PDA

View Full Version : interior upgrade?

cobralsc
08-29-2002, 01:28 PM
I ordered mine July 8. I remember being asked if I wanted the interior upgrade in which I said no. This is because I figured it was a option for GT's, I thought part of what made a Mach what it is was the interior packaging. The same guy ask which rims I wanted too, which is why I figured he was just going through the options for a GT. I have since got my Order Acceptance form which includes a list of all Standard Equipment & Options. It list that I'm getting a Chrome D-ring for the instrumentation panel, & the aluminum shifter knob. I would like to have a aluminum shift boot ring, but other than that, I think I kinda like not having the other pieces w/ the 18G package. Can I buy an after market ring or do ya'll think it's best to get it all now-- as long as I can still change my order. Sorry for long post

Walt
08-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by cobralsc
I would like to have a aluminum shift boot ring, but other than that, I think I kinda like not having the other pieces w/ the 18G package. Can I buy an after market ring or do ya'll think it's best to get it all now-- as long as I can still change my order. Sorry for long post

You don't even want the 4-way head rests? :) That is the
major attraction for me to order the package.

As to the ring, I am sure that you will be able to order
a "replacement" through the parts department once
the Mach 1 is in production. Plus, I am sure we will be
seeing OEM versions of many of this appointments
from various websites.

Five Oh B
08-29-2002, 07:18 PM
The 4-way head rests are worth the $295 alone. Trust me. My 2-way head rest in my '00 GT suck!

POLSMACH03
08-29-2002, 07:39 PM
I'll second that. The headrests in my 01 might not as well even been there. Did absolutly nothing; unless you are under 5 feet tall.

mustangchick
09-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Can someone clearly indicate what comes with the interior upgrade that doesn't come standard? I'm confused about the 4 way headrests (someone on another thread said the 4 ways come standard), aluminum vs. painted silver, etc. I was just wondering what the latest confirmed info was. Thanks!
:confused: :??:

woodchuck
09-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Mustang Chick,

There has been alot of discussion on this very topic. Not sure if there has been any resolution as of yet. At this point your best bet is to do a search on Interior Upgrade and hopefully that will give you th information you are looking for. The gentlemen who went ot the dinner with the Ford guys may have some better answers. Hope this helps.:cool:

TRMach1
09-06-2002, 10:48 AM
I had assumed all along because of the Ford press release back in April contained the following paragraph:

"The experience of sitting inside Mach 1, with its woven leather seats, is a blast from the past. The seats are covered in one-of-a-kind “comfort weave” black leather that is reminiscent to the material that was unique to the original Mach 1. The seats offer increased lateral support and four-way adjustable head restraints."

that the seats came standard with the four-way adjustable head restraints. I think if you order the Interior Upgrade Package on a V6 or GT, then the head restraints become part of the package. The rest of the interior upgrade is really gingerbread stuff, silver paint on the center stack, the Bullitt-style pedals, the door locks, shift trim ring, instrument bezel. To me it was worth the extra $295 or whatever to get it, but I could have lived without it too.

mustangchick
09-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys! :THUMBSUP:

wannabDSG
09-06-2002, 09:22 PM
The 4way head restraint is definately standard on Mach 1. So is the aluminum shift knob, regardless of IUP. It starts getting confusing from there. Some say the Mach comes standard with aluminum pedals, possibly upgraded to s/s with IUP. So if the Mach comes standard with 4way head restraint, aluminum shift knob, and aluminum pedals, all we are getting is shift bezel and painted center panel. Still trying to gather more info to decide whether or not to cancel IUP.

wannabDSG
09-06-2002, 09:26 PM
I know someone mentioned that the brochure has the wrong pic under Dealer Accessories for the double brushed aluminum gauge cluster surround. Did anyone notice the pic of the center panel? Doesnt it look different than other interior pics we have seen? Seems more silver to me.:??:

ach1
09-06-2002, 11:16 PM
The interior upgrade package should include:
Aluminum Door Lock Soldiers
Painted Center Stack Trim
Shifter Boot trim ring
Bullitt Aluminum Pedals
4 Way head rest.

This package should be available on the V6 and GT's as well (except the V6 gets the same leather shift knob that is currently on the GT, while all Mach1 get the Aluminum Shift knob)

Mach Won
09-07-2002, 12:42 AM
Sounds like your "in the know" So...
What do the auto equipt cars get? or dont get?

ach1
09-07-2002, 03:29 AM
Mach Won
Any dealership should be able to tell you what is included in the Upgrade Int Package. I was "in the know" in the early stages of the program, but now everything is just as big of a suprise to me.
I'm not sure about the Auto Trans interior package. But I would suspect everything would be the same as the manual trans.

Mach_Speed
09-07-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by ach1
The interior upgrade package should include:
Aluminum Door Lock Soldiers
Painted Center Stack Trim
Shifter Boot trim ring
Bullitt Aluminum Pedals
4 Way head rest.

This package should be available on the V6 and GT's as well (except the V6 gets the same leather shift knob that is currently on the GT, while all Mach1 get the Aluminum Shift knob)

Question:
Does anyone know if the aluminum around the gauges is part of the interior package or is that standard in-side the bullit style gauge cluster???

BULLITT680
09-07-2002, 06:16 AM
I can say that the aluminum around the gauge cluster is not part of the Bullitt package. I believe that the extra aluminum gauge trim is a dealer addition option.

Walt
09-07-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by wannabDSG
I know someone mentioned that the brochure has the wrong pic under Dealer Accessories for the double brushed aluminum gauge cluster surround. Did anyone notice the pic of the center panel? Doesnt it look different than other interior pics we have seen? Seems more silver to me.:??:

I thought it was "double brushed aluminum" too. An option
you can buy from the dealer's parts departement.

I was planning that if the silver paint of the IUP starts to
show ware, I would replace/cover it with the aluminum trim.

ach1
09-08-2002, 02:50 PM
The aluminum around the guages can't be a dealer installed option unless you replace the whole instrument cluster. I am guessing the painted cluster surround is going to be standard on all Mach1's though.

Mustang Matt
09-08-2002, 02:59 PM
you can replace the plastic around the instrument cluster.But it's also attached to the clear plastic cover that goes over the gauges.
At least that's how it is with my '98,so it's most likely the same.