PDA

View Full Version : Mach 1/Bullitt joint show at Ford 100th Anniversary Celebration!!

Tony Alonso
12-21-2002, 07:28 PM
A couple of questions -

a) is anyone planning to attend?
b) is anyone planning to take their car?
c) would anyone want to get a group of Mach 1s together as a special gathering, like SVT is doing for their vehicles?
d) is there anyway we might pull off factory tours and the like for Mach 1 owners?

Just curious...thanks!

03mach1
01-04-2003, 02:54 PM
I hope to be going and I will check on the factory tours.!!!

June 13-16, 2003

Also, let's see how many we can get!!! the Bullit Club usually pulls 40-50 cars at shows from what I have heard...

Broon
01-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Since it is in my backyard, count me in. If there are enough of us, there is a karting track about 40 mins away from Dearborn that we could cruise to.

Tony Alonso
01-04-2003, 05:25 PM
That would be great to hook up with the Bullitt guys and gals...

Dave, would you want me to contact the folks there to see if coordination would be possible?

Broon - karting would be awesome! Maybe we could add this to the agenda for the Bullitt and Mach 1 folks if we can work something out here.

Broon
01-05-2003, 12:10 PM
The place is called 'Kart2Kart'. Website is http://www.kart2kart.com

As for the factory tour, I highly recommend it. Took a couple of FCG (Ford College Graduate) hopefuls thru when we were hosting them in the mid 90's. Just amazing how vehicles come together.

03mach1
01-05-2003, 06:58 PM
YES! If there is anyone in the area(s) that can get this going and is willing to help, by all means please do! I can't coordinate everything we will be doing, so I will be relying on you people to help out in your areas!

Thanks!! :)

Tony Alonso
01-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Here's my post on one of the Bullitt forums (http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=17809&forum=11&0).

We'll see what happens.

hotrodmach1
01-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Count me in I all signed up except the vehicle display application. I'm waiting for the car yet should be built next week. will send in the application with a photo as soon as car arrives. It will be great to meet you guys

Tony Alonso
01-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Just to let folks know, I have 2 contact names over at the Bullitt Owners Club. I will be working with one (or both) of these folks on a joint "Special Edition" event at the Ford 100. If you are planning on attending and would be interested, please send me your name via private mail. Also, if you have any ideas of what you would like to do at the Celebration in conjunction with the Bullitt guys and gals, let me know.

Thanks!

03mach1
01-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Hotels,

I registered for the Show along with the vehicle application.

Where are we all going to stay? There is a ton of hotels listed, just want something close the where the festivities are planned...

Any ideas?

MoStang4U
01-14-2003, 08:52 AM
David: The IMBOC National Staff is at The Best Western Farmington Hills 1-248-553-0000.

Richard
IMBOC National Show Director

03mach1
01-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Regsiter Online for the event! Let me know if you are going.

$24.94 per person for the 5 day event.

Separate vehicle registration is required (Free).
VEHICLE DEADLINE IS 3/15/03!!!

http://www.ford.com/en/ourCompany/centennial/default.htm

Since, we will be hopefully grouping with the bullit Club, It looks like we can possibly stay together if no one objects. I will check and see about rooms.

Broon
01-14-2003, 07:12 PM
mb4875, any reason why the IMBOC folks are staying in Farmington Hills? Seems to be a bit of hike from Dearborn. Did you get an awesome rate or something?

03mach1
01-15-2003, 05:45 PM
I haven't try any closers, but they may be full?? Not sure, what would be best and closet??

Thanks

Bullitt#4849
01-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Should we register on our own or is there planning to be a perk with the inside connection?

Thanks

Todd

03mach1
01-15-2003, 08:33 PM
If Attending: You should ALL Register for the show and or Vehicle Display if you are planning on showing your car.

As for the Hotels, I am still trying to gather info on where/what we want to gather...

MoStang4U
01-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Broon
mb4875, any reason why the IMBOC folks are staying in Farmington Hills? Seems to be a bit of hike from Dearborn. Did you get an awesome rate or something?
Price was right and they had rooms available.It is about 15 minutes from the Ford Headquarters.It is at 12Mile and Orchard Lake Rd. So we will run I-696 East to 39 and drive south.

Tony Alonso
01-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Dave,

We should run with this. It will make the planning a wee bit easier, unless someone has another suggestion, of course.

Thanks, Richard!

hotrodmach1
01-18-2003, 03:19 PM
count me in for a room. I havent made any hotel arrangements yet. I think it would be a blast to hang out with you guys

Tony Alonso
01-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Folks,

While we are still in the preliminary planning stages, I wanted to pass on to you several items of note. First is that the prerequisite to attending this joint Bullitt-Mach 1 event is purchasing your tickets and registerting to display your car. See the official Ford Centennial website (https://fordcentennialreg.com/) for the process and form. The deadline for registering to display your car is MARCH 15, 2003!!

Second, the Bullitt folks, who have been planning for the Ford 100 get-together for some time, have secured a hotel location as mentioned in a previous post. For details on the hotel, please see this post on the IMBOC Bullitt Nationals forum (http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=18181&forum=37).

More details will be forthcoming as plans continue to be firmed up. The Bullitt folks are trying to get 100 Bullitts! Can we get 100 Mach 1s there??

Thanks for your interest.

Tony Alonso
01-19-2003, 11:12 PM
From the Ford Centennial website, a little information about the currently scheduled events -

On Monday, June 16, if you're a Ford Motor Company shareholder, you will be invited to attend the company's 47th annual meeting of shareholders, and the first shareholders' meeting of the company's second century

Thursday, June 12, is Ford Racing Night. You'll have a chance to meet many of your Ford racing heroes, including drivers from NASCAR Winston Cup, NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Craftsman Truck. Many of Ford's top race drivers will participate in autograph and photos sessions.

Please see the "Frequently Asked Questions" section of the Ford Centennial website for updates.

MoStang4U
01-22-2003, 03:31 PM
There will be a Convoy from Missouri. Leaving central Missouri on the 11th of June.I-44 to St.Louis,I-70 to Indy. I-69 to I80/90 to Toledo,Oh. Planning a overnight in Toledo.Depart Toledo on the morning of the 12th , ETA Dearborn,Best Western/Marriott 12:00 Noon.Plan on attending Ford Race Night Event. say Hello to Mario,Dan,Mark,Carroll and other racing Legends.

Contact Mb 4875. If you would like to join in for the Cruise.

H1RESQ
01-22-2003, 05:43 PM
Tony,

How many Mach 1s do you have signed up?

Wade

hotrodmach1
01-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Tony Have we made a finially decision on a hotel yet? If so can we reserve now

Tony Alonso
01-22-2003, 11:25 PM
You are free to register at any area hotel at this time. However, if we can all congregate at the same hotel, we expect it to be easier for getting all of the Bullitts and Mach 1s together to convoy to a common parking area on the Ford grounds.

I will be contacting the hotel to see about a discounted rate (the current one is $89.00/night). The Bullitt folks have NOT done that for a good reason. Typically, a guaranteed number of room rentals must be fulfilled to obtain a discount. I will report back to the forum and Bullitt folks by Friday the 23rd if I am able to obtain a reduced rate and how many people must reserve.

According to Wade Koch from IMBOC/Bullitt Nationals, the Dearborn area hotels are already booked.

PS - The information for the suggested hotel is as follows:

Courtyard by the Mariott Hotel (formerly Best Western Executive Hotel)
31525 W. Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
248-553-0000

Tony Alonso
01-27-2003, 07:55 PM
After speaking with a hotel representative, I was informed a $79.00/night rate would be offered if we had 30 or more rooms rented for at least one night. Given that, I will make a few more calls to see if another hotel can offer a better rate. I am under the impression the hotel might be willing to beat the $79.00 rate if there is competition. Again, it would probably require a commitment of a certain number of room, but it does not hurt to ask. When I stayed in the area back in 2000, I was able to get a $59.00 rate/night at a hotel near the airport. My commute time to the festivities was about 20 minutes, comparable to this hotel.

I will let folks know what I find out as soon as I can, hopefully by 31-Jan.

03mach1
01-28-2003, 09:15 AM
Tony,

Thanks for help in this matter, Please let us(me) know about rooms, Also, I will probably need 4 nights (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun). We plan on being there the whole time...

Let us know!! We need to make reservations asap. :)

Tony Alonso
01-28-2003, 12:41 PM
I was able to find another hotel with a rate less than the place where the IMBOC folks are now. It is the La Quinta Inn Detroit Metro Airport, 7680 Merriman, Romulus, MI (734-641-9006 direct or 1-800-531-5900 central reservations). If we rent at least 10 rooms, it will cost $56.00/night (+10.5% tax). If we get more than 30 rooms, they will re-negotiate with us.

I have stayed in this area before and found it convenient to get to Dearborn where the events will be held. Thus, I am going to post this information to the IMBOC Board and let my contact there know to see if they would be willing to switch. As of now, LaQunita has plenty of rooms (2 queens or 1 king bed) and they serve a complimentary breakfast, if that's a draw for you.

Tony Alonso
02-04-2003, 10:16 AM
After speaking with a member of the Sales Dept., the best rate I have negotiated at the Courtyard by the Mariott Farmington Hills (formerly Best Western Executive Hotel) is $75.00/night (excluding tax) for a group of 30 or more. Based on the availability of amenities and local restaurants (and feedback from the Bullitt guys and gals), this hotel will be the official location for the "Bullitt-Mach 1 100" at the Ford Centennial.

