DS's this saturday and next saturday (14&21). So depending on what time we finish, will determine if I make it to Tucson on the 21st.

CW4RET
08-11-2004, 01:38 PM
And I just realized that I will be on a cruise the 21st with the Mustang Club.

I am going to send you a flyer about an event we are having on 23 October that you might be interested in, an all FORD, mostly Mustang car show in Tucson. Will send early next week.

kdo2milger
08-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Things are looking up:THUMBSUP: There is enough of us that we have been able to split it up, me and my guys took the 14th detail, so the other group will be taking next saturdays detail.:COOL:

kdo2milger
08-26-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by CW4RET
And I just realized that I will be on a cruise the 21st with the Mustang Club.

I am going to send you a flyer about an event we are having on 23 October that you might be interested in, an all FORD, mostly Mustang car show in Tucson. Will send early next week. Hey Chuck, Any word on the all ford car show (23 oct)?

CW4RET
08-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Our Flyer will be complete this weekend so I will send to you soonest. If I can impose upon you to distribute copies to anyone with a Ford powered Ford that might be interested in entering or attending it would be appreciated. We should have had them completed by now but we had a change in the event chairman so it added a few days to the process. My wife is actually doing the flyers, but she is TDY this week. We will be passing them out at the show on October 9th also.

Did you make it to Little Anthony's last Saturday evening. Our cruise went by there about 7:30 PM and it looked packed.

How is the UAV training going?

Attached a pic of the two MACH's so you will recognice us.

kdo2milger
08-26-2004, 09:56 PM
PM me if you need an address to send the flyers to.

kdo2milger
09-01-2004, 11:38 AM
:CHEERS: HAPPY B-day Chuck:THUMBSUP:

CW4RET
09-04-2004, 09:13 PM
http://www.fordaganza.com/

Here is a link to our web site for our show in September.

Thanks for the birthday wishes as well.

Chuck