PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Fiasco

steve1173
06-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Well got back from the dealer today.
The problem of not going into 1st gear occassionally was "no problem found".
The ticking noise from the motor was said to be normal exhaust noise.
Had a defective center trim piece, the one that has the a/c vents in it, so they ordered me a new one. Well I have the upgraded interior package & this piece is more silver colored & kighter then the bottom piece with the shifter. They said it is the right piece since the tech ordered it from the # on the door. I made a stink & they said they would reorder, if they use the same # will get the same result but the service advisor said they go by the # not the model of Mach1 or interior upgrade.
Had to replace the trunk weatherstrip but the tech only did half a job I had to finish putting on the mount when I got home to check as it was only half on in some places.
Had an oil change & the tech lowered the air pressure to the 30 it should be after traveling 40 miles to get there so I guess tomorrow I will have to put some in because he took some out while hot. Spoke to then advisor while he was doing it & she said he is doing it right.
One good thing did not find any scratches from them on the car except a small nick on the bottom trim piece they had to lift off to change the defective & wrong one.

Paul Selby
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I feel your pain. So far my Mach has not gone back for anything. I hate taking cars back for work. Most of the time they break or damage something else while half *** fixing the original problem. Would rather fix crap myself or just live with it.