Please make your reservations by contacting the hotel directly and ask for the "Bullitt-Mach 1" group rate. Here is the information repeated -

"Bullitt-Mach 1 100" Group
Courtyard by the Mariott Hotel (formerly Best Western Executive Hotel)
31525 W. Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
248-553-0000

Also, I will be getting a list of local restaurants and self-serve car washes from the hotel staff in the next week or so. I will post this information soon after I receive it.

NOTE: If we do not get the 30 rooms rented by Wednesday, May 21, 2003, we will lose the rate and the rooms will be released.

Thanks for your continued interest. Planning continues for something special for the Bullitt and Mach 1 owners in conjunction with Ford at the Centennial. Please send me a PM if you are committed to attending so I can get an accurate count to pass on to Ford.

Tony Alonso
02-06-2003, 11:39 PM
What things are there to do for Mach 1 owners attending the "Bullitt-Mach 1 100" at the Ford Centennial??

The planning is well under way but not finalized. I can tell you the following -

a) we are working on special access to Team Mustang members
b) we are striving to get all the Bullitts and Mach 1s together in a common parking area while on display
c) the Dearborn Assembly plant is tentatively scheduled as a key location during the Centennial.

More details will be forthcoming as soon as commitments are locked in with folks from Ford.

To help remembers these activities, a special "Bullitt-Mach 1 100" event t-shirt is being designed. The graphic drafts look great!

Please register for the Centennial event, submit an application to display your car by March 15, and take advantage of our group discount hotel rate. It's going to be much fun!

Tony Alonso
02-11-2003, 11:45 PM
We now have an official T-shirt for the joint Bullitt-Mach 1 gathering at the Ford Centennial. Please see this post in the 'Accessories' forum (http://www.mach1registry.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2932) for more details.

ach1
03-10-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm signed up, just waiting for a reply on my car being accepted for the show field. Fortunately I live in the area, so I won't be staying at a hotel. As for the hotel choice, don't plan on making it to Ford WHQ in 10minutes...

bullitt3975
03-25-2003, 02:23 AM
Hi folks Im a member of the IMBOC I woulld really like to see a lot of mach1s show up to the ford 100 comon guys this will be a lot of fun. Ford will only have one 100th birthday .If your undecided think about this 4 days of hanging around with mustang nuts from all over the country. Im all set up to go and cant wait to get their hope to see you there Chris Bullitt3975:THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

03mach1
03-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Ford 100th Bullitt/Mach 1
T-Shirts and Dash Plaques are available on the Products page.
(Small sold out)

http://www.mach1registry.com/products

Tony Alonso
03-29-2003, 10:19 AM
The following members have confirmed their intent to participate and have registered their vehicles for display -

Dave Wagner
hotrodmach1
ach1
Broon
mxs_mustang
Tony Alonso

We now have 1/5 the number of Mach 1 owners going that the Bullitt folks have. There still is time to register, as the deadline has been extended to April 15, 2003.

04Retro
03-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Tony--couple of stupid questions as I've been ignoring the Ford 100th thing....however after just attending a Hearst Caste run last weekend with 20 Bullitts and Machs..my interest in such group activities has grown so...

Can you still Register with Ford for the show--deadline moved from 3-15 to 4-15??? Is there a web site for this? and Most importantly--Is there a semi official hotel for the Mach/Bullitt group...I've heard 'gossip' of hotel s hard to get, $$ etc...any final determination?

THANKS!

Tony Alonso
03-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Answers to questions -

a) you can register your car now until April 15 (a change in the deadline by one month)

b) the official website is indicated with a web link in a earlier section of this chain of posts; you purchase tickets and submit the application from that site

c) the official hotel is also indicated in an earlier section; it is the Courtyard by the Mariott and the rate is $75.00/night if you ask for the "Bullitt/Mach 1" group

04Retro
03-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Thanks Tony--got room, now I just need to register with Ford..can't get their web site to respond..first I needed a newer flashplayer..which might not have installed properly...keep getting boxes teling me Active X may not run properly with my security settings...can't figure out how to find, let alone change, my IE security settings..HELP???

Hmmmm tongiht is trash night...maybe this IMB thing needs to go into the trash can...hello Apple....

Tony Alonso
04-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Some further detail on registering your car to be displayed for the Centennial (copied from a thread at the IMBOC website) -

What are the event display hours and will I be required to be on display at all times?
The event hours are as follows:
Thursday, June 12: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday, June 13 - Sunday, June 15: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday, June 16: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Centennial Concert Series is scheduled Thursday through Sunday evenings from approximately 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.

We're requesting that vehicles be on display for the entire event to allow guests to experience true "Ford Classics". However, understanding people have other commitments we simply ask that you display your vehicle for as long as possible. We will have designated times established for move-in, move-out throughout the event dates and will work with you as much as possible to accommodate your schedule.

You will have the option to leave your vehicle on property for the duration of the event, as security in all vehicle display areas will be on-site during the off-hours. If fact, we recommend that you leave your vehicle and utilize our shuttle system for ease of getting to and from the Event property.

Where exactly is the display area and what are the restrictions?
The display area is on the grounds of the Henry Ford II World Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The vehicles will be on display surrounding the Ford Motor Company World Headquarters. Vehicle owners will be allowed to bring chairs, sun umbrellas, small coolers (No alcohol). Easels with vehicle information/specs are allowed. Displays, lighting and the like are prohibited. More information will be sent to you in your confirmation package. For safety reasons, security checks will be made on all vehicles prior to entering the grounds.

How will my vehicle be displayed - and/or may I display next to my friends - even if they have different model/make than mine?
Our current plan is to display vehicles by model, with some consideration to various clubs and organizations. Staging will start at Noon on Thursday, June 12 and 6:00 a.m. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Once registered for the event and confirmation is received that your vehicle is accepted for display, you will receive further information/instructions on procedures and process related to move-in, move-out, etc. All plans are subject to change, and all plans are developed with safety and security issues first and foremost.

I'm bringing my vehicle on a trailer, are there arrangements for this?
Yes, many of the Classics already signed up are coming on trailers. We have procured a secure lot, and will have 24-hour security for your trailers. This lot is within a 5-mile radius of the event grounds and we will have transportation to and from this area. We also have 24-hour security on the Event grounds as well. Please consider travel time to and from parking areas when making your arrangements.

Once I have my vehicle on-site, do I have to leave my car or may I move it on and off the property during the day?
The safety of our guests is first and foremost in our minds. While we understand some owner's will need to move on and off the property, we encourage them to keep that to a minimum. With the potential of tens of thousands of guests on the grounds and in the display areas their safety will be priority one, and overly excessive heavy vehicle traffic will not be allowed.

Firenat
05-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Count me in for the Ford 100th. I purchased tickets and had the car approved for the show back in Feb. I'm also registered for Carlisle All Ford Nationals May 30,31 and 1st in Carlisle PA. For those of you that have never attended a Carlisle Ford show, it's an excellent show.
Steve

Totoland Mach
05-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Just a quick question about attending (it's May 27th and I just got started on this web site).

Thanks for any replies. I could meet up with any Missouri/Kansas folks going.

Richard Seward

MoStang4U
05-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Richard Seward
Just a quick question about attending (it's May 27th and I just got started on this web site).

Thanks for any replies. I could meet up with any Missouri/Kansas folks going.

Richard Seward

It is never too late. Just check the info in this thread.

Richard
Black Bullitt
FFW Staff

Totoland Mach
05-28-2003, 12:16 PM
mb4875: Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking of going along with the Missouri bunch. (I need to call on some customers the following week in Michigan and could convince the company I work for to spring for the gas...gee they would save bunches compared to airfare).

falcongtho3
05-28-2003, 08:34 PM
If you go to the www.ford.com web site, you can still register and pick up your packet at the 'will call' instead of having it sent to you. It looks like the 2 1/2 days I have scheduled there may not be enough! A big thanks to Tony Alonso and I look forward to seeing many of you there! (I'll be the one stealing the Aston Martin DB-5 from the display:D )

Totoland Mach
05-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Register on Ford's site and confirmed a Will Call status. Also, the Courtyard Farmington Hills confirmed a room (even got my company to pickup 1-2 nights..providing I call on some police dept. accounts Friday or Monday...dash in - dash out).

Anyone going from Kansas or Missouri?

Richard

Tony Alonso
05-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Take a look at this thread in Bulitt/Mach 1 forum on the IMBOC (http://www.imboc.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=18245&forum=52&12) website. It is for a convoy starting in Missouri.

Shaker Dan
06-05-2003, 10:09 PM
Since you guys are coming through Indy, do you know if you will be stopping to eat lunch or anything. I would like to meet up with everyone.

I of course am way to late to go to the event, plus I have family obligations that weekend. However I would love to meet if you confirm about what time and where you would stop. Is there an iternarary (sp?) for this cruise?

Tony Alonso
06-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Shaker Dan,

I sent an e-mail message to mb4875, who is leading this convoy, to ask him to contact you regarding the details of the itinerary. Perhaps a meeting can be arranged.

Shaker Dan
06-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Thank you very much Tony!