PDA

View Full Version : Reallocation???

shaggy
08-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Got a call from my dealer today saying that they just learned that the Phoenix? region as a whole will receive only 7 Machs. Good news was that I'm #1 at their dealership which is a very high vloume stang dealer and that I get their #1. Also said that they were'nt sure how many orders may be ahead of me in the region though:( . I ordered 7/11. Do you think I should be worried? Has anyone else heard of this re-allocation? It would be cool to have just 1 of 7 though:) . With the $$$ in this town I could possibly turn around and sell it for a nice profit and get a cobra vert:)

TRMach1
08-28-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by shaggy
Got a call from my dealer today saying that they just learned that the Phoenix? region as a whole will receive only 7 Machs. Good news was that I'm #1 at their dealership which is a very high vloume stang dealer and that I get their #1. Also said that they were'nt sure how many orders may be ahead of me in the region though:( . I ordered 7/11. Do you think I should be worried? Has anyone else heard of this re-allocation? It would be cool to have just 1 of 7 though:) . With the $$$ in this town I could possibly turn around and sell it for a nice profit and get a cobra vert:)

Well that's interesting Shaggy, especially since we have another thread going elsewhere where a guy claims Ford has said they're going to produce 10,000 units instead of the original 6,500. Your post sounds like they're rationing units instead of producing more. This is enough to make your head spin. Looks like a case of information overload to me, and I really have to wonder; who's zooming who?? BTW, this is not a flame at you Shaggy, I have no reason to doubt that what you posted is what you were told. Consider that my disclaimer, some people around here have thin skins, I just want to make sure I don't embarass myself and in the process upset fellow posters.

shaggy
08-28-2002, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I wish Ford would put some real info out on their website instead of all the hearsay going on here, you don't know what to believe. If they do go to 10,000 though, there goes alot of the exclusivity.

woodchuck
08-29-2002, 12:34 AM
Could there possibbly be like 4000 to 5000 cars on order already? Is there anybody on the site that might have some insight? Thanks. :cool:

FordSeL957
08-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I can tell that the Orlando regional office is really pushing their dealers to get all of their Mach 1 allocation ordered now.
BTW Orlando region consists of 118 dealers. If all the regions are doing the same, all 6500 may be ordered. Many for dealer stock.

Julio
08-29-2002, 08:13 PM
I heard from the manager that the only way they (dealers)are going to get any mach 1's is that they have to be pre-sold
units and not to stock. It has to be entered in the computer
as a sold unit and with a name. If this true, then a dealer can
just make up a name I guess (who knows). If you guys have
ordered, just make sure the dealer has in the computer with
you name on it as a sold vehicle.

JBrandon
08-29-2002, 11:07 PM
Not sure I can agree with the comment that dealers will not receive an allocation for "stock" on the Mach 1. When I first contacted on dealer, he went ahead and ordered the car, per my specs, even though I didn't get back to him for two weeks with my decision and deposit. The DORA had come in the dealer name which he then placed into and order papers for me.

Julio
08-29-2002, 11:18 PM
Dude I'm just telling what he told me. He said this came from
the Ford rep. I would make sure they my name on the dora..

Julio
08-29-2002, 11:22 PM
By they sale alot of mustangs, already they had 2 cobra converts
and 2 coupes came and gone, 2 more conv and 3 more coupes
on the way, I have seen the vin's on the 2 coupes, and he said
Ford allocated him 5 more cobra coupes on wed.....