PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Ultimate Mustang Shootout

281 Mach 1
06-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Does anyone have a copy of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Ultimate Mustang Shootout that shows the 2004 Cobra, Mach 1 and GT that they can sell or burn for me?

2k4mach
06-16-2004, 11:36 PM
i'd be interested in getting a copy of that as well

Jester
06-17-2004, 12:45 AM
I want one too!! Group buy!!:MADNOEL:

hawk
06-17-2004, 12:59 AM
They're only $20, Sheesh guys... :)

Pretty decent footage, but kinda amateurish production. There are also a couple commercials in there for some parts supplier (BBK or something like that). I hate paying for a video and having commercials in it...

Like I said, decent footage, but the audio kinda disappoints- not the quality so much, but thet were running at a track appparently right next to a motocross track.

Now, as a bike nut, I love the sound of a husky dirt bike winding out, but not when it drowns out the exhaust note from the car that is actually in the video. At first I thought that the car had some kinda fart-can installed, but then realized the sound didn't follow the video.

They run the GT around the circuit track, then drive it on the highway for a minute or so and then run it at the strip. Lather, rinse, repeat for the Mach 1 and the Cobra. I was kinda hoping for some head to head stuff, but everything was one at a time.

If you like Mustangs, (and assuming you do) it is worth the 20 bills to add to your collection. Not as good as I had hoped, but good enough.

Jester
06-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Well, that kinda ruined it for me...

beerformeplz
06-17-2004, 01:34 AM
Hawk do you mind if I borrow it so I can burn a copy,Ill be at haygood this saturday

hawk
06-17-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll try to remember it. I don't have a good record (forgot camera last week) ;) If not this week, definitely sometime though.

hawk
06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Jester
Well, that kinda ruined it for me...

Hey, sorry to downer ya - It's not that I didn't like it. Maybe it sounded that way. It's worth getting, since it is unique - I don't know of any other videos that have so much mustang footage that are not hollywood movies. I just figured I would post an honest review so people would know what to expect.

:)

silverbull271
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
The video is definately worth the $20.....

For you guys out there who are intrested in purchasing the video here is the link...

https://store.primediamags.com/shop/srpg/

-Yellowbull271-

Bill Hamilton
06-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by silverbull271
The video is definately worth the $20.....

For you guys out there who are intrested in purchasing the video here is the link...

https://store.primediamags.com/shop/srpg/

-Yellowbull271-

Thanks for posting that link. I had checked a few months ago on it but they were only taking orders a the time and not mailing them. I had forgotten about it till I saw your link, so I clicked on it and ordered the disk. Thanks again :THUMBSUP:

nrmustang
06-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Hey I agree with hawkpilot. IMHO the video really does kinda suck. VERY, VERY amateurish. I was actually pretty bored at one point. It seemed as though this was a video introducing the MM&FF editors rather than all out mustang action.

After every drag run, the editor on the sidelines sounded like a broken record, " oh man you had a lot of tire-spin, maybe we can run a blah, blah ET on the next run" and they never did, and they never showed the board on the last runs.

But hey, for ALL Mustang enthusiasts, its worth buying just to have a visual of the last Fox bodied Mustangs running around brand new. 2004 truly is a special year for the Mustang.:CHEERS:

HAWAIIMACH
06-17-2004, 08:45 PM
$20? Try $41!!!! I'm not happy. I live in Hawaii and they charged me $21 shipping. They sent it PARCEL POST which cost them like $3 and it took 3 weeks to get here! I'm on the phone on hold right now with Primedia, gonna find out exactly why Hawaii gets charged an extra $15. We ARE a state and the U.S. post office charges the same rate here as they do to California or Maine. Give me a break.

Chris

HAWAIIMACH
06-17-2004, 09:00 PM
I just got off the phone with some jerk from primedia. All he could say was "well, the post office charges us an additional $15 to send to Hawaii". What a bunch of crap! there is no way the post office charges a large company like primedia $15 to send a 6 oz. DVD to Hawaii. I buy from Amazon.com and the DVD's are $1.95 shipping to my door via USPS. I say BURN THOSE DVD'S!!! Besides, if it is $15, then they should charge $15 total, NOT $6 PLUS THE $15 shipping. I am burning mad right now!

Chris

machone
06-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I will sale mine, viewed once make me an offer.

281 Mach 1
06-18-2004, 12:41 AM
After the reviews... Doesn't sound all that good... How about we split the costs... You pay $10 to view it... I'll pay $10 to view it... How about I paypal you $10 plus USPS shipping...

machone
06-18-2004, 08:11 AM
sounds good.