PDA

View Full Version : Hi

1MeanGT
04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted here. To give you an idea how long, last time I checked the board, there was no such thing as a 2004 Mach 1. I stopped posting after a bad experience with a dealer while trying to purchase one of the first Mach 1s. After seeing a beautiful orange Mach in a parking lot the other day, it jogged my memory and made me remember how much I loved this car. :cool:

Maybe some of the people that have been around since the beginning will remember me. ;)

Anyway, I am now curious about the Machs once again. I know I could search for hours, but if some of you could just sum up a few things for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1) What are some known problems with the Machs? I heard about ticking? Is that it?

2) When I was in the market, people were paying MSRP, and the dealers were treating me like crap. Now that these aren't limited to one year, I would assume an average joe like myself could get one at a decent price? Like say, $500 over invoice?

Anything else you'd like to throw in would be great. Now I have to decide between Orange and DSG. Hmmm.... :COOL:

Mach1Penguin
04-04-2004, 05:11 PM
$500 over invoice? :confused: There is currently a $3000 cash rebate or 0% financing...it's right on Ford's site.

Good luck finding one, they are quickly disappearing from the dealers in my area, and with those kind of discounts it's hardly a surprise :D

machwal
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Hey,
Besides the ticking, there were some problems with paint, rust underneath (exhaust mostly), and shutdown at high speeds, among a slew of TSBs.
Thankfully, I've none of the above and am at 13k.
You should search thoroghly and decide.

I think you'll find most people are still thrilled with it, once their various issues get worked out.

And you should be able to get a good price - others here have, though I bought when you were looking, and was lucky to get 1750 off msrp.

Get two or three dealers to compete. Start online. Edmunds.com or vehix. Put in your zip, and watch the dealers start calling you. Be willing to drive 50 miles, and you can get a good price, maybe even rebate!

GET ONE!

00GT
04-04-2004, 05:36 PM
some have the tick,some have the 1st to 2nd grind in cold

i wouldnt worry about rusted exhuast:rolleyes:

1MeanGT
04-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by machwal
Get two or three dealers to compete. Start online. Edmunds.com or vehix. Put in your zip, and watch the dealers start calling you. Be willing to drive 50 miles, and you can get a good price, maybe even rebate! Novato? Isn't that over in Marin county? I think my idol lives there.... :D

Yeah I just checked Edmunds, they said I could get $2000 off MSRP along with the $3000 rebate, bringing the price down to roughly $25k. If so, that is great.

Five Oh B
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
1MeanGT, welcome back! I've been here since day one, and finally bought an '03 Mach 1 six months ago. Love it! Our dealership sold out of all new 2004 Mach 1's already, and there's no more coming. I'm sure other dealers are in this boat, too. We received all eight back in October. We sold our first two at MSRP (no rebates back then), the next three at around $2K off MSRP minus the rebate, and sold the last three at invoice minus the rebate. Now that they are disappearing, it may be harder to find them close to invoice, but that should be your goal. Currently, there's a $3,000 factory rebate, so a price in the $24,500 to $25,000 range after rebate would be about right for a 5-speed car.

Good luck!

1MeanGT
04-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Ahh, Five Oh B, great to see that you're still around! Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. :CHEERS:

How has your Mach been treating you so far?

FL Mach 1
04-05-2004, 06:08 PM
I was wondering what happened to 1meanGT. Haven't seen you for quite a while. Welcome back and hope you find an 04 and get a good deal on it.

We haven't had any major issues with ours just the seat squeak which is easily fixed and the a/c hose banged the firewall and had to have some additional restrainsts added. Nothing big though.

00GT
04-05-2004, 07:36 PM
theres 6 new ones at dealers in my area

cono
04-05-2004, 07:42 PM
No problems with mine, but its brand new.

Better hurry if you want one, early bird catched the worm. Give it another month...two at the most and bobs your uncle...all gone! :eek:

Enjoy if you decide to get in with us!:COOL:

SSmith440
04-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Hi; I have had zero issues with my 2004 Mach1. No shut down and I was doing 120+ The rear end in mine is painted black some front end suspension parts are rusty but just surface rust. Auto slams decent into second and all other shifts are firm and crisp also respectable on fuel mileage-provided I keep off it. Came with a COBRA air bag cover on the steering wheel but big woo. I like it that way. No squeeks,no rattles,no nothing,no ticks ect... Got 3,000 cash back from Ford. I am quite happy to be in the Ford camp these days. :-) Scott
SSmith440@hotmail.com

Shaker Dan
04-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Welcome back. I believe you were around before I got here.

If you have problems finding one, come to Indy. There is a dealer right by my house that has a yellow one and an orange one so no fear. And yes, you can get them a lot cheaper now.

I would not trade this car for anything. It has been my favorite car so far. The fit and finish leaves a little to desire but the pure Muscle Car feel in a civilized vehicle is something that everyone should experience. There are a few problems that people have had. I would still live with all the problems people have had than be without this car. And as long as warranty pays it off, I am happy.

1WiCKEDMach
04-08-2004, 05:39 AM
There are a few left here in cali, and they are going cheap. I got mine out the door for under 24K. Less than some GT's