PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple Purple Ice

wolverine81
07-08-2004, 04:39 PM
What do you think about this product?

Purple Ice (http://www.synerlec.com/prodsa/prpice.html)

funk
07-08-2004, 05:17 PM
I use the Redline Water Wetter. It works good.

wolverine81
07-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by funk
I use the Redline Water Wetter. It works good.

Any problems at all? Do you just use it as an additive to your full coolant system? Just wondering cause I didn't know how the computer would handle the cooler temps. Did you modify anything else (i.e. thermostat) to work with the additive? Thanks for the info.

Vegas Mach1
07-09-2004, 02:52 AM
I tried the Water Wetter also. One of the Cobra guys said it smells bad I haven't noticed that yet. The reason for using product it should help with heat transfer. Go to Red Line's website for their explanation. This is one of the reasons for the head-tick (which I had), cylinders 7 & 8 don't get enough cooling so I am giving it a try.

GUMBALL
07-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Have used both. Their primary function is as a water pump lube, and anti-corrosive. They are also compatable with most anti-freeze products. Their properties also aid in heat transfer.
Keep in mind, while they do aid cooling, they are not a "magic cure-all"
Also, read label - mix accordingly.....don't put too much in.....;)

loathe
07-10-2004, 12:13 AM
i droped 80 big 1n's on royal purple 5w20 and i havne't noticed any diffrence from all the other motor oils.

**Note to self** switch back to mobile1

GUMBALL
07-10-2004, 02:21 AM
loathe:

Purple Ice is not oil........:confused:

ShakeMe
07-10-2004, 03:17 AM
I added a bottle of WW to the stock mixture and it did nothing at all. When I put the H2O pump on I will cut the antifreeze down to 20% and add a bottle of WW and the rest water. The less antifreeze the better it works. I think Redline says you can take the freeze down to 15% but, I'll try 20%. Since it doesn't really get to freezing temps out here it should be ok. I have a blown 92 GT with no AC and it runs straight water and WW. 190 deg. tops and that's after a pass.

funk
07-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by loathe
i droped 80 big 1n's on royal purple 5w20 and i havne't noticed any diffrence from all the other motor oils.

**Note to self** switch back to mobile1

You got rip off. I buy a case for $55. And do it myself.

40mach1
06-05-2005, 04:26 PM
So how much do we put in the radiator? Just dump 1 whole bottle in?

You got rip off. I buy a case for $55. And do it myself.

gfong
06-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I use the Royal Purple Ice and I added a whole bottle and all is fine. Not sure how much of a drop I got with the 50/50 water/glyco solution we have from the factory but I used it anyway. One bottle is a little more than the 1oz to 1 quart they ask for but their FAQ's say that is fine. :yeh:

Pour the whole bottle in and all is well. You do have to take some out, I used a turkey baster to remove the rad fluid so that the bottle of Ice went in and than topped it up with some that I took out from my container I used.

FAQ's
Will adding too much Purple IceŽ harm my cooling system?

No. A higher concentration of Purple IceŽ than recommended won't offer any additional cooling benefit nor will it have any adverse effects on the engine or cooling system.

Mach1Madman
06-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I put a whole bottle of WW in as a precautionary measure with the "tick". I used WW in my 351w (72 mach) that ran real hot (230). I ran straight distilled water w/ a bottle of WW and the temp dropped to under 190. That was with a 160 stat also. I replaced the stock half plugged junk radiator with an aluminum Be Cool, and it ran right on 160. A high concentration of water does hamper it a little but for what it costs it's worth a try. It even made my 72 warm up faster. :)

azureT03
06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
I added the whole bottle to mine last September, no smell and works fine.

Vic229
06-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I have used both, results seem about the same. Currently using Purple Ice, distilled water and about 10% coolant.