PDA

View Full Version : Mock One

TRMach1
08-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Well I came across my first picture of a "Mock 1". Ain't that something, our cars have yet to be made and this guy is running around in a shaker-scooped GT getting all the oohhs and aahhs that we should be getting. Life just ain't fair!

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select35/garths1.JPG

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select35/garths0.JPG

WarpdSpazm
08-26-2002, 05:02 PM
the only thing high about the "output" of that car is the wheel clearance... hey mr. army shirt, would you like to take on my Mach with your mock????

and to make things worse, he bastardized what looks to be a spring feature (judging by the stipes on the hood).

03MachforMe
08-26-2002, 05:05 PM
looking thing in that pic is the owner! (Dude!) lol

I am not jealous. Our time is coming, my brothers & sisters!

-Doug :cool:

StangRay
08-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I like the color (obviously). The shaker scoop emblem is also a nice touch. Do you think somebody will make shaker scoop emblems? Personally I would like a yellow and chrome one that says "Mach 1". (yellow inside the letters with an outline of chrome) Actually, like the pattern on the top left of our message board, but with the car color (yellow) replacing the black. What do ya'all think? Are any specialty manufacturers lurking around here. This is my plug for a sticker!:D

TRMach1
08-26-2002, 05:29 PM
I already have the emblems I'm going to put on my shaker scoop sitting right here on my desk.

http://bwautoparts.com/fairlane/jpg/p31q.jpg

02mach1
08-26-2002, 06:18 PM
Good 98bgt Iwas good put on here I glad you did. that guy trick me off look how he's smling it's time get our mach1 blew him away:!!:

Mach Won
08-26-2002, 06:25 PM
What???????????

Firstever
08-26-2002, 06:31 PM
You have to play 02mach1s messages backwards then they'll make sense. His last post said "Paul is dead".....or something like that. :D

woodchuck
08-26-2002, 06:42 PM
:MADNOEL: ok

Five Oh B
08-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Geez, he's got a 2001 or 2002 GT with 2003 Mach1 Shaker, 2000 Feature GT hood stripes, 1999-2001 V6 side rocker stripes, etc. Next, he'll be installing some Cobra part on the car to really have a little of everything!

03mach1
08-26-2002, 08:00 PM
Settle down, whomever posted this on the MACH 1 Discussion, well we won't metion any names...just kidding. you opened yourself up on this one.

Anyway, The shaker has been around longer than the Mach1 intro. Classic Design Concepts has designed them for the 99-up stangs for a couple of years now. So you probably will see them on other cars.

At least he has the right color car! :D

FL Mach 1
08-26-2002, 08:54 PM
I think it is alright that guys are customizing their stangs with CDC shakers and such. That one I don't really like because it doesn't look really clean. Little to cluttered for my taste. If you have a shaker on your GT that is fine but remember you don't have a Mach. You have a GT with an aftermarket shaker. Show it off be proud but don't tell me you have a Mach cause if I look at the VIN and I can't see an R to me you are just as bad as the ricer punks and how they put type R on everthing. Just tell me its a GT with a shaker and I will say that you have a hell of a nice car.

Mustang Matt
08-26-2002, 09:20 PM
very well put FL Mach, I feel the very same way.

02mach1
08-26-2002, 09:31 PM
well put.

MustangWabbit
08-30-2002, 01:48 AM
at getting an 03 Mach 1 went up in smoke when I figured out, that even if I traded in my 01 GT (stock or currently modified), I would still need $5000 down. :( So, I opted to put a Shaker on my GT and make it.... different. The link in my sig. goes to a picture of my GT with the Shaker. It's not a Mach, but it's as close as I'll get. What do you think?

Mach 1 Pilot
08-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Another reason to go with Azure..... It will be much harder to "mock" a blue one :D Not saying it will not be done, just noting that most will not repaint a relatively new GT...... Of coure, Ford could make it easier if Azure becomes a standard color in '04 :mad:

Walt
08-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Black98GT
Ain't that something, our cars have yet to be made and this guy is running around in a shaker-scooped GT getting all the oohhs and aahhs that we should be getting. Life just ain't fair!

Actually, you are copying him. :)

He got his shaker scoop from CDC and is already riding
around with it.

Your "Mach 1" shaker scoop is from CDC too. It is just
passing through Ford's hands first.

Since he is the "first on the block with it", he really
deserves the oohhs and aahhs. When you get
yours, he can rightfully so call you (and Ford) the copycat.

:)

FL Mach 1
08-30-2002, 07:59 PM
MustangWabbit,

I take it the one in the avatar is yours. Nice car. You said it was a Mustang GT with a shaker. You're fine by me cause you didn't call it a Mach. If I couldn't afford to buy a Mach I probably would do something like yours. Aren't we all really copying the 69/70 Machs??????? And since Ford made those its fine that they copy their own stuff. Like I said earlier a shaker on a GT is fine by me but calling a shaker on GT a "Mach 1" is gonna irritate me. Its your car its your money its not a Mach 1.

Grey1
08-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Walt- what makes you so sure CDC is selling to Ford? Their system doesn't look anything like Ford's.

MidLifeC
08-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Ford does use the CDC shaker. Confirmed by Living Legends tour manager when the show was in Detroit.

socalmach1
08-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Look just buy the real deal or keep your GT clean, people are going to bug you and say your Mustang is phoney!
I just don't want to see you made a fool.

socalmach1
08-31-2002, 12:17 AM
I had to reply a second time, those remarks are really good!:MADNOEL: :SMASH: :SMASH: :SMASH:

MustangWabbit
08-31-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by socalmach1
Look just buy the real deal or keep your GT clean, people are going to bug you and say your Mustang is phoney!
I just don't want to see you made a fool.

Actually, I've gotten nothing but good comments. In fact, I tell people that the 03 Mach 1 has the "better" version of the scoop, and is worth the money. I just can't afford one. Besides, the Mach 1 was not the only car with a Shaker Scoop... I seem to remember seeing a couple Boss 302's with a Shaker as well. Either way it only matters that we drive 'Stangs and love them enough to put our personal touches on them, eh? :D

Vroom Vroom!

Walt
08-31-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Grey1
Walt- what makes you so sure CDC is selling to Ford? Their system doesn't look anything like Ford's.

Take a closer look and you will see that they are nearly identical.

Matter of fact, CDC doesn't hide the fact that they are the
vendor for Ford on the Mach 1.

The only major difference between the kit from CDC and
a Mach 1, is that CDC has a piece which you add onto the
GT's hood. On the Mach 1, Ford integrated it yielding a
similar looking, but one piece hood.

Ford did tweak a few pieces of the CDC, like the design
of the air tube, but CDC will be folding those changes
back into its own kits soon.

03MachforMe
08-31-2002, 08:52 AM
was first back in the day, but Ford weas not the only manufacturer to use shaker hoods either.

All I know/care about is that I will have an R in my VIN. :D

03mach1
08-31-2002, 09:04 AM
I know CDC is the supplier for Ford on the shaker, I know George Huissman personally, The owner of CDC, I talked to him at Carlisle many times in the past 5 years and have bought many products from him. He said he had 1 or 2 Mach 1 prototypes in his shop for testing and design purposes.

He said he had quite a few items for the Mach that Ford didn't buy into, and we may see them soon.!! I will see if he has any available soon.

falcongtho3
08-31-2002, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03MachforMe
[B]was first back in the day, but Ford weas not the only manufacturer to use shaker hoods either.

Pontiac did the first 'Shaker' on a OHC 6 cyl. Firebird prototype show car, in around '68. Ford did the first production type with the Mustang and the Torino. Plymouth followed suit, as any fan of 'Nash Bridges' can tell you. But Pontiac came back in '70 1/2 with theirs on the second generation Trans Am, lasting until the demise of that chassis in '81. Ford of Australia did it on their Falcon GT HO Phase 3 in '71 (see screen name), and the car was nicknamed 'the Shaker'. Too cool.

MustangWabbit
08-31-2002, 10:12 PM
I'm looking in my Mustang Times, Feb.2002, and inside is a picture of a Grabber Yellow Boss 302 with Shaker, and on the cover is a Black Sports Roof with a Shaker. Too cool!

The main difference I have noticed from the CDC Shaker I have, and the 03 Mach 1's, is that mine doesn't have a flapper/door or anything like that. Just "natural" ram air. It would be interesting to find out the difference in HP between the two.

Does anyone know what logo/writing is on the side of the '69-'70 shakers? I have never seen any close up. :(

Someone I knew in the Army had a '79 T/A, and his "Shaker" didn't shake. I think it was bolted down... Only Ford Mustangs have the real deal. BTW: CDC is working on Shakers for Bullitts, and V6 Ponys. I can see the Bullitt, but a V6?:confused:

falcongtho3
09-01-2002, 08:27 AM
All T/A shakers were the real deal, and mounted to the air cleaner assy., it was very common to have to mount the shaker directly to the hood if any mods were done to the intake or carb as this often changed the relationship of the air cleaner to the hood and therefore the shaker either wouldn't stick through the hood or was too high and had to be modified, the early cars had functional shakers with opening soleniods like the Mach, the gov't later came up with some new rule that caused Pontiac to close them off,though they are easy to be made funtional. The '69/'70 Mustang Shakers on non-boss cars had either engine size emblems (351,390,428) that were rectangular, or 'Cobra Jet' script in the case of the 428 cars. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some 428 cars had one, the other, or both as can be seen in some factory promo shots. My Mach will get the Cobra Jet script...when it finally gets here, that's my only planned mod.

