PDA

View Full Version : Diablo DeltaChip

M1 Stang 04
05-28-2004, 02:42 AM
I was looking at the DeltaChip and im debating on whether to buy it or not, What are your opinions on it. It seem sliek it does what its set out to do adding 10-25%hp gains.

WarpdSpazm
05-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Come on guys, chime in... I was also lead to the delta chip when i was looking at the predator. Can/do they work together or is it one or the other? I like the idea of "shift on the fly" programming. Stock tune, econo tune and "balls to the wall" tune... Yeah baby!

So please let us know if it's a good thing.

bobv
05-28-2004, 12:26 PM
i have 2 mod tunes and a stock tune you can shift between mod tunes on the fly for the stock tune you must shut the car off switch to the stock position and restart the car if you get the delta get the lighted switch so you know what tune youre in

M1 Stang 04
05-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bobv
i have 2 mod tunes and a stock tune you can shift between mod tunes on the fly for the stock tune you must shut the car off switch to the stock position and restart the car if you get the delta get the lighted switch so you know what tune youre in

what does having these other 2 tunes do? and do u recommend it? what gains do u feel.

Ralph Greene
05-28-2004, 01:13 PM
IMHO the new hand helds from Diablo and Superchips allowing ability to return to stock tune for dealer visit make chips obsolete.

04's don't even have chip ports.

JOE SMOKE
05-28-2004, 01:18 PM
:wtf: IMHO??????

bobv
05-28-2004, 02:31 PM
i have a na tune and a nitrous tune or you could have 2 na tunes
i dont know much about the hand held unit but do to the fuel mapping needed with n20 diablo told me not to get the hand held unit as far as the dealer doing warranty work i dont know you can pull the delta chip out and the dealer would have to pull you ecu to see that you opened it up with the hand held i would think the ecu would show that it was reflashed right before you took it to the dealer

FordMan
05-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JOE SMOKE
:wtf: IMHO??????

IMHO = in my honest opinion (or in my humble opinion)

Ralph Greene
05-28-2004, 02:58 PM
SCT (not the Superchip 1725 model) has a hand held you can load a tune into from dyno. Not sure which Diablo unit allows that.

But don't believe 04's allow use of any chip.