PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Interest For Finned Aluminum Coil Covers?

Mach1 w/Shaker
04-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Hey Folks-

I'm trying to organize a group buy for the finned coil covers from Kar Kraft. Here is a picture: http://karkraft.com/VC_PLATES3.jpg
The regular price is $129.95 so I'm guessing the most they are going to knock off is $20, but we need a minimum of 15 people to qualify. I'm just posting this thread to see if there is enough interest to get a group buy going. The lady at Kar Kraft is supposed to get back with me on Monday with a price. BTW- Jim H. has a set on is '03. He had them powdercoated and then polished the fins and the lettering they look super sharp.

machone
04-24-2004, 06:53 PM
put me down for a set.

Mach1 w/Shaker
04-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Two down 13 more to go.

rcode99
04-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Did you get a price yet?

Mach1 w/Shaker
04-26-2004, 04:37 PM
No they haven't called me back yet, I'll try later and post up. I wish we had a "in" at Kar Kraft, so far I have been less than impressed they don't return emails or phone calls.

Mach1 w/Shaker
04-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Well I just got off the phone with Kar Kraft, talk about making a simple thing difficult. They are willing to sell them to us for $110 but they will allow only one credit card charge and one shipping address. I then tried to explain that this a website and that people are located all over the country they wouldn't budge. So here is the deal if anyone is interested, I can place the order and get them to Texas and ship them out from here at my cost which my guess is going to be around $5-10 bucks. The catch is we need a minimum of 15 people. I can do Paypal but would rather not as this is just going to add fees on top of it and then your talking about saving only $5-7 bucks. Also I won't order them until I get enough orders paid so I don't get stuck with a bunch of coil covers. I do have excellent feedback on ebay so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. If you folks don't feel good about doing this I understand. Needless to say after having to make a half dozen long distance phone calls and not getting one promised email or phone call returned I'm not very happy with Kar Kraft.