StangRay
09-01-2002, 12:04 PM
If you were to put the Cobra Jet logo on your Mach 1, wouldn't that be an incorrect statement to make about your car? From what I can gather, the Mach 1 has its own unique set of heads that are not Cobra heads (although they seem similar). The Mach 1 is also built significantly different than a Cobra Mustang. I think the emblem would look cool, but it might get a lot of real Cobra owners pissed at you for implying that you have a Cobra Mustang. Don't get me wrong, we will all do things to our Mach 1s to make them even more cool and everyone is entitled to there own "mods." It just seems to me that maybe you really don't want a Mach 1, but rather a Cobra? Are you settling for some reason (cost especially)?

I hope you don't take this post wrong. Personally I think your emblem looks real nice and I hope I can get something that looks as nice that will reflect what I really have under the hood or about the Mach 1. I am mainly curious why you would put the Cobra logo on a non-Cobra Mustang.

BULLITT680
09-01-2002, 12:16 PM
The "Cobra Jet" issue shouldn't PO the Cobra boys as the Cobra Jet really has no tie to them unless you're referring to the early Shelby Cobras. Those Cobras did utilize the 428 Cobra Jet engine.

jordanvraptor
09-01-2002, 05:44 PM
If you didn't like the yellow one, you'll probably hate mine. It is a 2000 GT automatic with Mach 1 emblems all around along with the black scoop and spoiler. Please be kind as mine was created in order to promote the concept of the Mach 1 so that Ford would produce it. I've taken it to local shows since late last year and have recieved nothing but compliments. I always explain it is only a concept and show car dedicated to promoting a real production version. I just put "bullitt" style scoop covers which I think look much better that the 2000 scoops that were on it earlier.

Here something funny. As recently as one month ago, I took my car into the local dealerships and they either thought it was the production car or didn't know Ford was going to be producing one......Confidence inspiring huh? I will probably remove the emblems once I see a real Mach 1 on the street. I don't care for the GT emblems so I will come up with a new concept. Don't worry I won't call it a "BOSS". "Boss 281" just doesn't sound right anyway.....I wish I could afford a new 03 Mach 1 but, I figure I did my part in promoting the concept, now you all do yours in owning and enjoying them.......

Here is the link to my site with pics of my car and other Mustangs.

http://www.jordanvraptor.corral.net

falcongtho3
09-01-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by StangRay
If you were to put the Cobra Jet logo on your Mach 1, wouldn't that be an incorrect statement to make about your car?

I hope you don't take this post wrong. Personally I think your emblem looks real nice and I hope I can get something that looks as nice that will reflect what I really have under the hood or about the Mach 1. I am mainly curious why you would put the Cobra logo on a non-Cobra Mustang.

No offense taken, and good point made. My own reasons for putting them on the Mach Shaker are, of course, personal preference. I have no intentions of mis-representing my car as a Cobra. Mis-represented cars for finacial gain are a huse peeve of mine, there is a "'67 Shelby" locally that is in fact a moderately well done reproduction. The owner of this car truly believes he has a real Shelby, and probably paid for it. The 'CJ' logos are more a hommage to the car we are truly paying tribute to, the '69/'70 Mach 1. I put a Shelby logo on the deck lid of my '01 GT, but if anyone asks the first thing I tell them is that it only for show and not a Shelby. (Boy have I been asked that question a zillion times by "experts"). I am not one to do extensive mods to the car and since this is a 'factory' emblem, I sleep well at night. I try to keep all my cars as stock as possible, and besides I have had these things for 15 years, I need to do something with them!

woodchuck
09-03-2002, 09:09 AM
A... isn't the Mach I motor an improved older model year Cobra motor? I say put what ever you want on your car. You desereve to once you take delivery and go into debt or pay it off with cash. I can't wait to see the 03 Cobra hood on a six cylinder 04 1/2 mustang. Ford does it why can't we do it a little earlier than OEM.

jordanvraptor
09-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Interesting that you should say that about Cobra hoods, Woodchuck. I was down at my local dealer and saw a new 03 base six cylinder Mustang with the hood from the 2001 Cobras.

Mustang Matt
09-03-2002, 10:01 AM
I think the 03 V-6 hood is from the 99 Cobra not 01.

02mach1
09-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Your right, it is from the 99 Cobra;)

Concep"R"
09-03-2002, 04:30 PM
I have the CJ scripts for my new mach as well, mostly a nostalgia thing. How about Roush emblems? If Roush played a part in development of the mach powertrain, what about that? hummm..

02mach1
09-03-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Concep"R"
I have the CJ scripts for my new mach as well, mostly a nostalgia thing. How about Roush emblems? If Roush played a part in development of the mach powertrain, what about that? hummm..

No, Roush emblems on Mach1 , Jack Roush did the motor part of the Mach1 , he work the hp part of the Mach1.;)

Walt
09-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by 02mach1
Jack Roush did the motor part of the Mach1 , he work the hp part of the Mach1.;)

And that, all my itself, is the big plus of the Mach 1.

The shaker scoop from CDC is nice, but mostly just for
looks. The engine sitting under the shaker is where
the heart and soul of the Mach 1 lives.