PDA

View Full Version : Paint problem being fixed under warranty

beerformeplz
06-10-2004, 01:43 AM
I bought the 04 mach and after the dealer preped it you could see dirt or something like it embedded in the clear coat,also the orange peel was horrible.So today I took it to the dealers body ship and they contacted Ford and they decided to wet sand the whole car.Ill let you know how it turns out.

GRB60
06-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Are they going to re-clear it? Sanding removes material, no matter how well it is done. I'd push for it, but I'll be they're not planning on doing it, since it would require removal and masking of parts to be done correctly.

Medium Cool
06-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Right, the orange peel is a fairly easy fix, but sanding out junk in the paint requires, imho, repainting and/or shooting with clearcoat. Don't let let them try to BS you about this critical problem.

Orange peel is a fairly universal problem, often just an improper clearcoat application. The C5 here has meaningful orange peel, whereas, our 2002 Cavalier (that's what I said) has strikingly flawless paint.

DSG2003Mach1
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
make sure to update us..I have a couple uneven places in the paint where something is embedded in the paint under the clearcoat..but not sure if them trying to fix it will just make it worse or what

Black03RCode
06-10-2004, 10:34 PM
My Mach has been at the dealership for 2 months getting painted because of acid rain damage. They called me last week to come get it. I went to pick it up and it was terrible. Orange peel so bad I couldnt even see myslelf in the paint. Runs in the clear everywhere..they even put the stripes over the runs. There were one or two spots with dirt under the clear. I pointed out everything i saw and they agreed to fix it, but I don't know how it is going to turn out.

beerformeplz
06-10-2004, 11:38 PM
The Manager at the dealers body shop i should probably just deal with the tras in the paint as Ford will only pay for a wet sand and not a re-paint.Should I demand that they re-clear coat it?What should I do if they say no?

beerformeplz
06-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Dropped My mach off Tuesday for wet sandding and buff,cant wait till Friday to pick it up.:HOPPY:

Black03RCode
06-17-2004, 02:44 PM
I hope the shop knows what they are doing. I just got mine back yesterday from getting it painted and I took it back to the shop today. It looked terrible. Dirt in the paint, scratches everywhere; it looks like paper blew into the wet paint and put lines in it. They already wet sand and buffed it, but they missed alot. They only got the flat panels...about an inch on each sides of the body lines still has orange peel. In some places when they hardly got any paint on it...you can see right through the clear to the primer. I made a list of about the 15 things that were wrong. I hope it turns out this time.