PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Times (MCA Magazine Oct 2014 Issue)

Bill Hamilton
10-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Registry's good friend and long time editor of Mustang Monthly Magazine, Donald Farr, is now the editor of the MCA's official monthly publications Mustang Times. Although he wasn't able to make our annual BBQ this last June he still printed one of the pictures I took there. Below is a picture of our "Mach 1 Shaker Cake" made by M1R member Dean Smith's son's cake business, M.A.D. Crafted Cakes.

Also in this issue were TWO letters in another M1R good friend, John Clor's column, from our very own Tony Alonza "complaining" and trying to bribe John to get his new 2015 Mustang early (LOL). Good try Tony, but now get back in line. ;)

If you're not a member of the Mustang Club of America (MCA) you're missing a nice magazine each month as even our Mach 1 "Father", Scott Hoag, is a contributing monthly columnist also.

Smith
10-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Registry's good friend and long time editor of Mustang Monthly Magazine, Donald Farr, is now the editor of the MCA's official monthly publications Mustang Times. Although he wasn't able to make our annual BBQ this last June he still printed one of the pictures I took there. Below is a picture of our "Mach 1 Shaker Cake" made by M1R member Dean Smith's son's cake business, M.A.D. Crafted Cakes.

Also in this issue were TWO letters in another M1R good friend, John Clor's column, from our very own Tony Alonza "complaining" and trying to bribe John to get his new 2015 Mustang early (LOL). Good try Tony, but now get back in line. ;)

If you're not a member of the Mustang Club of America (MCA) you're missing a nice magazine each month as even our Mach 1 "Father", Scott Hoag, is a contributing monthly columnist also.

My membership just ran out so I misssed this month's issue!! If anyone is willing to sell me their Oct. issue, I would love to have a copy of my son's picture with the 'Shaker Cake". Thanks Bill for posting the photo!!!

muzman
10-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Great post Bill-love the cake, wish I was there!

Bill Hamilton
10-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Great post Bill-love the cake, wish I was there!

Thank, Jeff. Carlisle's always a big show for the M1R. If you ever do another USA auto vacation, plan it around the All-Ford Carlisle weekend. It will be well worth your efforts. Attached is a pic I recently received of the two newest Shelby's in New Zealand. Supposed to be a big "Petrolhead Breakfast" coming up down there or as we call them in the states, Cars and Coffee. (LOL)

muzman
10-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Thank, Jeff. Carlisle's always a big show for the M1R. If you ever do another USA auto vacation, plan it around the All-Ford Carlisle weekend. It will be well worth your efforts. Attached is a pic I recently received of the two newest Shelby's in New Zealand. Supposed to be a big "Petrolhead Breakfast" coming up down there or as we call them in the states, Cars and Coffee. (LOL)

Good photo, the annual quota of 500 per annum newer than 20 year old left hand drive special interest vehicles has been used up for the first time before the year has run out since the new rule came into force in 2010. This week the $kiwi dropped from about mid 80's to the $USD to high 70's. If that currency trend continues we will see less cars come in and will make a US holiday much more expensive sadly. Do you know the guys in the photo? Yes lots of cars and caffeine shows popping up now, baby boomers and their toys!

Bill Hamilton
10-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Good photo, the annual quota of 500 per annum newer than 20 year old left hand drive special interest vehicles has been used up for the first time before the year has run out since the new rule came into force in 2010. This week the $kiwi dropped from about mid 80's to the $USD to high 70's. If that currency trend continues we will see less cars come in and will make a US holiday much more expensive sadly. Do you know the guys in the photo? Yes lots of cars and caffeine shows popping up now, baby boomers and their toys!

The two guys in the photo are Ray Moleto and John Kyngdon. They live in Gisborne. :CHEERS:

ASH302
10-03-2014, 10:17 PM
very nice, :yes:

ASh

Tony Alonso
10-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Let them eat (shaker) cake!

And yeah, no love for me. In fact, the car that is supposed to be coming in for me might not make it past QA hold. There are number of them being pulled as "not for sale". I still don't know the fate. I might have to re-order.

I need to write another letter :)

Bill Hamilton
10-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Let them eat (shaker) cake!

And yeah, no love for me. In fact, the car that is supposed to be coming in for me might not make it past QA hold. There are number of them being pulled as "not for sale". I still don't know the fate. I might have to re-order.

I need to write another letter :)

Tony, tell John Clor it he doesn't straighten up and help you out, you may have to take him off your Christmas card list (LOL). :3:

Tony Alonso
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Tony, tell John Clor it he doesn't straighten up and help you out, you may have to take him off your Christmas card list (LOL). :3:

He might be tired of hearing from me, so this could be part of his master plan :31: