PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this? Another wrecked Mach

BigRed
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I only know whats posted in the thread.....
http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194347
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3503/2.1.4tank_0141.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3503/2.1.4tank_0161.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3503/2.1.4tank_0181.jpg

rudejohn
04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow I hope everyone from that wreck is okay. From the interior pic, it looks like the cockpit held up fairly well in the wreck... which eases my mind a little...

RJ

terre4.6
04-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Notice the air bags never opened? That's not good.

MAC[H]Z
04-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bricktop
It was a rollover, not a frontal impact.

yeah but the front is toast too.....

BigRed
04-02-2004, 11:09 AM
I rolled my first car, a 98 Grand Am, with similar results....actually, lets just say I "flipped"...never actually rolled on the ground, just landed on the roof

http://www.geocities.com/tackleme/crash.html

http://www.angelfire.com/md3/bigred/Scan1.JPG
http://www.angelfire.com/md3/bigred/Scan2.JPG

crash
04-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Boy, with all these wrecked Mach's, my insurance is going to to go up!

PRDUBYA
04-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Boy, with all these wrecked Mach's, my insurance is going to to go up!

Yeah, but the rarity is increasing too!;)

Paul

indianpete
04-02-2004, 11:38 AM
that white mach has mass tags on it.......

where was that pic taken?? anyone know??

wdwrdcrzr
04-02-2004, 11:46 AM
looks more like a tree or something fell on it. I know the front bumper cover is removed. But the towing service may have done this. If you look at the pics there doesnt appear to be damage to the raditor core support or front bumper support.

5Liter
04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
This is why it is nice to have a "winter beater" that is FWD or 4x4...having an alternative mode of transportation is NOT all about conserving mileage ;)

MAC[H]Z
04-02-2004, 12:22 PM
You missed it. A frontal impact would've deployed the airbags, not a rollover.

I understand that, but the hood and quarter on the front pass side looks like it was hit also...I know it wasn't hit directly in the front but I thought the airbags would deploy on a low impact to the front??

medicmatt
04-02-2004, 12:30 PM
You missed it. A frontal impact would've deployed the airbags, not a rollover.
I have seen airbags deploy with a lot loss force. It took a great deal of energy to do that kind of damage.
Still, as long as a seat belt was used, they should be fine.
The car is a different story:frown:

medicmatt
04-02-2004, 12:45 PM
The force has to be frontal impact and this wasn't a frontal impact collision.
Granted, most of the damage is located near the cabin. The front bumper that is now sitting on the windshield tells me there was some impact. I guess they must have missed the triggers.

MAC[H]Z
04-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by medicmatt
Granted, most of the damage is located near the cabin. The front bumper that is now sitting on the windshield tells me there was some impact. I guess they must have missed the triggers.

I agree there had to be some impact in the front and with some of the stories of people bumping into people in parking lots and deploying the air bag, I would think there would have been enough impact here...

I'm just curious...... if you follow the link I think you can see there had to be an impact to the front..

5Liter
04-02-2004, 01:11 PM
MACHZ,

I see what you are referring to...the dent in the passenger side of the front bumper. From what I can see (which is not much), not enough damage to set off the airbags. To the best of my knowledge, before the 2003/04 model year all manufacturers were required to utilize the second generation airbags, which are not as trigger happy nor dangerous as the 1st gen specimens.

MAC[H]Z
04-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Uh, no. The structure in the front end is intact, but the plastic front bumper broke loose from the mountings. A frontal impact doesn't have to occur for that to happen.

Well I would have to disagree.... With the rip in the bumper, both front quarter panels damaged, and the hood I think there had to be some sort of impact on the nose of the car...I'm not saying it was a front impact but maybe in the roll at some point something contacted the front (ditch maybe?)

But like someone else said maybe it just didn't hit the contacts...

MAC[H]Z
04-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Miss Mustang
MACHZ,

I see what you are referring to...the dent in the passenger side of the front bumper. From what I can see (which is not much), not enough damage to set off the airbags. To the best of my knowledge, before the 2003/04 model year all manufacturers were required to utilize the second generation airbags, which are not as trigger happy nor dangerous as the 1st gen specimens.

Ok thanks....

5Liter
04-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm just guessing :) It's hard to tell from pics alone, especially pics with the car so crowded in.

That red GT looks really nice with the Mach wheels too :THUMBSUP:

indianpete
04-02-2004, 01:31 PM
thats all ok...BUT...

WHERE THE HELL IS THE CAR???

(need to pillage!!)

:D

03mach69mach
04-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Some of the damage that you see to this car may have come from the recovery of the car from where ever it ended up. The front bumper may have been damaged that way. If it was on it's top, then the quarters/sides may have gotten damaged when it was rolled over. Also, if it was on it's top and the engine was running, it is toast. The oil would not get picked up by the oil pump and the engine would run without oil on the main bearings. That may also explain why there is a lot of damage without airbag deployment.

POLSMACH03
04-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes I am curious too. I don't know of any whites in Ma. Also note car has bullitt wheels.............

5Liter
04-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by POLSMACH03
Also note car has bullitt wheels.............

If you read the MW thread, it says that the Mach wheels were swapped for the GT wheels off of a friend's car...

BigRed
04-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 03mach69mach
Also, if it was on it's top and the engine was running, it is toast. The oil would not get picked up by the oil pump and the engine would run without oil on the main bearings. That may also explain why there is a lot of damage without airbag deployment.

There's a nice little feature, at least there was on my Pontiac, the engine shut itself off as soon as I landed......yet I still turned the ignition off and took my keys out...haha

Redline
04-02-2004, 03:55 PM
We had a wrecked mach at our dealership. What was weird was it looked like it landed on the roof, but the car was BRAND new with stickers and everything and i would of known uf someone from our dealership did it. A BRAND NEW mach1 ruined. Oh well at least it was an automatic.

NightOfTheCow
04-02-2004, 06:24 PM
It says in the link that he hit black ice... the front bumper DID impact. You can clearly see where. My GT had the same damage to the bumper on a front impact, and the airbags did not deploy. There's a sensor that'll shut off your fuel if you have a hard enough impact or rollover. By the looks of it, when he hit the ice, he turned right, hit something low and it forced his car up.

People can't drive for crap when it rains here in Vegas. The roads are slick as hell and when it does rain, you'll spin your tires barely tapping the gas. I saw a nice accident a little while ago. Some SUV spin around and slammed into a brick wall (back left hit the wall) and knocked 15 feet of a brick wall down. Nearly ripped the tire off too.