PDA

View Full Version : wreckless driving

theone
06-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Darn those police officers, always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I figured I'd share my little story with you all so you don't end up like me.

Late last night I was driving home from the race track and decided I needed to bang one last gear before I parked it for the night. I rolled off the stop light, grabbed second, hamered the gas and let the clutch out. The car drifted sideways to the right, then to the left and back to the right. I thought to myself, that was fun and about that time the blue and red lights came on behind me. Oh $%&^ was my next thought. After a 20 minute lecture about the rules of the road I got to finish my drive home with a pretty yellowish ticket known as a criminal infraction. Yee haa!

I guess the morral of the story is "get your burnouts out of your system at the track and not on the street.":frown:

MachDevilDog
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
and you lectured me about whats against the law :frown:

theone
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
i wasnt lecturing just giving pointers. and it figures that as soon as i make a stupid coment like i never break the law something like this happens. piss on me for being stupid I guess.

rtking
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Glad that you understand that it wasn't the best move to make on the street. But I think the police officer could have been a bit more lenient and given you a warning or a speeding offense (instead of the more severe reckless driving offense.)

If it were me, I would go to court on the ticket. First, write down the weather conditions last night. Was it damp? Was there moisture on the road? Then I would go to court and plead guilty, but explain that it was due to damp conditions that you lost traction. You should say that you probably could have driven a bit slower, but it caught you off guard. You're sorry for the error in judgement, admit your guilt, but it was hardly reckless driving. See if they will reduce your offense to a one-point moving violation instead of the two-point reckless driving conviction.

Bob

MachDevilDog
06-08-2004, 09:27 PM
at least I dont feel so alone anymore, I am not the only criminal driving a mach :ANGEL: Sorry you got hooked for it though. Say you missed a shift and it fishtailed. I guess it all depends on RPM too, if he saw you rev it really high (machs are typically loud at high rpm) he may not believe the bad weather conditions, most people let off the gas if they drift and dont want to. It may do you just as good to say you were wearing the wrong shoes and got the accelerator stuck to the floor taking off, dont know what to tell ya.
:confused:

Really hope you get out of this one some how.

mach1speed
06-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MachDevilDog
and you lectured me about whats against the law :frown:

Is it against the law to do a burnout on your own driveway? (i.e. private property):rolleyes:

MachDevilDog
06-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Havent tried that one in front of a copper before, but think about it if you have property and choose to ride a quad and burn out all you want or something to the effect they probably dont say anything, so why would it matter in your driveway, unless it harms someone else? your tires, your concrete, your agenda, just when it gets to the public roads they get touchy.

theone
06-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Quite a few years ago I owned a pile of crap nova and did a burnout in my driveway. Made lots of smoke. a cop pulled up with lights on and lectured me about how dangerous it is to do burnouts but since it was on my own property he couldnt tell me not too. He said the only reason he even stopped was because he thought my car was on fire.

dbsample
06-12-2004, 09:58 AM
My advise is to get a lawyer. It will be worth the cost, he can probably get the violation reduced for sure.

badjoey
06-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by dbsample
My advise is to get a lawyer. It will be worth the cost, he can probably get the violation reduced for sure.

this may cost more money in the short run,but well worth it-and if you can't afford a lawyer atleast go in front of the judge and beg for forgivness without being cocky