PDA

View Full Version : 04 Red 5spd Enterprise Alabama

G
03-16-2004, 10:38 PM
This is not my car. It was a trade-in at Outlet Rental Car Sales in Enterprise, AL.

It has 8500 miles and is not as clean as it could be. I think given a weekend I could have it looking sharp again. It has VIN 151410 and I didn't raise the hood but I looked for the common anomalies from the factory (Cobra airbag cover, no strips, Cobra bumper cover, etc); none found.

The ASKING price was $24,500 but I'm sure this car can be had for much less. It is listed at outletauto.com as a 2004 GT but if you look at the vin it is obviously a Mach 1. The latest online price is $22,975. Ask for Frank Loff.

I sure would hate to see a teenager in this car. I have no other interest in this car. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to get a digital photo to post or send. It looks like every other stock red Mach 1.

LincMercLover
03-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by geoffav
I sure would hate to see a teenager in this car...

That's pretty rude... WTF is wrong with a teenager owning it? I'm 19 and am working my *** of to get an 04 Comp Orange right now because I love the Mach 1! Ya :concerned

:anger:

G
03-17-2004, 11:54 PM
If you look around you know who I'm talking about. If you're a hard-working responsible 19 year old who loves cars, I ain't talking about you. I drive either a 70 Z28, 03 Cobra, 02 GT, or my Red Mach1 more then I drive our family cars and it's rare to get to work without having someone treat a stop light like a Pro Tree. Most of the time, that someone is very young, younger than you.

The blk Mach1 which I posted the same day as the thread you responded to was returned to the dealer because it was in a police chase that thankfully ended with no damage or injury. It had a teenager at the wheel. These are the people that cause insurance for young people to be so high. My son (21) is the owner of the 03 Cobra mentioned above, he works full time and is a full time college student. His insurance is nearly as high as the car payment, when I (45) owned the same car the insurance was 1/3 as high. We both have spotless driving records but because he is young he pays for the irresponsibility of the people we don't want to see in a 300+ HP car.

I apologize for lumping all teenagers into one wild and reckless group, that may have been a bad assumption on my part. The statistics do support that position and I think if you are as responsible as my son, I wish you luck.

My initial response to your reply would have been a little different if I had responded right away. I can appreciate your position and admire your passion. It would have been better if you had made a case without "WTF", "***", and that smily being used. Try treating us old guys with a little respect, I could have flamed you right back but that wouldn't do anybody any good.

LincMercLover
03-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, I appreciate your responce. Sorry for the hostility, but I've never taken well to being lumped in with the stereotypical teenager, cause I'm not that person. And a lot of my friends aren't that way either. Anyway... no harm no foul. Mach on! :THUMBSUP:

G
03-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, I understood your tone and remember my younger days. I post these car locations for guys like you.

I like the orange more than red, I couldn't find one. My Z28 is hugger orange with black strips, everyone loves it. Good luck.