PDA

View Full Version : I got robbed on the dyno!!

Cdn Mach Won
06-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I took my Mach to the dyno for the first time on Wed.(Protech in Mississauga Ontario).
I was really surprized with my numbers.

299.8 whp and 322.8 ft/lbs

I was expecting around 280-290hp, so I was very happy, but the extra .2 would have made it 300whp which would have been great.
The only mods I have done are the Magnaflow X pipe with cats and a Magnaflow cat back, I even have the Ford air filter in it.
Does this make sence?

I hear the K&N filter charger gives 11-16 whp, this will be my next mod.

After going 107.91 in the qrt. on Sunday I wanted to see my numbers. I think I got a good one.:HOPPY:

Ryan:COOL:

lstpierr
06-10-2004, 05:27 PM
With those numbers, I have to assume it's a 5 speed? Did U ever baseline it stock to see what the mods gave you?

Mach 1 & M3
06-10-2004, 05:32 PM
To me, the trap speed is a lot more accurate than the dyno. And with you trapping almost 108 mph...I'd say you definitely got a good one.:THUMBSUP:

Cdn Mach Won
06-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by lstpierr
With those numbers, I have to assume it's a 5 speed? Did U ever baseline it stock to see what the mods gave you?

Yes it is a 5 speed and no this was the first time on the dyno.

Ryan

MACH1PB
06-11-2004, 08:59 PM
thats one of the best numbers for a mach with only ur mods that i've seen or heard..u have a nice one for sure...:THUMBSUP:

Mach1 w/Shaker
06-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Cdn Mach Won
I took my Mach to the dyno for the first time on Wed.(Protech in Mississauga Ontario).
I was really surprized with my numbers.

299.8 whp and 322.8 ft/lbs

I was expecting around 280-290hp, so I was very happy, but the extra .2 would have made it 300whp which would have been great.
The only mods I have done are the Magnaflow X pipe with cats and a Magnaflow cat back, I even have the Ford air filter in it.
Does this make sence?

I hear the K&N filter charger gives 11-16 whp, this will be my next mod.

After going 107.91 in the qrt. on Sunday I wanted to see my numbers. I think I got a good one.:HOPPY:

Ryan:COOL:

Are those numbers SAE? Regardless nice trap speed.

Cdn Mach Won
06-14-2004, 04:46 PM
The dyno sheet shows STD? What is the difference?

Ryan:frown:

Mach1 w/Shaker
06-14-2004, 06:56 PM
STD numbers are raw numbers, SAE are corrected to a standard temperature and pressure. Depending on your weather conditions when you dyno this can either be a big drop or a very small drop. Here is some info I found on the net about SAE Correction Factors (http://www.wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm) and remember as many people have said here the dyno is just a tuning tool,no more no less. What was your ET on that run with the 107.91MPH trap speed?

Cdn Mach Won
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Mach1 w/Shaker
STD numbers are raw numbers, SAE are corrected to a standard temperature and pressure. Depending on your weather conditions when you dyno this can either be a big drop or a very small drop. Here is some info I found on the net about SAE Correction Factors (http://www.wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm) and remember as many people have said here the dyno is just a tuning tool,no more no less. What was your ET on that run with the 107.91MPH trap speed?

The day that I dynoed my car it was 95 Deg. and verrry humid. Toronto is about 600ft above sea level. The ET on that run was 13:20 with a 2.1 60' . I called protech (where I dynoed the car), they said SAE hp would have been higher? There is a shop in our area that was dynoing cars with way to much correction, there for hp readings were way to high, so now most dyno's in Toronto use STD, so he said?

Ryan

04BlackMach
06-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Your numbers do not matter, going almost 108 mph in the quarter, you are producing quite a few ponies. :THUMBSUP: