PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Black interior?

1MeanGT
08-28-2002, 09:16 PM
I have heard some of you say that the Mach 1 is now getting a "Midnight Black" interior instead of the Dark Charcoal Grey. Is this true? If so, HELL YEAH! One thing I love about my 98 GT is the solid black interior. I never cared too much for the light grey "Charcoal" interior.

Here's to Midnight Black :CHEERS:

Mustang Matt
08-28-2002, 09:18 PM
yeah that would be nice.
but my order confirmation still says Dark Charcoal
I would rather have black though.

POLSMACH03
08-28-2002, 09:19 PM
Looks like it according to the brochure for what it's worth. There's a picture in there and it is black.

Goona go nice with the red. OK by me!!!!!!

DWIGHT
08-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Has anyone thought that the first cars that they are using for photos and testing may have had GT interior and parts, so the real interior and other parts are in production at the manufactures

just a guess:rolleyes:

dwight

zinc yellow on order

POLSMACH03
08-28-2002, 10:57 PM
yes that's been suggested before and is probably correct if I had to take a guess.

1MeanGT
08-29-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by DWIGHT
Has anyone thought that the first cars that they are using for photos and testing may have had GT interior and parts, so the real interior and other parts are in production at the manufacturesYou're probably right. Just like the Bullitt guages they have been using on all the prototypes. :rolleyes:

Brad Mac
08-29-2002, 07:03 AM
I like the dark charcole but to tell the truth Id rather have the Midnight Black:)

falcongtho3
08-29-2002, 07:19 AM
Defininte thumb up for the Black interior, especially since it hails back to the original (69/70) Mach interior more faithfully, and yes they did other colors back then. I still wish for the red seat stripe, especially for my Torch Red car.

POLSMACH03
08-29-2002, 07:23 AM
Agreed; the black is going to look much better with our red. Also going to set off the aluminum accents nicely. As you said only miss was the exterior color stripe on the seats.

Good Morning also to you Brad Mac.

02mach1
08-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Dark charcoal and midnight black same color call "black" dark charcoal for the GT and midnight black for mach1 only differents it the seats patten and head rest;) :SMASH: :rolleyes:

Five Oh B
08-29-2002, 10:09 AM
The interior code of "AW" signifies "A" for Mach1 Comfort Weave and "W" for Dark Charcoal. The second digit is the color part of the code, and "W" is also the code for every other Mustang with Dark Charcoal (even my '00 Feature GT).

Walt
08-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 02mach1
Dark charcoal and midnight black same color call "black" dark charcoal for the GT and midnight black for mach1 only differents it the seats patten and head rest;)

I wonder if Ford is using the standard Dark Charcoal
interior pieces, but the Mach-only "comfort weave" is
black giving the entire interior a more true black
appearance overall.

BULLITT680
08-31-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by POLSMACH03
Looks like it according to the brochure for what it's worth. There's a picture in there and it is black.

Goona go nice with the red. OK by me!!!!!!

That pic of the Mach 1 interior in the brochure is the same color as the interior in my Bullitt...which is Dark Charcoal Grey...which is definitely NOT Light Grey in color.

1MeanGT
09-01-2002, 03:27 AM
Well, looks like we have confirmation that the interior is indeed "Midnight Black". (Look in the Team Mustang thread in General Discussion) There is even a pic. That is definitely BLACK, not "Dark Charcoal Grey" Wooo--hoooo!!!! :HOPPY:

1MeanGT
09-01-2002, 04:43 AM
Here is a pic from the Mach 1 brochure of the "Midnight Black"

mmmmmmm :HOPPY: :THUMBSUP: :CHEERS:

Walt
09-01-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by BULLITT680
That pic of the Mach 1 interior in the brochure is the same color as the interior in my Bullitt...which is Dark Charcoal Grey...which is definitely NOT Light Grey in color.

I think whomever produced that brochure took pictures and
played with the colors without actually understanding the
actual Mustangs.

I believe that Parchment (tan) and Med Graphic (light
grey) are the only colors which come with a two-tone
steering wheel. Dark Charcoal has a monochrome steering
wheel.

On the same pages which has the Mach 1 interior, there
is a picture of the dash. The caption says that it is the
GT Deluxe in Dark Charcoal. However, the picture shows
a two tone steering wheel.

It looks like they just took a picture of the Med Graphite
dash, darkened it a bit, and called it Dark Charcoal without
caring about the details.

If they did it there, I bet they did it with other pics too.

BULLITT680
09-01-2002, 12:27 PM
The small interior picture on the upper left of the centerfold is of a GT interior. The gauge faces are the modern style, not the '60's style that will be in the Mach 1 or IS in the Bullitt. Based on that I would just throw that pic out for any purposes of reference since it is as you say...from a GT.

The large two page spread does not actually show a two-tone steering wheel but appears to give that perception due to the way the light is reflected from the different surfaces of the steering wheel. Note that it is the correct interior as you can clearly see the Aluminum Door Lock Pulls.

Walt
09-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by BULLITT680
The large two page spread does not actually show a two-tone steering wheel but appears to give that perception due to the way the light is reflected from the different surfaces of the steering wheel.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was writing about the smaller
picture in the upper left corner. IMHO, it does show
a two-tone steering wheel even though the caption
says it represents a Dark Shadow interior (and, yes,
a GT Deluxe interior).

I was just using it as yet another example of very
poor production quality of the brochure. Basically
supporting the general feeling that other pictures
in the brochure are wrong too.

BULLITT680
09-01-2002, 07:20 PM
I agree that the brochure is an example of "misinformation" regarding the Mach 1. Too bad that Ford obviously rushed to get the Mach 1 included in the Mustang brochure.

POLSMACH03
09-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Hopefully they will rush to get us our cars as well come 10/7.