PDA

View Full Version : I now WISH the dealer wrecked my mach 1

Mikestang
04-29-2004, 10:41 PM
I took the mach 1 in for the trans issues and some warrenty work on the paint job there was a spot on the fender that was not painted and you could see primer thru the clear

I go to the dealer after they say my car was done to see it coverd in compound I mean it was a mess

The fender and the nose piece were painted and look terrible as far as a factory match the color is ok but with the rest of the car being orange peel it sticks out like a sore thum and looks like it was repainted

had I known that it would be this differnt form the finnish on the rest of the car I would have lived with the spot in the paint

I am sick over this what can i do can I make them paint the whole car due to the fact there repair stands out like a sore thumb and now has dimmished the value of my car ???

HELP !!!

HotRod
04-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I hate to hear that. You know you can go to ANY Ford dealer for repairs. If that particular dealership has a terrible collision center, then by all means, go to another dealership.
Or, you could call Ford Customer Service.;)

RAZOR Z
04-30-2004, 01:20 AM
I feel your pain man, I really do. I'm sorry but it will work out man. Just go to a different dealer I'm sure they'd be happy to charge back to ford to redo the factory flaws again, or worst case the original dealer does a better job for you, Got pics?

Mikestang
04-30-2004, 06:50 AM
the problem is the painted fender does not match the factory orange peel

04BlackMach
04-30-2004, 08:01 AM
I would call Ford Customer Service. It should be refinished, but with the same paint texture as the original. They will make arrangements for their zone rep inspect it. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

GaPonyFarm
04-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Mikestang
I took the mach 1 in for the trans issues and some warrenty work on the paint job there was a spot on the fender that was not painted and you could see primer thru the clear

I am sick over this what can i do can I make them paint the whole car due to the fact there repair stands out like a sore thumb and now has dimmished the value of my car ???

I don't think you have a diminished value claim, since it wasn't wrecked, just a paint problem. If its really obvious talk to the body shop manager and point out exactly what you have a problem with, if he balks take it to another Ford shop and talk to the body shop manager there. Then there's the usual course, general manager, Ford rep,...the usual.

substanger
04-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Should have left well enough alone! I work for a Ford dealership and mentioned your problem to our body shop head cheese. He said that it would be HIGHLY unlikely that "our" body shop would repaint the whole car JUST because the new paint didn't have the "orange peel" in it that the factory paint did. As long as the color matches, that's all they're required to do. Paint quality IS NOT....I repeat....IS NOT a Ford warranty issue. That's a local dealer issue, and if you try to take it to another dealer, they're going to look you straight in the eye and say "sir, you'll need to take it back to the dealership that did the work". That's what we do in the service department when a vehicle comes in for "additional" work on a warranty claim that another dealership is already knee deep in. I suppose that's the bad thing about the information superhiway. I'm sure 10 years ago you could have gotten away with taking it to another dealer, but now-a-days, all we gotta do is take 5 minutes, look up your VIN, and we gotcha! Good luck!

Mikestang
04-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Ok so I called ford
after that ............

well they knew I was Pretty upset and they actully cleaned the car up pretty good. They left the engine compartment a mess so i will have to re clean it

the match looks really good as far as a color match with the rest of the car cleaned it dose not look bad at all

I rally think it was due to the fact that the whole car was FILTHY and the fender was clean it really stood out

I am actully now well satisfied but when I went to pick up the car after it was finnished it did look 1000% better They used armer all on the trim so if the compound spots come back after a while I will just bring it back and make them make it right

I am not even going to canncel the check i wrote for them