PDA

View Full Version : Dealer options of 03 Stangs

LongviewMach1
08-31-2002, 10:30 AM
I was looking through my catalog then came to the dealer options in the back I found the optin for getting the remote start feature and called my dealer and he said it would be no prob. I dont know why but I just like that remote start feature. I called him back thinking how can they install that on a 5sp he told me they would put in a kind of bypass switch for it to work. Does that sound right to ya'll ?

Walt
08-31-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by LongviewMach1
I called him back thinking how can they install that on a 5sp he told me they would put in a kind of bypass switch for it to work. Does that sound right to ya'll ?

Well, I guess they could put in a by-pass to the switch
which ensures you are pressing the clutch in before
engaging the starter. However, I would be very
careful that you never, ever forget and leave
your Mustang in gear the night before. :)

1MeanGT
08-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Have someone else get in your car and start it if you want to hear what it sounds like from the outside.

Remote starters are for people who like to show off and get attention.

socalmach1
09-01-2002, 09:28 PM
They are good if you need the air on or the heater on before leaving somewhere.

davecrazy
09-01-2002, 09:42 PM
I think you're asking for trouble with a remote start on a manual transmission car.

Starsky
09-02-2002, 04:51 AM
how much was the remote start. Here in Texas Im tempted to consider it..Nothing like black seats, and 105* temp

1MeanGT
09-02-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by socalmach1
They are good if you need the air on or the heater on before leaving somewhere. :rolleyes: I knew that was coming. That is such a wussy response. "oooh it's too cold/hot so I need the car on beforehand so it can warm-up/cool-down" :rolleyes: Gimme a break.

Yeah, I love my toys and gadgets just like the next guy, but ya gotta draw the line somewhere.

LongviewMach1
09-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Honestly each person is different and has there own Style...I'm not trying to be mean but please show a little kindness to fellow members of the boards. Yes I want the remote start because it adds a little style I'm also going to put in a new deck speakers and subs I'll probly even throw street lights on it but that is me. Anyway the dealer told me it should be around 100 to add remote start but he's not sure yet.

shaggy
09-05-2002, 01:02 PM
I'll probly even throw street lights on it

I hope you don't mean neons

davecrazy
09-05-2002, 01:22 PM
godforbid somebody does something they want to their car without getting static about it.

some of you need to grow up.

LongviewMach1
09-05-2002, 01:24 PM
no not underbody lights but lights that hit with the subs and pedals.

rattlyfuture
09-11-2002, 07:23 PM
We had a car on the lot with a remote start and a 5-spd trans. A sales person walked out the door and hit the button thinking he was unlockin the car and It started and drove away.. Luckly it didn't hit anything important but you gotta watch it with a 5-spd and remote start.........

socalmach1
09-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Hey! 1meangt My butt is real sensitive to the cold so knock it off
and don'y call me names you meanie!:( :( :(