PDA

View Full Version : Order Type question ("A" vs "RET")

crash
08-29-2002, 08:52 AM
My salesperson gave me a copy of her dealer's 2003 Car Vehicle Status Report. What does an order type of "A" mean? This is how my order is listed. Also, how about "RET", I see that for another customer's Mach I.

POLSMACH03
08-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Don't know; mine says order type 1. Could ret = retail????

crash
08-29-2002, 09:09 AM
I ordered mine on the X-plan, so I'm wondering if an order type of A means a plan sale?

Mustang Matt
08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
mine says order type 1 too.

Five Oh B
08-29-2002, 10:14 AM
1 = Retail Order (special order for a customer).
2 = Dealer Stock.
A = A/D/Z Plan (Ford employee or relative).
X = X Plan (Ford partner company's employee).

crash
08-29-2002, 10:16 AM
I think your information comes from the DORA for your order. This "order type" is coming from my dealer's "2003 Car Vehicle Status Report". I was given a copy of this in lieu of a DORA. They gave me a copy of the 1 page from the report that has my order on it. On this page I can see my order plus one other Mach 1 order, plus many other Mustang and a few Taurus orders.

My dealer does not deal directly with Ford for vehicle orders (stock or retail). Instead, they employ a company in Texas that manages orders for many Ford dealerships. I wonder if this "2003 Car Vehicle Status Report" is a) an official Ford report, b) a report from this ordering company, or c) just an internal dealer report?

Anyway, I can see most orders are order type "STK" or "RTL", I see a few "5A", one "LM", and mine - "A".

Five Oh B
08-29-2002, 10:25 AM
The vehicle status report is generated weekly by Ford for each dealer and shows the order status for all retail/stock orders.

crash
08-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Good to know it is an official Ford report. Means my order is on record with Ford.

Seems though that the "order type" codes are different from the DORA codes. STK & RET seem easy enough to figure out. My order is X-Plan, wonder how that relates to the "A" order type for my order?

My salesperson, for some reason, had difficulty producing the DORA when I asked for a copy, so she gave this to me instead.

crash
08-30-2002, 07:36 AM
This from my salesperson:

"Since you ordered under the X Plan, we have to order them w/ an A to get the A Plan price so we can add 4% for your X Plan price."

Bottom line for me is that my order is showing up on an official report from Ford.