PDA

View Full Version : Just had to do it!

llcoolstang
08-26-2002, 10:50 PM
I just couldn't take it anymore! I've changed my Mach1 order to an 03 DSG Cobra. Nothing against the Mach1 and I'd still love to have one,(both is not an option) :D But, the 03 Cobra is just too sweet to pass up. I also know if I didn't do it I'd never let it go and would always be kicking myself. It truely is the closest to what I've always wanted in a Mustang.

I'm all jazzed up now, can't sleep and just had to share the info! :D :MADNOEL:

Oh yea, it also looks like I will take delivery before I would have with the Mach1. Someone backed out of their order or something. Maybe they switched to a Mach1 ;)

shaggy
08-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Nice. That was a tough decision for me, but Mach won out in the end. If I had a spare $6000 though????

woodchuck
08-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Congrats with your new order. You are not the first nor will you be the last to change your order to the COBRA.

cobralsc
08-28-2002, 06:41 PM
**** shame... just kidding. I luckily did not have to make such a choice. My girl likes the Mach 1 better, plus I will leave "well enough alone," which leaves me more money to spend on my Lincoln. If I had a Cobra, I would have to do the "bolt-ons." Can't fault someone for wanting a Cobra though.

03mach1
08-29-2002, 12:34 PM
If I had an extra $6K, I would have opted for the Cobra Also!

Good Luck and you are always welcome on this board! :)

03elanor
08-29-2002, 08:45 PM
Actually I had first looked into the Cobra but dealers in my area wanted $10,000 more than what I paid/will pay for the mach 1. Not to mention the insurance and the new exhaust. Just added up too quick. Also I love the Idea of the Shaker hood. Congrats though I still want to take one for a ride soooo bad. That has to be a fast ride.

llcoolstang
08-29-2002, 11:44 PM
The best part of all this is that we can actually make a choice between two hot stangs! This is the hottest combo in quite some time.

I could think of much worse things than trying to pick between an 03 MACH1 and 03 Cobra :D

I think FORD is finally getting back on track, lets all hope it lasts a while this time!

socalmach1
08-31-2002, 12:21 AM
It must be nice, but I prefer the Mach!:D

StangRay
08-31-2002, 08:28 AM
I too thought about the Cobra, but in the end I decided on the Mach. I heard about Cobra problems with the rear and maintenance issues because of the mods. The Ford guys in our area say that there are more issues with the Cobra than the GT.

With that said, we have no idea how reliable the Mach will be. At least it doesn't have the supercharger. I don't race, so I don't want the extra baggage that will make the car a less reliable daily driver. Don't get me wrong. I am sure when somebody picks the Cobra, they know what they need and are picking the car for their use. As somebody else mentioned earlier, it is good that there are so many choices now. And I do like to brag that Ford makes a Cobra.

Personally (I know I will get heat for this one!), I think the Mustangs really sucked from 1974 through about 1999. You have to understand something when I say this. I was raised on Mustangs in our family. Between all of us, we had a 65, 66, 67, 68, 70, and a 73. So it was real disheartening to see what they did in 1974. Oooooh the shame of it!!! Ford must have finally fired the guy that designed them during those years. I bacame ashamed of the cars and called them "Pintos." I now have pride in Mustangs again. Thanks Ford!

FL Mach 1
08-31-2002, 10:05 AM
Hey ll

congrats on getting the Cobra when it comes in you'll have to tell us just how bad *** it is. I too thought that any Mustang past a 73 wasn't really a Mustang, I have owned and still do 2 65s and one 66, until I got a 91 5.0 LX and that was just a flat out great car. Great performance from a stock Mustang and it was extremely reliable the only issues I had were with it going through alternators but I chalk that up to cheapo Discount Auto Parts alternators. That car gave me great respect for the 87 and up Mustangs. As far as Mustang IIs go I actually wouldn't mind having on and stuffing a nice 347 stroker in it. Just gotta convince the wife to let me get one. One thing to always remember about the IIs is that without them we wouldn't be talking about a 03 Mach 1.