PDA

View Full Version : Ford parts prices

MidLifeC
08-24-2002, 05:47 PM
Julio,

Can you research how much Ford sells the T56 and T3650 (Mustang GT should suffice) for? Wholesale price. Also, what are the price differences if different part numbers on GT and '03 Cobra?

When we get the numbers back it will be time to start a new poll: Would you pay $XXX more for a 6 speed in your Mach? Hopefully send a message to Ford that people want the 6 speed.

TRMach1
08-24-2002, 06:12 PM
MidlifeC, no flames are intended here, but don't you think you're starting to go overboard with some of this stuff? Lets have a 6-speed, hey how about a S/C, we need 4.10 gears. This a Mach1. It is an upgrade option to a Mustang GT Premium coupe, it's not a Cobra! By the time you get done adding all this stuff to the car what have you got? A Cobra with a shaker hood and a price tag to match! In those immortal words of The Beatles, LET IT BE.

Five Oh B
08-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Just my opinion, but you really only need the extra gears for torque multiplication in an underpowered car (or if you're using the last couple gears as overdrives for fuel economy like in the Corvette, Camaro, Firebird).

Really powerful cars don't need the extra torque multiplication. That's why the 2-speed powerglide GM tranny is so popular in Super Comp cars.

2003 Cobra owners are already telling me that 6 speeds isn't really as necessary as they thought it would be, especially since each gear blazes by so quickly with the extra 100hp this year. The 6 speed box does help in the 170hp SVT Focus, though, in my opinion.

Julio
08-24-2002, 08:51 PM
I will check for you but I woud not put 03 cobra t56 in
a Mach unless you put a blower on it (gear ratios), I would
go with the 00 cobra r t56 for the mach if you wanted a 6-speed.:)

MidLifeC
08-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Actually guys, my idea was to gauge how much interest there was in the 6 speed. If Julio compared the price difference, we could get a rough idea how much it cost. If you get enough support who knows? But, obviously if I'm the only one interested, than forget checking the prices. Again, I was thinking factory option.

If a 6 speed, if it's for underpowered cars, why do GM F body, Corvettes, Viper, and '03 Cobra have it? Is it strength alone?

No flame intended, no flame taken. Just my thought process.

TRMach1
08-25-2002, 12:02 AM
Check the first line of Five Oh B's response above for the answer to your question.:THUMBSUP:

Mach Won
08-25-2002, 01:11 AM
are we looking to change mach production to 6 speed ? if so i think its too late for that.
Or are we poking around for BOSS ideas.
My thoughts are(if they make a boss) it will be a mach with a 6 speed only, the correct stripes and maybe an IRS.

TRMach1
08-25-2002, 03:42 PM
I doubt very much you will see Ford produce what is essentially a "Cobra Jr." They are going to keep at least six degrees of separation between the Cobra and whatever is next in line on the food chain. If a Boss is produced, it will most likely be a Premium GT upgrade just like the Bullitt and Mach 1 before it, IMHO.

Tomcat427
08-25-2002, 04:29 PM
I will be driving a lot of highway miles when I do drive it as a daily car. (I am keeping my Grand Prix GT for that reason.)

I would have liked to have had a 6-speed for the highway.

socalmach1
09-22-2002, 02:49 AM
me too....

Mach_Speed
09-22-2002, 04:18 AM
The T-56 is not just an extra overdrive, STRENGTH! For those that are going to modify there Mach 1, once you put on a supercharger and are making over 450+HP to the rear wheels, will the 3650 last? As with the T-45, the 3650 isn't much stronger!

Don't forget the T-56 is one heavy some-a-bia!

1MeanGT
09-22-2002, 04:32 PM
I'll keep my TR-3650 thank you!!!! :!!:

socalmach1
09-22-2002, 07:57 PM
These parts you guys are talking about, do you guys install them yourself or have a shop do it for you?

Mach_Speed
09-23-2002, 10:31 AM
The only things I won't install myself are gears, long tube headers, and a supercharger! Everything else is your truely!

I have had to many bad things happen and have heard a lot worse horror stories! Besides, what is the point in modifying it, or making it faster if you are just going to pay someone else to do it??? That takes all the fun out of it!:SMASH:

Kiddnewt
05-13-2004, 12:45 AM
This is an old thread, but it's exactly what I was looking for. They're going to replace my POS 3650. They have yet to order it though... Anyway, the cost was 3600 bucks (says the guy to the tech at the parts counter...) and it looks like ford racing sells the T-56 from the Cobra-R (M-7003-F) for $2675. It says "Requires 1.5' shorter driveshaft, modified crossmember/transmount and other minor modifications"... but I wonder what that stuff would cost, and where you would find it?

Most of all... I wonder if they would put a T56 in there instead of another 3650??

Ideas anyone?

:CHEERS:

KaPPaBaLL
09-03-2004, 03:24 PM
So how much rwhp/rwtq can a Tremec 3650 handle in the mach 1? I was looking into buying a mach 1 and supercharging it. Lots of GT guys SC and are fine with their T-45's or 3650's.

Another question. How much rwhp/rwtq can a Mach 1 shortblock handle??