PDA

View Full Version : MM&FF free mods

acmech
06-14-2004, 02:15 AM
Interesting article concerning snorkel, resonator, and screen removal. Interesting article to long to post much detail. They did say that screen removal caused it to run too lean but added a little power.

redwolfstang
06-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by acmech
Interesting article concerning snorkel, resonator, and screen removal. Interesting article to long to post much detail. They did say that screen removal caused it to run too lean but added a little power.

ya but nothing really to notice in the seat of your pants :(

Bill Hamilton
06-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Removing the MAF screen was never a peak power issue, it was a lower speed driveability problem. Individual cars react differently and it may have something to do with the computer's state of tune iform the factory.
:CHEERS:

Five Oh B
06-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I took the MAF screen out of my Mach 1 recently. I can't feel any difference in power, but am hoping to see a tenth of a second improvement at the local drag strip. MM&FF magazine claims 7hp and 11tq improvement, but the A/F ratio leans from 12:1 to 13:1. Two of my best friends are mechanics by trade with years of hot-rodding experience and they tell me that 13:1 isn't lean enough to worry about in a street car, so I'm gonna try it for a while.

Also, I just changed oil viscosities in the hopes of more "free" horsepower. I was running 10W30 when I went 13.13 and 13.18 in the 1/4 mile. I'm running 5W20 now, so with the MAF screen removal I'm shooting for some 13.0's next week at the track (could a 12.9 be in there somewhere???).

03 OxfordMach1
06-15-2004, 02:25 AM
I bought a copy of the MM&FF and did the same mods they did, except for the pulleys. You can look at my sig. to see the numbers after each "free" mod and I posted the A/F also. Removing the screen only changed my A/F from 11.5 to 11.8. Just thought I would post for informations sake.:THUMBSUP: