PDA

View Full Version : superchops/ diablo micro tuners

jv7
04-03-2004, 11:33 PM
has anyone used these instead of a chip to tweak there cars a little? I ordered a yellow 04' mach 1 auto and am wondering if these are a good investment.

MAC[H]Z
04-04-2004, 01:07 AM
The diablo predator isn't out yet but a ton of people on the board are in a group buy waiting for it to be released.. A few people on here do have the superchip tuner though so hopefully they will chime in with some info for you...

And welcome to the site...:CHEERS:

meathead
04-04-2004, 03:51 AM
I picked up a Superchips 1725 tuner off of E-bay for $270. I got tired of waiting for the Diablo unit and took a chance on Superchips. So far I'm real pleased with it. I'm running the Superchips tuning program, also corrected the speedo for the 4.10 gears, firmed up the shifts, bumped the shift points, and set the fan to turn on sooner. It's a piece of cake to use, and it will also read and clear the DTC's from your car.

Bill Hamilton
04-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by meathead
I picked up a Superchips 1725 tuner off of E-bay for $270. I got tired of waiting for the Diablo unit and took a chance on Superchips. So far I'm real pleased with it. I'm running the Superchips tuning program, also corrected the speedo for the 4.10 gears, firmed up the shifts, bumped the shift points, and set the fan to turn on sooner. It's a piece of cake to use, and it will also read and clear the DTC's from your car.

I had given the Superchips tuner some thought, but with a 5-speed and keeping my stock gears, I don't see it doing a whole lot for me. Any opinions? :confused:

'70 Vert
04-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Bill Hamilton
I had given the Superchips tuner some thought, but with a 5-speed and keeping my stock gears, I don't see it doing a whole lot for me. Any opinions? :confused:

Weren't some people getting about the same HP gains by just using a Steeda timing adjuster?

I think those handheld tuners mostly adjust the timing curve and maybe modify the fuel injector pulse width a bit. Probably worth a try if you could pick up 20 or so HP. The code reader and speedo correction is a nice feature, too.