PDA

View Full Version : Does any go the drags on Weds in AZ?

azdesert50
06-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone goes to the drags on Weds. or is it to hot for everyone?

John

Quickdraw
06-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Not necessarily too hot but it's a long drive for me on a work night. I live in chandler. When I go I usually go to Firebird on Friday night. It's closer for me and it's easier to drive around the water boxes. I'm running street tires and don't do a big burnout. They don't usually have a big crowd this time of year and you can get in a lot of runs if you are so inclined.

azdesert50
06-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Well I live in peoria so firebird is kinda far for me and I also work on sat., but does anyone else go to speedworld on weds?

John

rsnider
06-28-2004, 01:36 PM
I've been out to Speedworld a few times on Wed. I was out there two weeks ago, it was really nice after the sun went down but the times sucked. I rode out with a freind in his new GT. 15.0 was the best it would do in the heat. New GTO was in the mid 15's and a "Rumble Bird" hemi pickup was in the HIGH 15's. The whole night was worth it when the guy in the GTO rammed his shifter back into 2nd instead of fourth!!! He laid about a hundred feet of rubber way down by the finish line. Didn't hurt the GTO, he back at the starting line 10 minutes later.

my04
07-01-2004, 05:45 AM
I usually go to speedworld once a week. I started to go on fridays cause the track is preped better. I live in peoria so the drive isnt bad at all. On the saturday july 10th theyre having races from 12:00am to 6:00am. Cant wait just got some drag radials so hopefully ill go low 13's maybe high 12's.(traction at speedworld is killing me.) Anybody interested in going let me know. maybe we can met up some were.
Ethan

rsnider
07-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Holy Cow! They don't even start until mindight!

I've never been there when they did anything more than use a broom on the starting line (Wed. nights). Is there any way to find out if the launch pad will be preped? I can almost get a whole nights sleep in BEFORE it's time to leave for the track.

Will racers really show up at midnight?

azdesert50
07-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Man that sounds cool I don't think I have anything planed I think I will go. Is it open to anyone?(I mean no signing up early or anything,right?) I have not heard of races starting that late before. Is it the first time they are doing it?

John

rsnider
07-02-2004, 08:23 PM
If I got up at my normal time I could still get in an hour of racing before 6 a.m.!

Would the air be better at 12 a.m. or 4 a.m.?

I am very interested. Count me in.
03 zinc yellow automatic... no mods.

54Mach1
07-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Nice to hear there are several other Mach 1 owners in Phx area who like to race. I'm in Chandler and go to Firebird although the traction there is really bad and it's too hot this time of year to make any power. See you at Firebird in October or November --

my04
07-04-2004, 06:34 PM
The gates open at 11pm and the races go till the sun comes up. There will be imports and domestics. There gonna have a burnout contests and even mud wrestling :D . Im gonna head out to the track on friday to break in my slicks for saturday. Sound like there is gonna be alot of cars there.
Ethan

my04
07-04-2004, 06:36 PM
This is the first time they are donig this. You dont have to sign up early or anything. Just show up with 15$ and be ready to race.

azdesert50
07-07-2004, 07:02 PM
What time is everyone going to be there and is anyone meeting up somewhere to go? I know alot people going to watch, but not really race.

John

QTRPONY
07-11-2004, 03:12 PM
No, it just can't be true!!!!

I have been busy with a new position at work so I have not been to the track since Jan and have not been a regular on here since then but I am still hanging around.

I am trying to figure out where all you "rubber eater's" were when I tried to organize a AZ Mach 1 Shootout? (see the thread I started back in Feb.)

Also, so that you new guys and old timers have no excuses-Fun Ford Weekend will be at Firebird in late NOV.

Last year the only Mach 1 in the competition was from San Francisco and that was an entry in the car show. Three or four guys showed the friday night before but were too scared to enter.I had planned to enter my 90 GT a few months before so I did not enter my Mach. Plus I was expecting some of the other guys on here to show.

Anyway, I probably won't start hitting the track again until SEP but I do go to Speedworld on a regular basis since I have had good experiences there. They seem to want to take care of racers. (Also they give a military discount for fees)

Firebird on the otherhand seems to just want your money-like the time they shut down early which was 15 minutes after I paid to get in and only made one run.

QTRPONY
07-11-2004, 03:25 PM
BTW

Rick, Eric, Tim, Joe (Quickdraw), Drey, Dave,

I Forgot to say hello in my previous post. I just checked back in for the first time in a couple of months...but yes I still have my Mach and my GT. Just been busy with Little League and work.

For all new members that I have not met yet,

Welcome to the Board!!

EDIT: Just read through some older posts and see that I have missed a few things: Eric sold his mach and had a baby. Eric if you still check in, Congrats on the new baby. I was going to slam you on the Tahoe BUT now I understand and will let you slide. If you get a chance in between changing diapers shoot me a PM and maybe we can hit the track in the GT so that you can drive a real 12 second car. Dn't wait too long though cause hopefully it will be a 11 second car soon (On second thought maybe you do want to wait!)

Quickdraw
07-14-2004, 06:46 PM
It's always good to hear from you Tuck. I haven't been around the forum much lately either. Mostly because I traded my Mach for a 4 cyl. Ranger P.U.:( . I miss my Mach, but it's not as bad as it sounds, because when I traded for the Ranger, we also bought a new Harley, which was what I really wanted when we got the Mach. It just took my wife a while to agree. We still plan on going to FFW. Hope to see you and the other guys there.

QTRPONY
07-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Joe,
Sorry to hear you have to give up the Mach to get a Harley. Would have been nice to have both but I know that was probably pushing it.

Just wondering if the person who bought your Mach has found their way here yet.

I remembered tonight why I don't like going to Speedworld on Wednesday as much as Fridays. I took the GT out to blow out a few cobwebs and the best I could do was 13.4@106 w/ 2.025 60 ft. I was sliding all over the place. Most of my 60's were 2.2-2.3 becasue I was spinning so bad. I had to get out of it 4-5 times cause I started to go sideways when I hit second. I still had fun but it kind of sucks not even getting into the 12's once. I know the air had alot to do with it.

I am leaving town for a couple of weeks but get back on the 30th. If all goes well I will probably head out to Speedworld that friday night to see if I can do any better. If anybody else is going post it and what you are driving and I will meet up with you there.

rsnider
07-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Good to hear from you again Tuck! I've been way too busy to play with the Mach this summer also. We have a house on the market and between fixing it up for viewing and such it's eaten up all our time.

I'd love to race at the FFW but unless they have made some rules/class changes we are at a huge loss? Last year there really wasn't a class for the Mach's. They had us (4v's) running with cars turning 9 seconds! When I e-mailed them they said they may change some of the classes for this comming year.

Have you heard anything?

Do you think you'd race the Mach this year?

Later,
Rick

rsnider
07-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey AZ Mach's

Check out the FFW web site and look at the "Superchips" class. Would that be the class to run our 03-04 Machs in?

azdesert50
07-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I was looking at getting a dyno tune and was wondering if you guys can recommend one I am on the west side and I don't know of one on this side of town. I also just got the predator and some other stuff. I would like to get it tuned before I head out to the track again.

Thanks
John

my04
07-25-2004, 07:45 PM
john,
I think that chucks speed shop has a dyno. You might want to check with lopers or Arizona speed and marine also. hope that helps .
Ethan

Sodbuster
07-31-2004, 02:19 AM
Hi everyone, its nice to see some of the old faces here and some new faces too. I haven't been hanging around here too much lately.
Too bad you let yours go Joe, that white car was beautiful....and fast :!!: Hi to you too Tuck...long time no chat. Thanks for the snack tonight rick, Donna and I are really looking forward to going to Vegas with you guys. Anyone else here going ????
Hey Ethan..almost every morning I pass an Orange Mach going north on the 101 around Thunderbird Rd. Any chance its you ?? I also see one in the Bashas parking lot on 67th ave and Deer Valley.
Tim

my04
08-03-2004, 02:43 AM
Tim, yup thats me on the 101. Im an optician and work in the vision center in the Wal-mart at 83rd and union hills. Ive met the owner of the other comp orange you mentioned. He lives in the 67th and happy valley area. Ive seen you around driving but have never gotten a chance to pull up and say hi.

Ethan

Sodbuster
08-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Its hard to miss that beautiful Comp Orange Mach...I flash my lights at you when I see you.
Did you see me get pulled over at Union Hills a while back ?? Not a pleasant experience :SMASH:
I live on 63 rd Ave north of Jomax and I know of at least 5 Mach1's within 5 miles of me...small world huh.
Are you going to Las Vegas with us ???

Torchmach
08-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey Sodbuster, and My 04, here is one more Mach 1 checking in on the West Side ( 43rd Ave and T-Bird!). I am one of the Torch Red 04's with Visus Louvers and Honeycomb Panel, on this side of town. I meet the owner of the other Torch Red 04 Saturday March 20 at the K-Mart 67th & Bell. I had just taken 1st place earler that day in 1994-04 Coupes at the Copperstate Mustang Club's Spring 2004 Show at Earnhardt Ford. I am also the Mach 1 My04 chased down ( But did not pass!!! ) about 3 weeks ago Westbound on T-Bird. ( The SLP Cat Back System is a Dead Giveaway!!)

Keep-on Maching!!!

Sodbuster
08-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi Torchmach, where you been ??? I've seen that red car around town but never could get very close to it. Welcome to the boards and the Mach1 group. Believe it or not, there are quite a few Mach's around here.
Good for us, too bad for the Chevs , Mopar's, imports etc. :THUMBSUP:
Lets race 'em, Tim

QTRPONY
08-15-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by rsnider
Hey AZ Mach's

Check out the FFW web site and look at the "Superchips" class. Would that be the class to run our 03-04 Machs in?

Last year I paid $75 for the cruise and three runs on Saturday and I lasted 3 rounds in the bracket races on Sunday. The most I could have won was $100 on both days. Not that I was there to win money but I really did not have a chance since I was up against about 40 other cars. I was there to have have fun ( i.e. FUN Ford Weekend) and I got my $75 worth.

BUT if I could do it over again I would have entered the Mod Motor class with the Mach.

Will you be going against some 10 second cars in M/M? Maybe, but it does not really matter much since it is run like a bracket race. Look at the results from Bristol. The guy who got runner up and the $2000 check to go with it ran a 14.2xx on a 14.14 dial in. $2K return on a $75 entry fee is pretty good if you ask me.

Most of the big boys from back east probably won't show so your chances would be a little better than at some other races but the payouts are just the same. Last year most of the guys who entered got their money back since there were so few entries.

My recommendation would be to hit Firebird and/or Speedworld a few times between now and November and work on being consistent and enter Mod Motor and take a shot at the $6k payout. Unless of course you really want to enter Street Stang and win a trophy.

Torchmach
08-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Sodbuster, I've seen your DSG'03 around 3-4 times, I am usually in my GT, but there was one time I was eastbound on T-Bird around 83rd Ave in my Mach 1 while you were westbound. Who owns the twin to my Mach? We meet up at the K-Mark 67th and Bell, Saturday March 20. He had gone in to Sunset Ford to buy an Explorer for His Wife and ended up buying the Explorer and his Mach that day.He wanted to check the visability thru the louvers in my rear view mirror. And said he was an active poster at the Mach 1 registery. I have also seen a Azure Blue '03 around 59th Ave and loop 101.

rsnider
08-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread but this way I'm sure all of you will get this response.

67th Ave/Bell is no more. The regional manager shut it down. No good reason (and we were told it wasn't the car-pedistrian accident).

The new meeting place, with permission of the store owners AND THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT CO. is the lot if front of the 1$$$ store on the south side of loop 101 on 67th Ave.

Saturday night.

There is a Barrows Pizza at one end and a frozen yogurt stand at the other. Burger King is 100 yrds away across an undeveloped pad.

Hope to see you all there.

I now return you to your originally scheduled programming.

kdo2milger
08-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Phx seems a bit too far:frown:
Anything going on in Tucson this saturday night?

ASUMach1
08-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey everyone! When is the meet at the loop 101 and 67th ave? is it saturday the 21st? And what time are you meeting up? I'd like to get the info. I own a mach and go to ASU but it's worth the drive to get together with other mach owners.

QTRPONY
08-16-2004, 10:24 PM
If someone is planning a "get together" for Saturday night than I suggest we do it at Speed World:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/schedule.htm

It is just a few more miles from 67th Ave and the 101. We can talk about how cool the Azure Machs are compared to the other colors and we can make a few runs while we are there.

Since Eric ( http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=56749 ) sold his Mach and the new owner has not come forward to back up his numbers, I am claiming the title of "Fastest 03-04 Mach in AZ." I would be willing to put the title up for grabs if you guys can get off this board long enough to actually go to the track.

(FYI -Eric had 4:10's, chip and exhaust, removed his spare, etc and could only manage to run a .17 faster than mine which was stock except for DR's. He should have been a lot lighter than me too since all the paint was coming off his Doesn't Stay Gray.)

Tim-it's not as fun to talk trash now that Eric sold his Mach.!!

QTRPONY
08-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Torchmach
Who owns the twin to my Mach? We meet up at the K-Mark 67th and Bell, Saturday March 20. He had gone in to Sunset Ford to buy an Explorer for His Wife and ended up buying the Explorer and his Mach that day.He wanted to check the visability thru the louvers in my rear view mirror. And said he was an active poster at the Mach 1 registery. I have also seen a Azure Blue '03 around 59th Ave and loop 101.

BTW-I think the owner of the Red Mach you are refering to is Rochard. I have not met him in person but I have "chatted" with him through the forum.

I may or may not be the 03 Azure owner. I live at 32nd St and Union Hills but I go back and forth on the 101 occasionally cruising. About the only thing different about mine would be a short black antenna and the QTRPONI plates.

Sodbuster
08-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Sorry Tuck no race here. I traded my drag radials in for a set of autocross tires. I could never get my car under 14 seconds anyway :confused: The autocrossing is a blast and I actually feel like I know what I'm doing. I might watch you other guys race though.
I hate to say it, but I dont think I would like to be the one to get Eric's car......he beat on it pretty bad :SMASH:
Hey....are you going to Vegas ??

my04
08-17-2004, 04:21 AM
Hey guys hows it going. Its nice to see all these mach owners In the valley. If any of you guys want to meet up on saturday let me know. Whe should set up a time and see how many mach's we can get together. Hey Tuck I think I can pry may butt out of this chair long enough to take that title.:D We should all get together and go out to the track some time before FFW. Hey Tim Im still interested in that autocross racing so keep me informed. Hope we can put something to gether, See ya guys around.
Ethan

QTRPONY
08-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by my04
Hey Tuck I think I can pry may butt out of this chair long enough to take that title.:D
Ethan

:blah: :blah: :blah:

I will show up to give you your shot if we get at least 5 to commit. Spectators don't count.

Torchmach
08-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey Kdo2milger, for activitys in the Tucson area, check in with The Southern Arizona Mustang Club calender at www.samctucson.org
they had 3 '03/'04 Mach 1's at Knotts Berry Farm last April.
And the Old Pueblo Mustang Club at www.opmc.homestead.com, I know of at least one Mach 1 in the OPMC, and a lot of people belong to both. The OPMC also does a heck of a job hosting the Mustang Mania Car Show every March.

AZDave
08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Hello Sod, Rick, and everyone.
I'm Mach1less.
I sold my car to a great guy who treats it as well as I did. At last report it only had 5,000 miles on it. I know he visits here..., time to show yourself.:D
Sod, would you share info on autocross? When and where do the events take place? I think it would be fun to try it with my black car. I'll meet up and run at the drags with you guys this fall when the weather is cooler. 100 plus temps + loop 101 at 65mph + 3.89 gears = really hot engine.
I miss my Mach1, but sill a Ford guy and will continue to hangout here.

54Mach1
08-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi guys,
I've been waiting for someone else to post from the SE valley but unsuccessfully. I can't believe I'm the only Mach owner in Chandler! I look forward to getting out for more activities - including trying Speedworld - once it starts to cool off. Not much fun racing in 100 degree weather!

I used to own a red 98 supercharged GT convertible that ran 12.2's at Firebird - sold it in April '03 - finally got tired of being Mustangless in April 04 and bought the Mach.

Today I just ordered the PHP airbox after seeing an article in 5.0 magazine - their bone stock test Mach gained 20 hp and something ike 26 lb ft tq - seems too good to be true, but worth a try.

I look forward to meeting other valle Machers at future events --
Jim hamel

Sodbuster
08-18-2004, 09:47 PM
ARRRG ! AzDave sold his Mach :rolleyes:
Oh well, someone sure got a good car there !! Your car was clean Dave.
The autocross is a blast Dave :D The next event is Sept. 12 at Firebird . $20 bucks gets you 4 runs in your class and theres all types of cars. Check out this website for all the info. www.azsolo2.com I post there az Mach1Tim...what else ?
Me and Rick Snider went last month and really did well...everyone seemed to like the Machs despite the Mustangs handling woes. Come on out, theres a lot of 'Stangs into it.
Welcome to the group Jim (54Mach1)

Sodbuster
08-18-2004, 09:56 PM
One more GT 350 for AzDave ;) This pic was from an event in Coolidge in July. He also ran when we were there in August.
Nice car :THUMBSUP:

Sodbuster
08-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Ok I'm on a roll, here's the Mach on the track :worship:

QTRPONY
08-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Pushing the gas and turning at the same time seems like too much work. Plus I don't think I could do that and chew gum at the same time so I need to stick with going straight.

Torchmach
08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
Coolidge in July and August? Can we leave the windows up and the A/C blowing?

As I remember the Ford Dealer down there had an Azure Blue "04 at the start of the Model Year. Wonder who got that beauty? Many of them were sold on the Internet sight unseen.