PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner that Works

MOMach1
11-27-2002, 07:42 PM
I was getting the GT ready for trade in (very soon I hope) and spent way too much time on the glass. I know about newsprint and have tried some of the cleaners but...

Has anyone found a glass cleaner or polish that really works? No streaks, first time, etc.?

Thanks

69mach03
11-27-2002, 08:17 PM
Excellent question. The only fact that I've found through glass cleaning is temperature. Regardless of what brand/type glass cleaner, the temperature and sunlight directed upon the car is what makes a difference. I always park my car in the shade to cool the glass before I clean them. Furthermore, my efforts result in minimal streaking.

However, a specific glass cleaner that stands higher over the competition? I've yet to find. :rolleyes:

Vegas Mach1
11-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Invisible Glass in an aerosol can, has worked really well for me. This is all I use and the newprint. It cuts through the film pretty good without streaks.

cobrajg
11-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Eagle1 20/20 (http://www.eagleone.com/products/products.asp?catid=5007&itemid=1087) Glass Cleaner and a 100% cotton towel, works great.

MOMach1
12-04-2002, 10:56 AM
I couldn't find either around here but Invisible Glass had a website with a 3 can package and free cloths so I ordered one.

Just as a side note, the "new paint package" arrived from Mequiar's and I am very pleased, everything was high quality and they threw in lots of samples not mentioned on the web site. Although it's getting a little sad looking at all this stuff but still waiting on the car to use it on :(