PDA

View Full Version : How do I take finger smeers off my car carefuly

LongviewMach1
12-24-2002, 09:03 AM
I ran my hand over it last night checking for hail damage and I saw this morning that I left so smudges whats something around the house that will take it off real easy? Just a little water and a rag or what?

Tomcat427
12-24-2002, 09:52 AM
I went out and bought some zymoil car wash. Worked great!:THUMBSUP:

70MachCJ
12-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Liquid dawn and water. It works great for stuff like that.

starscream
12-24-2002, 01:40 PM
Dawn will strip any wax off with it. I wouldn't use any kind of detergent, especially after it's been waxed or polished. You need some Zaino Z-6.

1BADMACH1
12-24-2002, 02:18 PM
go out and get some Maguires quick detailer mist and spray. works great and smells good too.

04Retro
12-24-2002, 03:30 PM
Meguiars is great--Mother's has the same stuff called Showtime--much better smell--cinnamon spice I believe--seems funny but at car shows the car doesn't smell but you just notice a little something in the air-does draw folks....and makes the clean up work easier...

03elanor
12-24-2002, 04:09 PM
I love the meguiars too.

Starscream is right

Don't use a dish liquid (it contains detergents) unless you plan on rewaxing the car, it will strip the wax off.

dwicks
12-24-2002, 04:33 PM
I have shown cars since I was 17 and a perfessional bike detailer at a Harley Davidson dealership. Meguires KICKS @$$!!!!!But use those yellow felt rags that you can get at Auto zone, etc. Very soft Terry cloths work great too. Try to use it in a mild temperature. What happens is, cold paint smuges the meguires. So when it dries it looks something like dried soap on the finish. Works great on rims with finger prints also!:THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: ;)

02mach1
12-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Using soap like dawn could damage the clearcoat of the paint. With new types paint that Ford and GM has now that's not a good idea. the Meguiars quick Detailer be the best here's their website to help you out.

http://www.properautocare.com/meguiars.html

Azure
12-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Any of the quick detailers will work. I use Zaino Z6 or Meguires. I have also used Turtle Wax & Eagle 1 detail sprays with good results.

My favorite for a cloth is a cloth diaper. Wash it a couple of times and don't use fabric softener. They work very well.

canadian ponies
12-25-2002, 07:17 AM
SIMPLE FINGER PRINTS? USE A DUST FREE CLOTH, PUT IN THE GARAGE, COVER IT IN BUBBLE WRAP AND GO OUT LOOK AT IT EVERY DAY FOR 20 YEARS AND THEN SAY "BOY I SURE ENJOYED THIS CAR" BUT IT MINT!!!!!

mustanger
12-25-2002, 08:17 AM
OK,I hope this is not off the topic,but,I ordered all the Zaino products to care for my Mach. I've never used their products before. Someone posted that you should wait 90 days before waxing the car. Does that hold true for the Zaino products?:??: